An Obama Nation: Pennsylvania College Slashes Work Hours For Hundreds Of Professors To Avoid Obamacare
By WYNTON HALL, Breitbart – “Pennsylvania’s Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) is slashing the hours of 400 adjunct instructors, support staff, and part-time instructors to dodge paying for Obamacare.
‘It’s kind of a double whammy for us because we are facing a legal requirement [under the new law] to get health care and if the college is reducing our hours, we don’t have the money to pay for it,’ said adjunct biology professor Adam Davis.
On Tuesday, CCAC employees were notified that Obamacare defines full-time employees as those working 30 hours or more per week and that on Dec. 31 temporary part-time employees will be cut back to 25 hours. The move will save an estimated $6 million.
‘While it is of course the college’s preference to provide coverage to these positions, there simply are not funds available to do so,’ said CCAC spokesperson David Hoovler. ‘Several years of cuts or largely flat funding from our government supporters have led to significant cost reductions by CCAC, leaving little room to trim the college’s budget further.’
The solution, says United Steelworkers representative Jeff Cech, is that adjunct professors should unionize in an attempt to thwart schools seeking similar cost-savings efforts from avoiding Obamacare.
‘They may be complying with the letter of the law, but the letter of law and the spirit of the law are two different things,’ said Mr. Cech. ‘If they are doing it at CCAC, it can’t be long before they do it other places.’
Under the new CCAC policy, adjunct professors will only be allowed to teach 10 credit hours a semester. Adjuncts are paid $730 per credit hour.
‘We all know we are expendable,’ said Mr. Davis, ‘and there are plenty of people out there in this economy who would be willing to have our jobs.'” Source – Breitbart.
- David Wood On Why Muslims Pray To Mohammed (Video) youtube.com/watch?v=c9cvvz… midnightwatcher.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/dav… 3 days ago
- UN: medical evacuations in Syria to begin Friday 10/20/2016UN hopes to use Russian-led Syria ceasefire for medical evacuations, food, and supplies.
- PA envoy: Israel must face consequences for 'settlements' 10/20/2016PA envoy to the UN calls for Israel to face “consequences” for its construction of “Jewish settlements”.
- Assad: Photo of 5-year-old Omran was 'forged' 10/20/2016Syria's President says photo of 5-year-old who covered in dust and blood in Aleppo had been manipulated.
- Islam originally recognized Jews as owners of Israel 10/19/2016Middle East expert Prof. Nissim Dana says that originally Islam saw the Jews as the owners of land of Israel and Jerusalem
- PA officials defend UNESCO resolution on Jerusalem 10/19/2016PA representative to UNESCO says the resolution on Jerusalem is "all about occupation".
- ISIS could use chemical weapons, warn American officials 10/19/2016The United States expects ISIS to use crude chemical weapons against those trying to conquer the city of Mosul.
- Eight hour truce in Aleppo 10/18/2016Moscow announces lull in strikes to allow safe evacuation for armed rebels and wounded
- The Third Debate: 'What Kind of Country Are We Going to Be?'The peculiar self-contradiction of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign was on abundant display Wednesday night during her third and last presidential debate with Donald Trump: running as the anointed heir of a two-term president in whose administration she served, she has to maintain both that everything is going great and that the nation in general is i […]
- University of Chicago Champions Hamas-Driven BDS MovementThe David Horowitz Freedom Center continued its ongoing poster campaign at the University of Chicago last night, denouncing the Chicago chapter of Students for Justice in Palestine for their support of anti-Israel terrorism and their role in driving the campus’s widespread endorsement of the genocidal and Hamas-driven Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) […]
- A Frightening Preview of Hillary’s AmericaDaniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam. Hillary Clinton, of all people, summed up this debate and this election best. “What kind of country are we going to be?” The Evita of Arkansas is a compulsive liar who has never told the truth in her life. But this time around she was right. […]
