An Obama Nation: Pennsylvania College Slashes Work Hours For Hundreds Of Professors To Avoid Obamacare
By WYNTON HALL, Breitbart – “Pennsylvania’s Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) is slashing the hours of 400 adjunct instructors, support staff, and part-time instructors to dodge paying for Obamacare.
‘It’s kind of a double whammy for us because we are facing a legal requirement [under the new law] to get health care and if the college is reducing our hours, we don’t have the money to pay for it,’ said adjunct biology professor Adam Davis.
On Tuesday, CCAC employees were notified that Obamacare defines full-time employees as those working 30 hours or more per week and that on Dec. 31 temporary part-time employees will be cut back to 25 hours. The move will save an estimated $6 million.
‘While it is of course the college’s preference to provide coverage to these positions, there simply are not funds available to do so,’ said CCAC spokesperson David Hoovler. ‘Several years of cuts or largely flat funding from our government supporters have led to significant cost reductions by CCAC, leaving little room to trim the college’s budget further.’
The solution, says United Steelworkers representative Jeff Cech, is that adjunct professors should unionize in an attempt to thwart schools seeking similar cost-savings efforts from avoiding Obamacare.
‘They may be complying with the letter of the law, but the letter of law and the spirit of the law are two different things,’ said Mr. Cech. ‘If they are doing it at CCAC, it can’t be long before they do it other places.’
Under the new CCAC policy, adjunct professors will only be allowed to teach 10 credit hours a semester. Adjuncts are paid $730 per credit hour.
‘We all know we are expendable,’ said Mr. Davis, ‘and there are plenty of people out there in this economy who would be willing to have our jobs.'” Source – Breitbart.
- Fellowship With Darkness: Swedish Church To Collect Funds To Build Mosque midnightwatcher.wordpress.com/2016/02/04/fel… https://t.co/PgHXdRJwkh 3 days ago
- Haniyeh headlines Turkish conference to 'liberate Jerusalem' 02/08/2016Despite rapprochement talks with Israel, Ankara hosts Hamas head at event calling for 'armed struggle' to conquer Jerusalem.
- Hamas and Fatah meet in Qatar for latest reconciliation talks 02/08/2016Hamas and Fatah leaders meet to once again try to implement long-stalled reconciliation agreement.
- Fatah official: The Americans aren't an 'honest broker' 02/08/2016Fatah Central Committee member says United States is Israel's "strategic ally" and therefore cannot broker peace talks.
- Erdogan rules out a meeting with Egypt's Sisi 02/08/2016Turkish President won't meet Egyptian counterpart until death penalty on former President Morsi is cancelled.
- Red Cross shuts down Gaza office after attempted break in 02/08/2016International Committee of the Red Cross temporarily shuts down Gaza office after angry activists attempt to break in.
- Abbas 'firmly' backs Russian airstrikes for Assad 02/07/2016Russian Federation Council head meets with Abbas, says he finally showed hand in supporting Assad's regime in civil war.
- Hamas executes one of its own terrorists 02/07/2016Hamas terrorist tasked with overseeing terror tunnels and former associate of terror chief Deif executed, allegedly for 'spying.'
