Colorado: First Anthrax Outbreak In 31 Years Kills Dozens Of Cows On Logan County Ranch
Last week, 60 cows died on a Logan County ranch, where anthrax was positively identified in one animal. Officials say it’s likely they all died of the disease.
The Colorado Department of Agriculture said Wednesday the additional cows were on two separate adjacent ranches. Both died from the disease.
State Veterinarian Keith Roehr said all three ranches involved share fences and the new cases likely are the result of cows grazing in an area with soil containing anthrax spores.
Neighboring herds have been vaccinated. No cows left the affected ranches so none entered the food supply and no human infection has been reported, Roehr said.
Anthrax kills livestock within hours of infection and can decimate herds if animals are not quickly treated, he said.
Anthrax is caused by a bacterium that forms in spores and can lie dormant in soil for decades until ingested. Humans get anthrax most commonly through direct contact with infected animals usually when spores get into a cut or abrasion on the skin. Without treatment it can be fatal, but early treatment with antibiotics is very effective.” Read more.
- ISIS Rapes And Kills Women After Abducting 150 Christians, “I See Blood Everywhere” wp.me/p1qlPa-7c1 1 month ago
- Zarif Urges West to 'Seize the Moment' and Reach an Agreement 04/02/2015Iran's foreign minister urges Western powers to drop their "excessive demands" of his country.
- Al-Qaeda-Backed Rebels Seize Syria-Jordan Border Crossing 04/02/2015Rebels backed by the Al-Nusra Front take the last border crossing with Jordan that had been under the control of the Damascus regime.
- Turkey Arrests Nine British Nationals Trying to Enter Syria 04/02/2015Turkey arrests nine British nationals who tried to illegally cross the border into Syria, possibly to join jihadists.
- Iraq: Militiamen Loot Tikrit After its Recapture from ISIS 04/02/2015Pro-government militiamen seen looting shops in the center of Tikrit, a day after it was recaptures from ISIS.
- Iran Talks Extended Yet Again 04/01/2015Western powers extend talks in Switzerland for a second day beyond March 31 deadline.
- 3 Arrested for Returning Syrian Army Defectors to Assad's Regime 04/01/2015Three Lebanese men abducted Syrian refugees and threw them back into the war zone, authorities say.
- State of the Unity: PA-Hamas, One Year Later 04/01/2015On April 1, 2014, the PA broke the Oslo Accords by applying to UN agencies. In one year, nothing - and everything - has changed.
- The Cyber Attack on FrontpageThe enemies of freedom are afraid of us — and they should be.
- Hillary to Testify?The legal case against the former secretary of state continues to build.
- Christian Missionaries Created the Muslim Brotherhood?Raymond Ibrahim deconstructs a curious new theory on the origins of the Islamist organization.
- When Israel’s Prime Minister Told Joe Biden: I Am Not A Jew With Trembling KneesLessons from a showdown between Menachem Begin and the Vice President.
- Obama’s Surrender to Iran PostponedNegotiations with the Islamic Republic will extend until June -- as Congress prepares to act.
- Heather Higgins: How We Can Repeal ObamaCareHealth care law expert lays out the path to success at the West Coast Retreat.
- The Obama Administration’s Slavery DisgraceWhy the White House ignores Islamic slavery in Mauritania.
- ‘No more Christians in Mideast within 2 years’ICC Note: As attacks on Christians continue to mount and armed Islamic extremists groups gain more territory, Christian leaders are fearful that the entire community will soon be gone from the region that is the homeland of Christianity. Lebanese parliamentarian Samy Gemayel called for the international community to do something or else he fears Christians w […]
- The New Exodus: Christians Flee ISIS in the Middle EastICC Note: As Islamic extremism grabs even more territory, Christians across the Middle East continually find themselves in the target of the region’s extremists. The birthplace of Christianity – lands that have been home to Christians for nearly 2,000 years – is almost empty. Entire villages have been levelled. Not a Christian remains. The church bells are s […]
- Supporting The Rights Of Christians And Other In Middle EastICC Note: The incredible persecution of Christians around the world has captured the attention of religious and political leaders around the world. Ahead of a UN Security Council meeting next week, and a UN Human Rights Council meeting the Vatican and other groups have presented recommendations for what the international community can do to ensure the protec […]
- The Plight of Christians in the Middle EastICC Note: A new report highlights the incredible challenges that Christian communities in the Middle East face. There are a number of factors across the region that have led both to a significant decline in the population of Christians and to the physical attacks that so many Christians face. There are major challenges, but also clear steps that the United S […]
- Why Did ISIS Release 19 Christian Hostages?ICC Note: Following an attack on Assyrian Christians ISIS militants abducted as many as 300 Christians in Syria. At least 19 of them have now been released, but the reason behind it is unclear. ISIS is attempting to establish an Islamic State and is enacting religious law that imposes strict restrictions on Christians and threatens death to those who fail to […]
- The Twilight Of Middle Eastern ChristianityICC Note: As ISIS attempts to tighten its stranglehold on Syria and Iraq it is destroying centuries old cultures. Not content to simply enslave the people, they are also destroying libraries, museums, churches, and more. Hundreds of Christians have also been kidnapped, villages emptied, and many doubting they can ever return. 02/28/2015 Middle East (Al-Arabi […]