- Now It’s Up to the VotersBruce Thornton is a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center. The third debate was a rerun of the other two. Even moderator Chris Wallace scolded both candidates for repeating stale talking points and talking over each other like squabbling fishwives. Neither Trump nor Clinton said anything that will change this race one way or the oth […]
- Is the Fix Still In?The first two presidential debates of 2016 were something of a show trial. In the first, moderator Lester Holt of NBC interrupted Donald Trump more than 40 times and Hillary Clinton fewer than 10 times. In the second debate, Anderson Cooper of CNN acted the inquisitor on the recently revealed groping tape. Co-moderator Martha Raddatz of ABC offered a retort […]
- The Western Intelligentsia and the Islamist ThreatCurrently, the West is being confronted with foreboding challenges by Islamic States and Islamist groups of one kind or another, all of which view Western democracy and the Western way of life with abhorrence. Perversely, no matter how provocative and despicable the behavior and pronouncements of such entities, the general response of the prevailing Western […]
- Hillary’s Achilles’ HeelReprinted from Washingtontimes.com. Nov. 8 may very well go down in history as the day Americans signed our nation’s death certificate. We the people need to understand what is at stake in the most important election in U.S. history. A Hillary Clinton vote will mean the death of free speech, the right to bear arms, and the right to life for the unborn. Most […]
- Germans Leaving Germany 'In Droves' 10/20/2016More than 1.5 million Germans, many of them highly educated, left Germany during the past decade. — Die Welt. Germany is facing a spike in migrant crime, including an epidemic of rapes and sexual assaults. Mass migration is also accelerating the
- Erasing the West 10/20/2016The UNESCO vote seems clearly a response to the expansionist, jihadist aspirations of members of the OIC who sponsored it: Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar and Sudan. Some analysts consider a vote to abstain to be a victory for Israel, but
- Turkey's Land-Grab Wish List 10/20/2016Erdogan looks determined to fight any war in the hope that all will end with Turkish-Sunni dominance in the region. He is wrong. Turkey's "National Contract," Misak-i Milli, also claimed the former Ottoman province of Mosul as a Turkish province. There
- Palestinians: Fatah Prepares for War with Israel 10/19/2016"We have pledged to prepare an army of fighters by devoting our full abilities and energies to consolidate the option of armed struggle as the only means to liberate Palestine." — The armed wing of Fatah, Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, Martyr Nidal Al-Amoudi
- Open Letter to President Obama on Genocide in South Sudan 10/19/2016This very country [South Sudan] which the United States helped to create and then later on abandoned. I am appealing to your leadership to intervene in hope of retracting South Sudan from ascending into a fully scaled genocide. President Obama, you
- Is the United States Abandoning the Free World? 10/19/2016There is great anxiety among Africans who are peace-loving, and who care about democracy and human rights, that after the U.S. presidential election next month, this concern for people who care about democratic values and human rights might stop. The
- A Month of Islam and Multiculturalism in Britain: September 2016 10/18/2016"Sharia councils are thriving because there is no other authentic and credible mechanism for Muslim women to obtain an Islamic divorce. If the government offered an alternative, 90% of the work of sharia councils would end." — Moulana Raza, Director of
- 743 Christian Refugees, Converts Attacked by Muslims in German Camps, Persecution Report Finds 10/20/2016ICC Note:According to watchdog group, Open Doors, has reported at least 743 cases in which Christian refugees living in German camps have been victim to religiously motivated attacks. The situation in these resettlement shelters is unbearable for religious minorities. After escaping genocide, many Christians and Yazidis still face harassment, attack and thre […]
- Facts about Iraq’s Christians as they fete army advance 10/20/2016ICC Note: As the fight to retake Mosul is on its way in Iraq, Christians wait anxiously to see if they might be able to return home after two years. News of the recapture of Qaraqosh sparked widespread celebrations among the Christians living in Erbil. Qaraqosh fell to ISIS in the summer of 2014 displacing approximately 120,000 Christian villagers. 10/20/201 […]
