Canada: ‘I’ve Never Heard Of This Many Swans Being Found Dead In One Place And At One Time’
The swans were discovered by a rower near Henley Island, who called the Lincoln County Humane Society.
‘We picked up 13 dead swans Monday morning and another one was dropped off by a member of the public,’ said LCHS executive director Kevin Strooband. ‘This is very unusual for us to come across and because of that it raises flags. So we automatically investigate.’
Because of their orange and black beaks, the birds were most likely mute swans, which breed in the wild and are far more common than trumpeter or tundra swans.
Wild animals fall under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Natural Resources, so it will be their responsibility to follow up once they reopen after being closed Monday for Remembrance Day, Strooband said.
There’s no initial indication what may have happened to the birds, but an Ontario swan expert called the deaths ‘very unusual.’
‘I’ve never heard of this many swans being found dead in one place and at one time.’ said Harry Lumsden, an Aurora man who used to work for the Ministry of Natural Resources and is now involved with the Trumpeter Swan Restoration program.
He said because the deaths are so unusual, the ministry will likely send a few of the birds to the Canadian Cooperative Wildlife Health Centre at the University of Guelph for a post-mortem examination.” Read more.
- Ohio: Muslim “Refugee” Unleashes Car-And-Knife Rampage On University Campus midnightwatcher.wordpress.com/2016/11/28/ohi… https://t.co/o1E57MYrEU 1 week ago
- PA trying to convince Obama not to veto UN resolution 12/11/2016PA sending a delegation to Washington in hopes of avoiding American veto of a UN Security Council resolution that criticizes "settlements".
- Egypt opens Rafah crossing for three days 12/11/2016Egyptian authorities temporarily open the Rafah border crossing with Gaza, which has been mostly closed since a 2014 attack in the Sinai.
- Planner of Charlie Hebdo attack killed in Syria airstrike 12/11/2016Pentagon confirms that a leader of ISIS in Syria was killed in an air strike in Raqa.
- Death toll in Istanbul explosions climbs to 29 12/11/2016Turkish President says explosions outside Istanbul soccer stadium were a terrorist attack against security forces and citizens.
- ISIS re-enters Syria's Palmyra 12/11/2016ISIS jihadists re-enter the historic city of Palmyra in central Syria, for the first time since being expelled nine months ago.
- Western powers call for talks to end Syria war 12/10/2016Western powers demand civilians be allowed to leave Aleppo, insist involved parties hold talks to end conflict.
- Turkish court drops case against IDF commanders 12/09/2016In accordance with reconciliation deal with Israel, court in Istanbul drops case against IDF commanders being tried over Marmara raid.
- Video: Shillman Fellow Daniel Greenfield on Tucker CarlsonThe Freedom Center's Shillman Fellow Daniel Greenfield was on Tucker Carlson on Thursday, December 8, discussing his Frontpage article, 5 Ways Trump Shows How to Win Elections. Don't miss it!
- The Coming Sanctuary Cities CrackdownChicago is one of the best places to live in America if you’re one of the millions of illegal aliens present in the country -- and free-spending, lawbreaking Mayor Rahm Emanuel is trying his best to keep it that way. Emanuel (D), who used to be a congressman and then President Obama’s chief of staff, dropped by Trump Tower in New York on Wednesday to urge Pr […]
- Civilization Death Watch: Geert Wilders Convicted of Hate SpeechIn an unsurprising but disheartening capitulation to Islamic sensitivity, Dutch freedom fighter Geert Wilders has been declared guilty of hate speech and inciting racial discrimination for leading a chant calling for “fewer, fewer” Moroccans in the Netherlands. As reported by the UK Telegraph, prosecutors had asked judges to fine Wilders 5,000 euros as punis […]
- Merkel Backtracks Amidst Refugee Crisis German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other like-minded Western European leaders have allowed an unprecedented number of “refugees” into their countries from the most terrorist-prone countries in the world, such as Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq. To save their own necks, these reckless leaders are finally beginning to listen, at least half-heartedly, to their own […]
- Israel’s first project with TrumpOriginally published by the Jerusalem Post. Israeli officials are thrilled with the national security team that US President-elect Donald Trump is assembling. And they are right to be. The question now is how Israel should respond to the opportunity it presents us with. The one issue that brings together all of the top officials Trump has named so far to hi […]
- Hate SpacesOn a November night in 2004, almost four hundred students at Columbia University sat crowded into the theater of the University’s Lerner Hall to watch a troubling 25-minute film that was finally being released to the public, “Columbia Unbecoming,” produced by Dr. Charles Jacobs and Avi Goldwasser. The film, which exposed instances of student intimidation at […]
