Iran: Christian Man Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison For Preaching The Gospel
John 3:19-20, “And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.”
BosNewsLife – “An Iranian Christian convert has been sentenced to 10 years imprisonment on what his supporters say are false charges linked to his evangelical church activities, local activist said Tuesday, August 6.
Mohammad-Hadi (Mostafa) Bordbar, a 27-year-old resident of the city of Rasht, was ‘tried by Judge Pir-Abbasi on the morning of June 9, 2013 in branch 26 of the Revolutionary Court in Tehran,’ amid a wider government crackdown on spreading Christianity in Iran said Mohabat News, an agency of Iranian Christian and activists.
Bordbar, who has been detained since December 27, 2012, received a five-year jail sentence for ‘membership of an anti-security organization’ and an additional five years for ‘gathering with the intent to commit crimes against Iranian national security,’ according to published court documents.
The court reportedly said that Bordbar was involved in ‘Christian evangelical activities’ and ‘Zionism’ aimed at undermining the Islamic leadership of the country through establishing ‘evangelical ministries and organizations and holding underground worship meetings.’
It cited Mostafa Bordbar’s baptism at the home of a pastor, his continued involvement in house churches in the capital Tehran and the areas of Gilan, Karaj and Esfahan as well as related evangelism work as further evidence that he violated the laws of this strict Islamic nation...
He allegedly admitted having distributed 12,000 pieces of Christian literature and dubbing five movies related to Christian evangelism for Christian TV channels.
Iranian officials claimed to have discovered some 6,000 Christian books and compact discs at his home in Rasht. Bordbar confessed that he hid Gospels” for fear of them being burned by Islamic authorities, the court reportedly said.
The court’s judgment came after Bordbar and about 50 other Farsi-speaking Christian converts were detained by security agents in a house in northern Tehran during a worship service celebrating the birth of Jesus, Christians said.” Read more.
Flashback: Iran’s Kingdom of Darkness
- More Christian Converts Sentenced To Prison For Promoting The Faith Of Christ
- Convert to Christianity Held for 15 Months Now Given Six-Year Prison Sentence
- Iran Launches Bible Burning Campaign Fearing Growth Of Christianity Among Its Youth
- Ten Converts to Christianity Arrested in House Church After Gathering for Prayer
- Pastor, Wife, Church Workers Imprisoned For Converting To Christianity, Evangelism
- US Citizen And Convert To Christianity Arrested, Jailed While Visiting Family In Iran
- Iran Denies Business License For Christians, Orders Businesses Not To Employ Them
- Iranian Christian Convert Murdered In Texas, Police Investigate Possible Foreign Plot
- Sweden: Two Iranian Converts To Christianity Attacked And Stabbed By Muslims
- Death Threats From Iran Received By Convert To Christianity And Pastor In St. Louis
- Islamic Militants Calling Themselves ‘The Unknown Soldiers of The Hidden Imam’ Threaten to Hunt Down and Execute Christians Who Flee Iran