Indonesia: Muslim Mob Attacks Yet Another Christian Church … For Not Having Building Permit
And if it had a building permit they would have likely attacked those who granted it. For peaceful purposes. And then attack the church for not teaching Islam. For even more peaceful purposes …
Qur’an Sura 9:29, “[Mohammed said] Fight those who believe not in Allah … (even if they are) of the People of the Book [Christians], until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”
The Jakarta Post – “On the anniversary of the introduction of the state ideology Pancasila on June 1, an act of intolerance occurred in Yogyakarta as residents and members of Ormas (mass organizations) attacked a Pentecostal church in Pangukan, Sleman regency, on Sunday.
The group stoned the church, which had been vacated by its congregation after Sunday Service, destroying the building’s glass windows.
Police and military officers were powerless to stop the violent act. The regency’s public order officers installed zinc fences after the police inspected the area.
Turmudzi, board member from the Islamic study group, Majelis Ta’lim Al Huda said that local residents, along with members of the Islamic Jihad Front (FJI) and Islamic People’s Forum (FUI) were responsible for damaging the church.
‘The reason is not related to worship. We attacked the church because it has no building permit,’ Turmudzi, who suffered injuries to his hands after stoning the church, claimed.
Separately, Sleman Deputy Regent Yuni Satya Rahayu admitted that the administration had not granted a building permit to the church, saying that the church board faked signatures of local residents to fulfill the requirements of the permit.
‘The development of the church has been problematic since the beginning. Rev. Nico Lomboan was not fair to the local people, whom he wanted to build the church,’ Yuni told The Jakarta Post on Sunday.
She said Sunday’s incident was the third such act since the construction of the church began, before the administration sealed the building in 2012.
Nico and members of the church’s congregation could not be reached for comment on Sunday.
This is not the first time that the FJI has been implicated in religious-based violence in Yogyakarta. On March 30, the group’s members reportedly attacked the Kemah Injil Indonesia (GKII) church in Girisubo district, Gunungkidul
The group members also allegedly assaulted Gunungkidul Interfaith Forum chairman Aminuddin Aziz on May 2 …” Read more.
Flashback: The Indonesian Model Of Moderate Islam
- New Rash Of Church Closings Sweeps Across ‘Moderate’ Indonesia
- Hundreds Of Islamists Attack Christian Church During Prayer Service
- Bomb Planted At Christian Junior High School By Suspected Extremists
- Six Christian Schools Threatened With Closure … For Not Teaching Islam
- Anti-Christian Incidents Nearly Double in 2011, Worst May Be Yet to Come
- Gov’t Shuts Down 16 Christian ‘Houses Of Worship’ After Muslim Complaints
- Hundreds Of Muslims Attack Christians Gathering Near Site Of Future Church
- Muslim Mobs Throw Stones, Human Waste At Christians During Church Service
- Hundreds Of Islamists Brutally Attack Christians Gathering For Sunday Worship
- Increasing Intolerance Against Christians Force The Closure Of 17 More Churches
- Gov’t Put Christian Children In Muslim Schools, Send Them Home To Spread Islam
- Massive Increase Of Radical Islamism Spreads Throughout Indonesia, Including ‘Top-Quality’ Universities