- The Election: What Just Happened?Below are the video and transcript to the panel discussion "The Election: What Just Happened?" which took place at the David Horowitz Freedom Center’s 2016 Restoration Weekend. Election: What Just Happened? from DHFC on Vimeo. Moderator: Good morning everybody. Can you hear me all right? Excellent. Take your seats. Who would have thought that H […]
- The Guilty Verdict Dutch Politicians Wanted So Much 12/10/2016Remarks, incomparably more damning icepicks than "fewer Moroccans", [were] made by members of the Netherlands' Labour Party, who of course were never prosecuted. The irony cannot have been lost on the wider world that on the same day that news of
- Critics of Islam on Trial in Europe: Wilders Convicted 12/10/2016On December 9, for the first time in Dutch history, a court criminalized freedom of expression: The truly heroic Dutch Member of Parliament, Geert Wilders, was found guilty of the "crime" of "hate speech." The death sentence against Salman Rushdie in
- Reaction of Geert Wilders to His Conviction 12/09/2016Dear friends, I still cannot believe it, but I have just been convicted. Because I asked a question about Moroccans. While the day before yesterday, scores of Moroccan asylum-seekers terrorized buses in Emmen and did not even had to pay a fine, a
- Amnesty International Attacks Democracies, Forgives Islamist Tyrannies 12/09/2016"Morally bankrupt." — Salman Rushdie, author with a $600,000 bounty from Iran's regime on his head, speaking of Amnesty International. Amnesty sponsored a rally in Brussels, where Islamist speakers celebrated the 9/11 attacks, denied the Holocaust and
- Shari'a Law Meets the Internet 12/08/2016Shari'a councils should not have the right effectively to deny women rights they hold as British citizens under British law. In the end, the biggest problem is that there is no system of external regulation for the councils. There is no legal requirement
- The Dragon of Islamic Terrorism 12/08/2016The dragon's first major tongue-dart at the West was the death threat -- a fatwa with a bounty issued in 1989 by Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Khomeini -- on Salman Rushdie, a British citizen, for his novel, The Satanic Verses. What the dragon learned
- France: Decomposing in Front of Our Eyes 12/07/2016Four officers were injured (two badly burned) when around 15 "youths" (Muslim gang-members) swarmed their cars and hurled rocks and firebombs at them. Police were aggrieved when the minister of interior called the attackers "little wild ones." Police and
- Between the fronts – Christians in Iraq 12/08/2016ICC Note: Qaraqosh was liberated this fall with Iraqi Security forces and the US backed coalition cleared ISIS from the town limits on their way to Mosul. Now, Christians who were once hopeful of returning home are claiming they will never go back since they city is uninhabitable. Deep distrust exists amongst the Christian community in Iraq for security forc […]
- Ransomed: The freeing of 226 Christians from Islamic State 12/06/2016ICC Note: In February 2015, the Islamic State in Syria captured over 200 Christians in the Khabur River villages in a single night. Now almost two years later, millions of dollars were secretly paid to have these hostages released. While it is very morally fraught to pay ransoms to terrorists, Assyrian Christians around the world felt the absolute necessity […]
- ISIS Sex Slave Survivor Told Jihadists Who Raped Her: ‘No Religion Accepts What They Did’ 12/05/2016ICC Note: A sex slave survivor of The Islamic State in Iraq has spoken before the UN recounting the atrocities committed against her and fellow women in Iraq. Starting in 2014 ISIS began a campaign against religious minority women instituting a widespread sex slave market and industry in their self-proclaimed caliphate. Yazidi and Christian women were the pr […]
- M 6.9 - 94km WSW of Kirakira, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIII Time2016-12-09 19:10:07 UTC2016-12-10 06:10:07 +11:00 at epicenterLocation10.730°S 161.107°EDepth20.59 km (12.79 mi)
- M 6.5 - 79km WSW of Kirakira, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VTime2016-12-08 21:56:07 UTC2016-12-09 08:56:07 +11:00 at epicenterLocation10.827°S 161.304°EDepth14.69 km (9.13 mi)
- M 7.8 - 69km WSW of Kirakira, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VIII DYFI? - IX Time2016-12-08 17:38:46 UTC2016-12-09 04:38:46 +11:00 at epicenterLocation10.676°S 161.330°EDepth41.00 km (25.48 mi)
- M 6.5 - 160km W of Ferndale, CaliforniaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - V Time2016-12-08 14:49:46 UTC2016-12-08 06:49:46 -08:00 at epicenterLocation40.475°N 126.153°WDepth12.08 km (7.51 mi)
- M 6.5 - 19km SE of Sigli, IndonesiaPAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - IX DYFI? - IX Time2016-12-06 22:03:32 UTC2016-12-07 05:03:32 +07:00 at epicenterLocation5.281°N 96.108°EDepth8.19 km (5.09 mi)
- Ohio: Muslim “Refugee” Unleashes Car-And-Knife Rampage On University Campus
- David Wood On Why Muslims Pray To Mohammed (Video)
- Scotland: “Deeply-Religious-But-No-Fanatic” Friendly Muslim Kills Not-As-Deeply-Religious Friendly Muslim For “Disrespecting” The Prophet Mohammed
- Police Massacred In Dallas: FBI Investigating Dallas Mosque That Hosted Anti-Police Group
- Robert Spencer: Muslims Wouldn’t Bomb Muhammad’s City, Would They? Sure They Would.
