An Obama Nation: 74% Of Small Businesses Will Fire Workers, Cut Hours Under Obamacare
If writers of the not-so-affordable “Affordable Care Act” were unable to see this coming, then the Earls of Myopia had no business writing it in the first place …
BY PAUL BEDARD, Washington Examiner – “Despite the administration’s controversial decision to delay forcing companies to join Obamacare for a year, three-quarters of small businesses are still making plans to duck the costly law by firing workers, reducing hours of full-time staff, or shift many to part-time, according to a sobering survey released by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
‘Small businesses expect the requirement to negatively impact their employees. Twenty-seven percent say they will cut hours to reduce full time employees, 24 percent will reduce hiring, and 23 percent plan to replace full time employees with part-time workers to avoid triggering the mandate,’ said the Chamber business survey provided to Secrets.
Under Obamacare, just 30 hours — not the nationally recognized 40 hours — is considered full-time. Companies with 50 full-time workers or more are required to provide health care, or pay a fine.
The administration recently decided to wait a year before businesses had to comply, but many are trying to get ready anyway. The president did not delay the mandate that Americans must have health insurance or pay a fine, however.
The Chamber’s second quarter small business survey found that just 30 percent are ready for the law and even understand what is required.
Dealing with Obamacare is the biggest worry of small businesses and comes as they continue to see a sluggish economy which has already put a brake on their hiring. Just 17 percent reported adding employees in the past two years. And only one-in-five small business owners believe that they will add employees in the next two years.” Read more.
Flashback: The Carelessness of ObamaCare
- Seven Million Will Lose Medical Insurance Under Obama Health Law
- Medical Giant Stryker Cuts 1,170 Jobs Due To Obamacare
- Labor Unions Finally Read Obamacare Fine Print, Turn Sour On Obama
- Pennsylvania Hospital To Stop Delivering Babies Because Of Obamacare
- Medical Companies Brace For ‘Devastating’ ObamaCare Tax, Prep For Layoffs
- College Slashes Work Hours For Hundreds Of Professors To Avoid Obamacare
- Seniors Suffer As Obamacare’s $716 Billion In Cuts Drive Doctors Out Of Medicare
- Tsunami Of Obamacare Regulations Forcing Drastic Measures Upon Restaurant Owners To Ensure Profitability
- Another CEO Warns Obamacare Will Be ‘Very Costly’ For Businesses, ‘They’ll Be In For A Very Expensive Situation’