North Carolina: Charlotte Investigating Scores Of Baffling Fish Deaths In Briar Creek, Water Quality Tests Normal
The city discovered the dead fish in Briar Creek near Chantilly Park on Monday after several people reported it to the city’s Storm Water Services Department.
‘All of our water quality tests are normal,’ said Jennifer Frost with Storm Water Services. ‘The heavy amount of rainfall we’ve seen this week has helped clean out whatever was there.’
Frost said there are no water advisories in effect for the creek or its surrounding tributaries.
Frost said the city typically sees large amounts of dead fish when oxygen levels in the water become too low. This can occur naturally or from a chemical introduced into the water, Frost said.
The nearly 3 inches of rain that has fallen in the area since Monday has caused oxygen levels in the water to increase, making it difficult to trace what the cause of the kill was.
‘Our crews found no odor or discoloration in the water,’ Frost said.
Frost said there are no water advisories in effect for the creek or its surrounding tributaries.
The creek runs just of the park under Monroe Road and E. Independence Boulevard.” Source – WBTV.com.
- Day Of Terror: Islamist Attacks Around The World Follow ISIS' Ramadan Call For Death And… midnightwatcher.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/day… http://t.co/6Nrp3EOBUz 4 days ago
- Iran Blocked Holocaust Education Website Throughout 2014 07/01/2015US State Depatment's annual report on human rights finds Holocaust denial a continuing problem in the Islamic Republic.
- ISIS Threatens Hamas, Fatah and 'State of the Jews' in Video 07/01/2015ISIS insurgents threatens to uproot Israel, but also says it will topple Hamas for being “insufficiently stringent”.
- UN Envoy to Brief Security Council on Syria War 07/01/2015Staffan de Mistura to address the Security Council next week to make recommendations for ending the war in Syria.
- Rouhani: We'll Resume Nuclear Work if West Not Committed to Deal 07/01/2015Iran's President threatens that his country would resume its halted nuclear work if world powers go back on a proposed final deal.
- Nervous of ISIS Invasion, Jordan Planning Buffer Zone in Syria 06/30/2015As ISIS advances towards its borders, vowing to invade, Jordan reportedly planning for Syria ground op - but Obama admin afraid to commit.
- PA Ignores ISIS Threat to Rid Jerusalem of Christians 06/30/2015PLO govt. calls for 'Palestinian unity,' failing to note ISIS called for genocide against Christian Arabs in capital city during Ramadan.
- Turkish Government Plays Down Talk of Syria Invasion 06/30/2015Gov't spokesperson denies Turkey's 'security measures' and high-profile military meetings as presaging invasion of Syria.
- Barack Obama’s Unholy Alliance: A Romance With IslamismDaniel Greenfield's new pamphlet reveals how Obama's soft spot for Islam has disastrously undermined America's security.
- The Conservative Movement’s Lion in Winter: David Horowitz’s New MemoirHorowitz's new meditation on life, death and personal redemption reveals he's stronger than ever.
- The Communist Family Tree of Valerie JarrettA disturbing reminder of who our President chose to serve as his co-president -- and why.
- Gina McCarthy and Obama’s TotalitariansShades of insane asylums for Soviet dissidents.
- The Iranian-American Nuclear ProjectObama's desire for a viable Iranian nuclear weapons program is now crystal clear.
- Michael Oren’s Surprising New BookThe former Israeli Ambassador unleashes on Obama.
- South Africa: The Next Potential Terror Hotspot?A growing operational base for jihadists.
- Attacks in Tunisia, Kuwait part of ISIS call for Ramadan jihadICC Note: The call from ISIS leadership for Ramadan jihad is being carried out by ISIS affiliates worldwide. Last Friday, three attacks in France, Kuwait and Tunisia coincided with the Caliph’s call for jihadi martyrdom. Ramadan lasts from June 17 to July 17. Christians in Muslim countries have long been accustomed to the heightened threat during the Islamic […]
- The Slow Death of Syrian ChristianityICC Note: The Syrian civil war has ravaged for over four years now and the West still grapples with whether to get seriously involved or not. Although a plight for geopolitics and world order, this is also a fight for individual freedoms and the survival of people groups. The Syrian Christians are not just caught in the cross fire of war but are specifically […]
- Religious Persecution Rising: Islam Threatens Religious Minorities, Especially In Middle EastICC Note: With the practice of religion comes the presence of persecution. Though this is true, the degrees to which certain groups are persecuted very often out do others. Persecution takes different forms based on government structure or sectarian divisions and population demographics. One thing is consistent through the differences, the majority of Muslim […]
- Christianity Doomed in Iraq, Say ExpertsICC Note: The unfortunate but real message conveyed by experts on Iraq is that unless something drastic is done, Christianity has no future in the ancient homeland. But then what is to happen to the thousands of Christians that lived and still live there? According to Nina Shea, director of the U.S.-based Center for Religious Freedom, relocation is the only […]
- Iraq’s Christians Need Sanctuary, and the West Should Provide ItICC Note: ISIS overtook Mosul, Iraq a year ago and Christians from the region still need help and sanctuary. Being the specific civilian target of the extremists, Christians are of top concern in Iraq. The big question is: what strategy can be implemented to protect these people? Some suggest safe havens, others suggest international military interference, a […]
