Report: Multiple Gunmen “Of Middle-Eastern Origin” Kill Up To 14 Attending San Bernardino Christmas Party
If reports of three gunmen are correct, then this was not the work of a deranged loner. This would have been a premeditated and organized act of terror. The report that the gunmen were of Middle-Eastern origin has not yet been confirmed by local law enforcement, but it does fit the jihadist modus operandi …
Update: Multiple shooters have been confirmed. Police have shot and killed two, one male and one female, identified as Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife Tashfeen Malik. It now appears there were two and not three shooters …
- Former CIA Officer: ‘This Has The Hallmarks Of The Sort Of Attacks You See In The Middle East’
FOX News – “A manhunt that began Wednesday morning after as many as three suspects ‘on a mission’ gunned down 14 people at an office holiday party in San Bernardino, Calif., ended hours later in a dramatic shootout on the town’s main drag, where police killed two of the perpetrators and detained another man who may have been involved. Federal officials have not ruled out the possibility that the attack, carried out with precision by suspects in tactical gear, was an act of terrorism.
The shootout occurred four hours after the massacre at a social services center less than two miles away, and appeared to bring closer to a dramatic conclusion events that gripped Southern California and stoked fears that a Paris-style attack could have occurred on American soil. Two suspects, one of whom was a female, both armed with handguns and assault rifles, were killed at the scene of the shootout on San Bernardino Avenue. A third suspect who was seen running from the scene was being held, but police were unsure if he was involved in the attack.
‘It’s a possibility, but we don’t know that yet,’ said Police Chief Jarrod Burguan at an evening news conference that came as questions continued to swirl about the killers’ numbers as well as motives. ‘We will go where the evidence takes us.’
The FBI was also on hand, and spokesman David Bowdich acknowledged that ‘adjustments’ had been made in the investigation with an eye on the possibility terrorism was involved.
‘It’s a possibility, but we are not willing to go down that road yet,’ Bowdich said.
Officials did not name the two assailants, but said the main one was a U.S. citizen.” Read more.