- Muslims In Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Arizona Develop Sudden Urge To Rape And Murder
- David Wood: Anti-Muslim Bigotry And Violence On The Rise … From Other Muslims
- California: Muslim Woman At LA Airport Threatens To Bomb America (Video)
- Doctrines Of Demons: London Church Hosts Islamic Prayers, Ramadan Iftari Dinners
- “Your Jesus Did Not Come To Save Him From Us”: Muslims Mock Christian Wife After Slitting Her Husband’s Throat
- Utah Lieutenant Gov Has To Distort The “Religion Of Peace” … To Promote Peace
- Lamebrain Loretta: Attorney General Says Motive Of Orlando Killer “May Never Be Known”
- “We Belong To ISIS”: Philadelphia “Men” Ruthlessly Attack Husband And Wife Outside Restaurant
- Canada: Private Islamic School Teaches Children It’s Good To Kill Gays And Adulterers, Chop Off Limbs
- Idaho: Syrian “Refugees” Reportedly Rape Little Girl At Knifepoint
- Arkansas: Muslims Make Terroristic Threats After Accusing Christian Waitress Of Delaying Order, “People Like You Are The Reason We Kill”
- Believers Behaving Badly: Robert Spencer On The Global Outbreak Of “Mental Illness” (Video)
- Madness: Racist Muslim Immigrant Who Praised 9/11 Terror Attacks Is On Homeland Security Advisory Council
- New Mexico: Muslim “Refugee” Arrested In Border County In Possession Of Region’s Gas Pipeline Plans
- Texas: Muslim Man Arrested For Making Terrorist Threats, “Anyone Who Touches Me Is Going To Bleed”
- Lying Wonders: Muslim Man Finds “Allah” Written Inside Watermelon In Arabic
- France: Muslim Man Hears Voices, Stabs Teenage Girl For Allah As “Ramadan Sacrifice”
- Terror In Texas: Muslim Gunman Shot Dead After Taking Hostages At Walmart
- David Wood: Western Politicians And Media Continue To Praise Islam, Even As It Bathes In Seas Of Blood
- After Florida Massacre And Fearing Difficult Questions, Pro-Terror CAIR Throws Out Reporter Before Press Conference
- Muslim Preacher Visiting Orlando Mosque: Homosexuals Should Be Killed, “Let’s Get Rid Of Them”
- Florida Terror: Muslim Gunman Slaughers At Least 50 For Allah At Orlando Gay Bar
- Muslims In Oklahoma, California, Illinois, Georgia, Texas Develop Sudden Urge To Attack, Threaten Non-Muslims
- The Truth About Ramadan
- NYPD Investigating First Palestinian Muslim Captain For Cheating On Exam
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
|Tabitha Korol on Education in America: Textbook…|
|Jad Adam on No Joking: Saudi Muslim Offers…|
|Jad Adam on No Joking: Saudi Muslim Offers…|
|Premium on The Mark of the Beast –…|
|wellborn on Ohio: Muslim “Refugee…|
|Tomas on Lost in Translation: ‘No…|
|Roy mendoza on Antichrist: Leader Of A One-Wo…|
|Anonymous on San Bernardino Terrorist: Chri…|
|Lemon on San Bernardino Terrorist: Chri…|
|Anonymous on San Bernardino Terrorist: Chri…|
|Anna on Again: ‘Green Fireball…|
|Barbie Tamiko Smith on Daniel 9:27 Redux: Will Antich…|
|Alfred Persson on 2 Thessalonians 2:4 — A…|
|traveltheusa20142015 on Lost in Translation: ‘No…|
|ICA on Lost in Translation: ‘No…|
- 2,299,155 Visitors Since March 2011