- The Devil’s Pleasure PalaceFor years now, many conservative writers, myself included, have increasingly urged engagement in the culture war against the radical left. The truth is that we have already lost that war. Having decisively lost the major ministries of culture – the media, academia, and the entertainment world – the right is now in a position of having to regroup, restrategiz […]
- The First Year of President Bernie SandersDaniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam. On January 20, 2017, President Bernie Sanders was sworn into office. The elderly Vermont politician, who had always made waves, refused to use a bible, instead taking his oath on a smudged copy of his own economic five-year plan. He also uni […]
- The Next Administration’s Immigration CrisisImmigration has finally emerged for the elections and the debates - particularly among the Republican candidates for the presidency. Donald Trump opened the floodgates about this issue when he talked about building a wall on the U.S./Mexican government and deporting the criminals entering the United States from other countries. During several debates Senat […]
- Hispanic Television's Most Influential RacialistJorge Ramos, whom The Wall Street Journal has described as “Hispanic TV’s No. 1 correspondent and key to a huge voting bloc,” recently lamented how “sad” it is that “treacherous” Republican presidential candidates have fueled a “xenophobic discourse in the United States” by repeatedly launching “harsh attacks on immigrants.” These “attacks” include such tran […]
- Palestinian “Moderate” LeadersWhen Barack Obama or his shills at the State Department aren’t busy apologizing to the Muslim world for America’s imagined misdeeds or thanking the Iranians for kidnapping our sailors, they’re usually excoriating Israel for “creating obstacles to peace” while the other side – the so-called Palestinians – generally escape criticism. Palestinian Authority inci […]
- The State of our UnionThe best New Year's Resolution I ever made was to stop trying to reason with unreasonable people. That may be especially valuable during an election year. With 4 of the 9 Supreme Court justices being more than 75 years old, the next president will probably be appointing replacements who can help determine the direction of American law well into the next […]
- Bernie Sanders Beats Hillary in a Lying ContestDaniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam. The future of the Democratic Party was two angry old leftists screaming at each other for two hours to decide who hates capitalism more. With the MSNBC and the Democratic Party's logos on a red background, the stage was set for a redde […]
- European Parliament Votes to Recognize ISIS Atrocities as GenocideICC NOTE: The European Parliament unanimously passed a resolution on Thursday recognizing the atrocities carried out by ISIS towards religious minorities as a genocide. This is the first instance of the European body recognizing an ongoing conflict as a genocide. This is a major step towards possible global recognition of the atrocities in the Middle East as […]
- BREAKING: 30 Killed, 40 More Wounded as ISIS Bombs Suburban Neighborhood in SyriaICC Note: Reports coming in show that ISIS has taken responsibility for bombing a residential neighborhood outside of Damascus Syria. 30 were killed and 40 more people were injured, including women and children. Christian populations living amongst the Shi'a Muslims have feared the growing threat from ISIS influence throughout Syria. As the Vatican, […]
- ISIS Releases 22 Assyrian Christian Hostages, Executes 3. Hundreds More Still Missing.ICC Note: After months of negotiations for high ransom, ISIS released another small group of Assyrian Christians who will have to be reintegrated into society after such a traumatic ordeal. The Islamic State (ISIS) in Syria kidnapped several hundred Assyrian Christians in 2015 from the cities of Hosaka (Province), Qaryatain, and Khabur. among others as they […]
- Vatican Pleas for Syria Talks to Remember ChristiansICC Note: As the UN Envoy to Syria prepares for the beginning of peace talks, the Christian community is praying for the eliminationism campaign against Christians and minorities to be addressed within the talks. Pope Francis met with Iranian President Rouhani to discuss the importance of remembering the rights of Christians and other minorities that have b […]
- Pastor Saeed Abedini Reveals the ‘Hardest Thing’ He Faced While Detained in IranICC Note: Pastor Saeed, finally in the US with his family, revealed that the 'hardest thing' he faced in Iranian prison was the months and months of solitary confinement with no books or communication to the outside world. This type of emotional deprivation was in addition to the severe beatings and torture he sustained in prison on charges relate […]
- Christian Refugees in Turkey Find No Rest from Radical Muslim Persecution, TerrorICC Note: Despite escaping the Christian Genocide and forced displacement in Iraq and Syria, Christian refugees in Turkey still feel the intense discrimination from Muslim populations. Christian refugee children cannot enroll in school because they do not speak Turkish and the families have been forced to dress as Muslims in public and worship in the privacy […]
