Sri Lanka: Unexplained ‘Red Rain’ Falling From The Sky Prompts Investigation
By Ridma Dissanayake, Daily News – “Rare showers of red rain fell for over 15 minutes in Sewanagala, Monaragala and Manampitiya,Polonnaruwa yesterday morning hours of yesterday and day before yesterday. According to Meteorology Department sources red rain fell heavily in these areas and the reason has not been found yet.
Red rain in Sewanagala and Manampitiya left red frost on the ground. This is the first time red rain was witnessed in Sri Lanka. The Health Ministry Secretary informed Medical Research Institute (MRI) Director Dr Anil Samaranayake to conduct a study to ascertain the reasons for red rain by taking water samples from Monaragala and Polonnaruwa.
Increase in the acidity of the air and sand storms are the usual reasons for red rain. However, there are no sand storms in Sri Lanka. India had red rain last year and Indian scientists discovered a variety of micro organisms as a reason for the rains. Since the micro organisms had no DNA, they guessed it had to be a strange phenomenon.
The MRI is carrying out research to find the exact reason for red rain in Sri Lanka.” Source – Daily News.
- Islamic State Burns Chained Iraqi Shiite Fighters Alive midnightwatcher.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/isl… http://t.co/DfKontB1EU 13 hours ago
- Merkel 'Disappointed' by Iran's Attitude Towards Israel 09/01/2015German Chancellor says that it not acceptable for Iran to continue to call for Israel's destruction.
- Egypt Cracking Down on Gaza Tunnels by Filling Area with Water 09/01/2015Egyptian military building fish farm along the Gaza border in order to shut down remaining smuggling tunnels.
- UN: Satellite Images Confirm Destruction of Palmyra Temple 09/01/2015UN says satellite images confirm that ISIS has destroyed yet another temple in Syrian ancient city.
- Taliban Admits Publicly to Covering Up Leader's Death 08/31/2015Mullah Mohammed Omar has been dead since 2013, but the group kept a facade to attract more terrorists in the face of NATO forces.
- Tripoli Offices of Egyptian Natural Gas Developer Bombed 08/31/2015Will Islamist radicals attempt to derail development of a huge gas field off Egypt's shores?
- Egypt 'Goes Medieval' With Moat Around Gaza 08/31/2015Egypt on Monday embarked on the second stage of its plan to protect itself from Hamas – construction of a medieval-style moat around Gaza.
- Pakistani Muslims to Refugees: Convert, or Become Slaves 08/31/2015Muslim charities tell homeless Christians in Pakistan that they must convert to receive aid, or else become bonded servants.
- Barack Obama’s Unholy Alliance: A Romance With IslamismDaniel Greenfield's new pamphlet reveals how Obama's soft spot for Islam has disastrously undermined America's security.
- The Conservative Movement’s Lion in Winter: David Horowitz’s New MemoirHorowitz's new meditation on life, death and personal redemption reveals he's stronger than ever.
- The Communist Family Tree of Valerie JarrettA disturbing reminder of who our President chose to serve as his co-president -- and why.
- Gina McCarthy and Obama’s TotalitariansShades of insane asylums for Soviet dissidents.
- The Iranian-American Nuclear ProjectObama's desire for a viable Iranian nuclear weapons program is now crystal clear.
- Michael Oren’s Surprising New BookThe former Israeli Ambassador unleashes on Obama.
- South Africa: The Next Potential Terror Hotspot?A growing operational base for jihadists.
- Exterminating Christians in the Middle EastICC Note: Across the Middle East, Christians are at risk of being exterminated. There is a genocide taking place, leaders like Pope Francis and others have told the world. Yet, there is a lack of clear direction in what can be done to rescue and preserve these communities. The needs are massive for both humanitarian aid and military support to bring security […]
- 5 Middle East Churches That Could Cease to Exist If Islamic State Influence Continues to SpreadICC Note: As ISIS attempts to harden its control of land in Syria and Iraq it also continues to expand, putting at risk the fate of entire church communities that have called these lands home for nearly 2,000 years. 08/23/2015 Middle East (Christian Post) A member loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant waves an ISIL flag in Raqqa June 29, 2014. Th […]
- Mobilizing the ChristiansICC Note: As the world fights poverty and global warming Christians face existential threat in the Middle East. There has been little mobilization on behalf of Christians facing immense persecution in the birthplace of Christianity itself. Christians in the Middle East now number at only 4 percent of the population. It is perhaps the responsibility of Christ […]
- Is This the End of Christianity in the Middle East?ICC Note: As ISIS continues to displace thousands, the Middle East is quickly losing its Christian population. The individual stories of dislocation and capture are riveting, and the large scale reality is that Christians are disappearing from their ancient homelands. ISIS isn’t the first group to try and cleanse the Middle East of Christians but it is threa […]
- Priest Finds Frustrations Build Among Christians In Iraq CampICC Note: There is a growing sense of moral corruption among Christian internally displaced in Iraq, especially among the younger generation. Many have been living in camps for a year or more. The Islamic State overran Qaraqosh last August forcing Fr. Bashar Kthea to run east to Kurdish-controlled territory. The priest now ministers to more than 1,700 Syriac […]