- ISIS Onslaught Engulfs Assyrian Christians as Militants Destroy Ancient ArtICC Note: The news seems to be from the days of ancient conquests, when Islam swept through the Middle East in the 7th-8th centuries, but the reality is that it is from the present. Militants from ISIS or the Islamic State have captured over 200 Christians, including dozens of women. They at the same time have been destroying centuries old artifacts. The rai […]
- The Watchman Show: Iran on the March 04/01/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we analyze the fall of Yemen and the continued march of Iran across the Middle East. We also get on the ground in Great Britain to examine the rise of the BDS Movement against Israel. Watch below:Erick Stakelbeck
- Discussing 'ISIS Exposed' on the 700 Club 03/24/2015I recently discussed my latest book, ISIS Exposed: Beheadings, Slavery and the Hellish Reality of Radical Islam on The 700 Club with Pat Robertson. Click on the viewer below to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: ISIS Exposed 03/12/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we share details from my new book, ISIS Exposed: Beheadings, Slavery and the Hellish Reality of Radical Islam. We show how ISIS is not just an imminent threat to the Middle East, but to the United States as well.Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.5 - 99km ENE of Hihifo, TongaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - II Time2015-03-30 08:48:26 UTC2015-03-29 20:48:26 -12:00 at epicenterLocation15.515°S 172.940°WDepth15.50 km (9.63 mi)
- M 6.4 - 109km NE of Hihifo, TongaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - IV Time2015-03-30 08:18:00 UTC2015-03-29 20:18:00 -12:00 at epicenterLocation15.388°S 172.904°WDepth11.50 km (7.15 mi)
- M 7.5 - 56km SE of Kokopo, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIII Time2015-03-29 23:48:31 UTC2015-03-30 09:48:31 +10:00 at epicenterLocation4.763°S 152.561°EDepth41.00 km (25.48 mi)
- M 6.4 - 48km ESE of Putre, ChilePAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VTime2015-03-23 04:51:37 UTC2015-03-23 01:51:37 -03:00 at epicenterLocation18.384°S 69.146°WDepth120.94 km (75.15 mi)
- M 6.2 - 82km NNW of Talcahuano, ChilePAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VTime2015-03-18 18:27:28 UTC2015-03-18 13:27:28 -05:00 at epicenterLocation36.097°S 73.626°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- ISIS Rapes And Kills Women After Abducting 150 Christians, “I See Blood Everywhere”
- Biggest Solar Eclipse Since 1999 To Disrupt Power Supplies, Block Out Up To 95% Of Sunlight In Parts Of Europe
- Egypt: Muslim Children Idolize ISIS, Pretend To Behead Christians On Video
- Report: Islamic State Abducts At Least 90 Christians In Northeastern Syria
- ISIS Vows To Conquer Rome And “Throw Homosexuals” Off The Leaning Tower Of … Pizza
- Israel: Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat Wrestles “Palestinian” Jihadist Attacker In Street
- Again: ISIS Burns Another 50 People Alive In Western Iraq
- Muslim Terrorists Threatens Mass Murder In Canadian, US, UK Shopping Malls
- Norway Hoax: Media Fabricates 20 Muslims Holding Hands Into A 1,000-Strong “Ring Of Peace” Around Oslo Synagogue
- Is Allah The Worst Communicator Ever?
- Report: Italy Preps For 9/11-Style Suicide Attack, Jihadists Have 11 Jetliners
- ISIS Branch In Libya Declares War Against Music, Burns All Instruments
- Brother Of Two Christians Beheaded By ISIS In Libya Calls TV Program Live On Air, And This Is What He Said
- WHAT? Barack Obama Says Muslim Terrorists Have “Legitimate Grievances”
- Female ISIS Captives Forced To Endure “Brutal And Abnormal” Sex
- Michigan: Muslim Man In Detroit Asks People If They’re Muslim, Stabs Those Who Say No
- ISIS Burns 45 People Alive In Western Iraq, Photo Released Also Showing Caged Children With Torch In Foreground
- Another Saudi Cleric Rejects Fact That Earth Revolves Around The Sun
- The True History Of Christendom And Islam
- Florida: Vandals Set Fire To Melbourne Church, Write “Allahu Akbar” Nearby
- UK: Muslim Man From Liverpool Charged With Attempting To Obtain A Chemical Weapon
- Joel Richardson: Responding To The Beheading Of 21 Christians In Libya
- Rev. Graham On Christian Beheadings: These Acts Of Terror Will Spread Throughout Europe And The US, “The Storm Is Coming”
- Islamic State Releases Video Showing Beheadings Of 21 Christians, Kidnaps Nearly Two Dozen More
- Why Do Non-Muslims Convert To Islam?
- Report: 200,000 Christians “At Risk Of Slaughter” As Islamists Prepare Massive Assault In Nigeria
- Denmark: One Shot Dead After Gunman Attacks Copenhagen Synagogue
- New York Times: The Islamic State Is Sprouting Limbs Beyond Its Base
- Denmark: One Dead After Muslim Gunman Sprays Hail Of Bullets At Free-Speech Event
- ISIS Defends Burning Jordanian Pilot Alive, Says “Prophet” Mohammed Would Have Done Same Thing
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
|xtravagantwon on Ireland: Man Showing ‘A…|
|Angela Enriquis on Ireland: Man Showing ‘A…|
|Lilitha Vain on Germany: Islam Critic Fined 12…|
|Lilitha Vain on Germany: Islam Critic Fined 12…|
|Lilitha Vain on Germany: Islam Critic Fined 12…|
|Karen on The 144,000 and the Great Mult…|
|Reader Mail: The Bos… on Boston Bomber: Muslims Are Ris…|
|artiewhitefox on Somalia: Islamist Group Vows T…|
|Anonymous on Iran’s Supreme Leader: F…|
|Ari on Canada: Muslim Cleric Wants To…|
|Mercury Thermomiter on Al-Qaeda Tells All Muslims To…|
|yeshuaismylove on ISIS Rapes And Kills Women Aft…|
|Georganna krivonak on Second Wave of Mystery Pelican…|
|android on UK: ‘Alarming Number…|
|John on Muslim Lecturer In Australia:…|
- 1,887,803 Visitors Since March 2011