- ISIS Attacks Christian Neighborhood in Syria, Killing ThreeICC Note: ISIS bombed a Christian neighborhood on January 24, adding to a never-ending list of target attacks against Christian populations in Iraq and Syria. The attack occurred in a Kurdish city, and the residents noted that despite the ISIS responsibility announcement, they are always targeted because of their faith. 1/24/2016 Syria (UCA News) - An attac […]
- The Watchman: Pastor Saeed's Release and Iran's Double Game 01/20/2016Welcome to the final edition of The Watchman. After more than 10 years with CBN, Terrorism Analyst Erick Stakelbeck is moving on to new adventures. For this last show, we'll examine the Iranian regime's continued terrorist activity in spite of Pastor Saeed Abedini's release. We also talk to Dr. Michael Youssef about his new book, End Times and […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: What to Watch for in 2016 01/05/2016On this week's edition of The Watchman, we look ahead to 2016 and the major stories to watch for, including ISIS, Iran, Russia in the Middle East, homegrown jihad and more.Erick Stakelbeck
- David Cameron's Tough Line Against the Muslim Brotherhood 12/18/2015British Prime Minister David Cameron is taking a tough line against the Muslim Brotherhood--but the Obama administration is unlikely to follow. Erick Stakelbeck takes a closer look at how the Brotherhood's ideology inspires terrorism.Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.4 - 28km NE of Pingtung, TaiwanPAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIII Time2016-02-05 19:57:27 UTC2016-02-06 03:57:27 +08:00 at epicenterLocation22.871°N 120.668°EDepth23.00 km (14.29 mi)
- M 7.2 - 91km N of Yelizovo, RussiaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - III Time2016-01-30 03:25:10 UTC2016-01-30 15:25:10 +12:00 at epicenterLocation54.007°N 158.506°EDepth160.97 km (100.02 mi)
- M 0.0 Sonic Boom - Southern New JerseyDYFI? - VIITime2016-01-28 18:23:45 UTC2016-01-28 13:23:45 -05:00 at epicenterLocation39.300°N 74.300°WDepth0.00 km (0.00 mi)
- M 6.3 - 50km NNE of Al Hoceima, MoroccoPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VIITime2016-01-25 04:22:02 UTC2016-01-25 04:22:02 +00:00 at epicenterLocation35.652°N 3.676°WDepth12.00 km (7.46 mi)
- M 7.1 - 87km WSW of Anchor Point, AlaskaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VII Time2016-01-24 10:30:29 UTC2016-01-24 01:30:29 -09:00 at epicenterLocation59.605°N 153.341°WDepth123.40 km (76.68 mi)
- Fellowship With Darkness: Swedish Church To Collect Funds To Build Mosque
- ISIS Flag Painted On Swedish School, Warning To “Pray To Allah Or Die”
- Fellowship With Darkness: Obama Praises Islam, Islamizes US History During Visit To Segregated Baltimore Mosque With Extremist Ties
- Top 10 Disturbing Islamic Teachings On Women
- North Carolina Teen Converts To Islam, Kills Neighbor, Develops Sudden Urge To Slaughter 1,000 In Shooting Spree
- Parents Forced To Watch As ISIS Beheads Their Young Boy For Missing His Prayers
- Islamic State Execution Room Contained Stacks Of Qur’ans
- ISIS-Affiliated Muslims Massacre Over 100 In Nigeria, Screaming Children Burned Alive
- Canada: Muslims Open Fire On Calgary Night Club
- Canada: Muslim Leader Calls Upon Muslims To Only Do Business With Muslims, Never Hire “Infidels”
- Philadelphia Mayor Buries Head In Sand, Says Islamic Terror Does Not Represent Islam “In Any Way, Shape Or Form”
- Ambush: Muslim Opens Fire On Philadelphia Police Officer “In The Name Of Islam”
- Burned Alive: ISIS Reportedly Forcing Christians Into Coffins, Setting Them On Fire
- Palestinian Committee Member: Allah Loves Those Who Sacrifice Themselves Seeking To Kill Jews
- Palestinian Deputy: Muslim Terrorists Are “Heroes And A Crown On The Head Of Every Palestinian”
- Ein Frohes Neues Jahr: Up To 1000 Muslim “Refugee” Men Go On Mass Sex Assault Spree In Germany
- 2016 ISIS Plan: Activate Hundreds Of Terror Cells And “Slaughter Thousands” Of Non-Muslims All Around The World
- New York: Muslim Pizzeria Owner Develops Sudden Hunger For Bloody Jihad, Support For ISIS
- Saudi Author: ISIS Reaping What We’ve Sown, “Our Religion … Has Been Made Savage”
- Saudi Law Maker: Arab Culture Is Immersed In Violence And Hatred Of Others
- FBI Alerted After Group Of Middle Eastern Men Ask Suspicious Questions About Missouri Dam
- Pat Condell: We All Want The Truth, And Donald Trump Speaks It
- Missouri: FBI Alerted After Muslims Buy Dozens Of Cellphones At 4AM At Rural Walmart
- Italy Arrests ISIS Terrorist Posing As “Refugee”
- Muslims In Ohio, Minnesota, Illinois, Maryland Develop Sudden Urge To Support ISIS
- Terror In Sweden: ISIS Letters Posted On Dozens Of Doors In Multiple Cities Giving Residents 3 Days To Convert To Islam Or Be Beheaded
- Beasts Of The Earth: ISIS Orders Killing Of All Children With Down’s Syndrome
- Hundreds Of “Refugees” Caught With Images OF ISIS Flags, Severed Heads On Their Phones
- DC Demonstrator: “I’m Christian And I LOVE The Qur’an”
- 9 Facts About Islam The Media Doesn’t Want You To Know
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 2,181,323 Visitors Since March 2011