- ‘Accelerated targeting’ of ‘disproportionately suffering’ Middle East Christians 10/19/2016ICC Note: About 50 percent of the Christian population has left Syria while approximately 80 percent of the Christian population of Iraq has left. The remaining Christian are reportedly being disproportionately targeted by their Muslim counterparts. According to Open doors UK in 2011 the Syrian Christians numbered 8 percent of the 22 million population. 10/1 […]
- M 6.6 - 156km N of Indramayu, IndonesiaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - III DYFI? - IIITime2016-10-19 00:26:01 UTC2016-10-19 07:26:01 +07:00 at epicenterLocation4.917°S 108.160°EDepth614.00 km (381.52 mi)
- M 6.9 - 78km WNW of Kandrian, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - III Time2016-10-17 06:14:58 UTC2016-10-17 16:14:58 +10:00 at epicenterLocation6.053°S 148.862°EDepth35.00 km (21.75 mi)
- M 6.4 - 145km NNE of Kimbe, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - III DYFI? - I Time2016-10-15 08:03:38 UTC2016-10-15 18:03:38 +10:00 at epicenterLocation4.262°S 150.406°EDepth446.64 km (277.53 mi)
- M 3.7 - 5km S of Loma Linda, CAShakeMap - V DYFI? - VTime2016-10-08 22:43:49 UTC2016-10-08 15:43:49 -07:00 at epicenterLocation34.008°N 117.252°WDepth14.11 km (8.77 mi)
- M 6.0 - 113km NNE of Nago, JapanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VITime2016-09-26 05:19:58 UTC2016-09-26 14:19:58 +09:00 at epicenterLocation27.471°N 128.560°EDepth40.25 km (25.01 mi)
- David Wood On Why Muslims Pray To Mohammed (Video)
- Scotland: “Deeply-Religious-But-No-Fanatic” Friendly Muslim Kills Not-As-Deeply-Religious Friendly Muslim For “Disrespecting” The Prophet Mohammed
- Police Massacred In Dallas: FBI Investigating Dallas Mosque That Hosted Anti-Police Group
- Robert Spencer: Muslims Wouldn’t Bomb Muhammad’s City, Would They? Sure They Would.
- Muslims In Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Arizona Develop Sudden Urge To Rape And Murder
- David Wood: Anti-Muslim Bigotry And Violence On The Rise … From Other Muslims
- California: Muslim Woman At LA Airport Threatens To Bomb America (Video)
- Doctrines Of Demons: London Church Hosts Islamic Prayers, Ramadan Iftari Dinners
- “Your Jesus Did Not Come To Save Him From Us”: Muslims Mock Christian Wife After Slitting Her Husband’s Throat
- Utah Lieutenant Gov Has To Distort The “Religion Of Peace” … To Promote Peace
- Lamebrain Loretta: Attorney General Says Motive Of Orlando Killer “May Never Be Known”
- “We Belong To ISIS”: Philadelphia “Men” Ruthlessly Attack Husband And Wife Outside Restaurant
- Canada: Private Islamic School Teaches Children It’s Good To Kill Gays And Adulterers, Chop Off Limbs
- Idaho: Syrian “Refugees” Reportedly Rape Little Girl At Knifepoint
- Arkansas: Muslims Make Terroristic Threats After Accusing Christian Waitress Of Delaying Order, “People Like You Are The Reason We Kill”
- Believers Behaving Badly: Robert Spencer On The Global Outbreak Of “Mental Illness” (Video)
- Madness: Racist Muslim Immigrant Who Praised 9/11 Terror Attacks Is On Homeland Security Advisory Council
- New Mexico: Muslim “Refugee” Arrested In Border County In Possession Of Region’s Gas Pipeline Plans
- Texas: Muslim Man Arrested For Making Terrorist Threats, “Anyone Who Touches Me Is Going To Bleed”
- Lying Wonders: Muslim Man Finds “Allah” Written Inside Watermelon In Arabic
- France: Muslim Man Hears Voices, Stabs Teenage Girl For Allah As “Ramadan Sacrifice”
- Terror In Texas: Muslim Gunman Shot Dead After Taking Hostages At Walmart
- David Wood: Western Politicians And Media Continue To Praise Islam, Even As It Bathes In Seas Of Blood
- After Florida Massacre And Fearing Difficult Questions, Pro-Terror CAIR Throws Out Reporter Before Press Conference
- Muslim Preacher Visiting Orlando Mosque: Homosexuals Should Be Killed, “Let’s Get Rid Of Them”
- Florida Terror: Muslim Gunman Slaughers At Least 50 For Allah At Orlando Gay Bar
- Muslims In Oklahoma, California, Illinois, Georgia, Texas Develop Sudden Urge To Attack, Threaten Non-Muslims
- The Truth About Ramadan
- NYPD Investigating First Palestinian Muslim Captain For Cheating On Exam
- Oh, Canada: Muslim “Customer” Bullies Cafe Owner To Remove Israeli Flag, Cafe Owner Complies
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 2,284,243 Visitors Since March 2011