- As ISIS Corners Christians in the Middle East, Pope Francis Needs to Change His PrioritiesICC Note: Pope Francis has gained much influence in his time at the Vatican, so why is there not a greater outcry from the leader of the church to rescue the quickly disappearing Christians of the Middle East. With Aleppo, Syria surrounded by ISIS on three sides, 70,000 more Christians face imminent death and abduction. Pope Francis should be using his posit […]
- Christians Grow Weary Over Rising Threat Of Kidnapping In Syria, IraqICC Note: The Arab Christian world is growing more and more weary of the kidnapping of their clergymen and civilians in the Middle East, specifically Syria and Iraq. Pope Francis has referred to the terror as a form of genocide and a “third world war” in the Arab world today. He has likewise desperately called for the kidnappings and killings to end. Christi […]
- The Watchman Show: Building Bridges Between Christians and Jews 08/26/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we interview Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, founder of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. He'll discuss the new authorized biography on his life and work, The Bridge Builder. Plus, we'll recap the annual CUFI Washington Summit.Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: Iran Deal and the Coming War 08/11/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we examine the disastrous nuclear deal the Obama administration has struck with Iran. We'll look at how the accord threatens the United States, Israel and our Arab allies. Watch below:Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: Let the Lion Roar 07/30/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we sit down with filmmaker Derek Frank. He'll discuss his latest work, "Let the Lion Roar," a powerful argument for why the Church should stand with Israel and the Jewish people.Erick Stakelbeck
- M 4.0 - 1km N of Piedmont, CaliforniaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VTime2015-08-17 13:49:17 UTC2015-08-17 06:49:17 -07:00 at epicenterLocation37.837°N 122.232°WDepth4.82 km (3.00 mi)
- M 6.6 - 214km W of Lata, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV Time2015-08-15 07:47:06 UTC2015-08-15 18:47:06 +11:00 at epicenterLocation10.905°S 163.877°EDepth6.35 km (3.95 mi)
- M 6.4 - 180km SE of Gizo, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V Time2015-08-12 18:49:23 UTC2015-08-13 05:49:23 +11:00 at epicenterLocation9.320°S 157.934°EDepth5.00 km (3.11 mi)
- M 6.6 - 179km SW of Dadali, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - III Time2015-08-10 04:12:14 UTC2015-08-10 15:12:14 +11:00 at epicenterLocation9.346°S 158.056°EDepth15.00 km (9.32 mi)
- Islamic State Burns Chained Iraqi Shiite Fighters Alive
- Murmurs Of War: ISIS Militants Moving In On The Heart Of Damascus
- Muslims In Virginia, West Virginia, Arizona, Minnesota, California Develop Sudden Urge To Strike Terror In Hearts Of Allah’s Enemies
- French President Warns Nation To Prepare For More Jihad Violence As Intelligence Officials Fear Islamist 9/11 Style Attack
- Report: Group Of Muslims Brutally Kill Christian Man In Portland ME, Blood-Splattered Bible Found Near Body
- Muslim Cleric Issuing Fatwa Permitting The Use Of WMD Pledges Allegiance To The Islamic State
- Expert: There Are Now So Many Potential Islamic Terrorists In Europe That It’s Impossible To Track Them All
- France: Gun-Carrying Muslim On Amsterdam-Paris Train Develops Sudden Urge To Open Fire On Passengers
- Iranian Official: We “Reject The Existence Of Any Israeli On This Earth” And Will Support Terror Against Them
- The Truth About Mohammed (And It Ain’t Pretty)
- ISIS Beheads 82-Year-Old World-Renowned Archaeologist, “The Continued Presence Of These Criminals … Is A Curse”
- Cup Of Trembling: New Iranian Video Vows A Massive Muslim Invasion Of Jerusalem, “Israel Must Be Obliterated”
- Report: Hamas Agrees To Multi-Year “Cease-Fire” With Israel
- “She’s My Property”: Muslim Husband “Very Strong In The Islamic Religion” Beats Wife In Front Of Cops In Canada
- President Of Iran Warns Of Plots To Portray Islam As A Religion Of Violence
- Report: Christians Are Being Used As A “Form Of Currency” By ISIS As Mass Kidnappings Continue
- Kenya: Muslim Cleric Converts To Christianity After Dream, “I Saw Jesus Very Clearly Telling Me To Follow Him”
- ISIS Group Issues Chilling Warning To America, “Soon, Very Soon You Will See”
- Report: ISIS Organizing Small Armies Inside America, “We Are Facing A Full-Blown Islamic Insurgency Inside Our Borders”
- ISIS Fighter Raping Little Girl Tells Her That Rape Is An Act Of Worship That Draws Muslim Men Closer To “Allah”
- Lying Wonders: ISIS “Astronomer” Urges NASA To Rename Pluto To “The Moon Of Mohammed” After Finding Arabic Message On Its Surface
- ISIS Fighters Call Upon Indonesian Muslims To Kill As Many Christians As Possible Using Any Means Necessary … And To Film The Whole Thing
- Muslims In Mississippi, California, Minnesota, Virginia, New Jersey Develop Sudden Urge To Support Islamic Terror, Murder
- Iranian Ayatollah Calls Upon World’s Muslims To Unite And “Expel” All Jews From Israel
- Methodical Murder: New ISIS Video Shows “Apostates” Forced To Kneel Over Buried Bombs And Blown To Bits
- ISIS Seizes Christian Town, Kidnaps At Least 60 Christians
- Barack Obama “Modifies” U.S. Oath Of Allegiance To Better Conform With Islamic Law
- Senior Iranian Official: The “Outbreak Of World War III” Is Coming In The Near Future
- Democrat Pres Obama Compares Iranian “Kill-All-Jews-Worldwide” Hardliners To … Republicans
- Florida: “Nation Of Islam” Leader Given Podium In Christian Church Calls Upon 10,000 Men To “Rise Up And Kill”
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,979,360 Visitors Since March 2011