- The Last Gasp of the Cradle Christians?ICC Note: The story of ISIS terror in the Middle East is consistently the same. The region where Christianity has its roots is being rid of Christianity altogether. With the choice to convert, pay a tax, be killed or flee, most Christians in occupied regions chose the latter choice. When leaving they have no time to gather their belongings and end up in refu […]
- Assyrian Christian Children Forced to Watch ISIS Beheadings: ‘What Kind of World Is This for Kids to Grow Up In?’ICC Note: Some of the Assyrian Christians who’ve escaped the horrors in Syria have begun to tell their story. They were forced to witness firsthand the atrocities that ISIS carried out, one of the refugees said. They were banned from displaying the cross, women were forced to cover. Even the children were forced to watch the beheadings. 05/20/2015 Syria (Chr […]
- The Watchman Show: Fighting Back against Christian Persecution 06/16/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we profile courageous voices who are taking a stand for the persecuted Christians of the Middle East. Watch below:Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: When a Jew Rules the World 06/03/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we're joined by Joel Richardson, New York Times bestselling author of The Islamic Antichrist. He'll discuss his new book, When a Jew Rules the World. Watch below:Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: ISIS on American Soil 05/20/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we examine the recent terror attack in Texas and how ISIS is planning to strike on American soil. Plus, we sit down with Jonathan Feldstein, of Magen David Adom emergency services, to discuss how its Heart to Heart initiative is saving lives in Israel -- and how you can help. Watch below:Erick Stakelbeck
- M 5.2 - 13km S of Volcano, HawaiiPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - IVTime2015-06-28 08:10:10 UTC2015-06-27 22:10:10 -10:00 at epicenterLocation19.335°N 155.209°WDepth8.55 km (5.31 mi)
- M 5.8 - 103km W of Willow, AlaskaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - V Time2015-06-24 22:32:20 UTC2015-06-24 14:32:20 -08:00 at epicenterLocation61.662°N 151.976°WDepth115.30 km (71.64 mi)
- M 6.3 - 248km WNW of Chichi-shima, JapanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - IIITime2015-06-23 12:18:29 UTC2015-06-23 21:18:29 +09:00 at epicenterLocation27.669°N 139.793°EDepth455.88 km (283.27 mi)
- M 6.4 - 76km NW of Talcahuano, ChilePAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - IVTime2015-06-20 02:10:06 UTC2015-06-19 21:10:06 -05:00 at epicenterLocation36.329°S 73.817°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 7.0 - Southern Mid-Atlantic RidgePAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I Time2015-06-17 12:51:33 UTC2015-06-17 11:51:33 -01:00 at epicenterLocation35.362°S 17.392°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- Day Of Terror: Islamist Attacks Around The World Follow ISIS’ Ramadan Call For Death And Destruction
- France: “Normal Muslim” Employee Beheads Boss, Impales Head On Fence Near Lyon
- California: Muslim Man Attending Mosque More Develops Sudden Urge To Kill And Be Killed For The Cause Of Allah
- Report: Islamic State Has Seized “Enough Radioactive Material To Build Their First WMD”
- USA: Muslim Man Seeking To Behead Cop In Boston Is Shot Dead By Police
- Libya: 30 More Christians Beheaded And Shot To Death For The Glory Of “Allah” By ISIS
- Syria: Mass Killing And Beheadings Reported After ISIS Takes Over Palestinian Refugee Camp In Damascus
- ISIS Destroys Hundreds Of Crates Of Food Aid As Thousands Of Refugees Face Starvation
- Philadelphia: Convert To Islam Develops Sudden Urge To Kill Infidels In “Amazing” Martyrdom Operation
- Study: Muslims To Outnumber Christians Worldwide In Just One More Generation
- Mainstream Sunni Muslim Website Announces Islamic “Messiah” To Come By 2016
- Muslims Torch At Least 68 Churches In Niger
- “If You Were A Christian You Were Shot On The Spot”: Muslim Gunmen Storm Kenya College, Hundreds Killed And Wounded
- ISIS Rapes And Kills Women After Abducting 150 Christians, “I See Blood Everywhere”
- Biggest Solar Eclipse Since 1999 To Disrupt Power Supplies, Block Out Up To 95% Of Sunlight In Parts Of Europe
- Egypt: Muslim Children Idolize ISIS, Pretend To Behead Christians On Video
- Report: Islamic State Abducts At Least 90 Christians In Northeastern Syria
- ISIS Vows To Conquer Rome And “Throw Homosexuals” Off The Leaning Tower Of … Pizza
- Israel: Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat Wrestles “Palestinian” Jihadist Attacker In Street
- Again: ISIS Burns Another 50 People Alive In Western Iraq
- Muslim Terrorists Threatens Mass Murder In Canadian, US, UK Shopping Malls
- Norway Hoax: Media Fabricates 20 Muslims Holding Hands Into A 1,000-Strong “Ring Of Peace” Around Oslo Synagogue
- Is Allah The Worst Communicator Ever?
- Report: Italy Preps For 9/11-Style Suicide Attack, Jihadists Have 11 Jetliners
- ISIS Branch In Libya Declares War Against Music, Burns All Instruments
- Brother Of Two Christians Beheaded By ISIS In Libya Calls TV Program Live On Air, And This Is What He Said
- WHAT? Barack Obama Says Muslim Terrorists Have “Legitimate Grievances”
- Female ISIS Captives Forced To Endure “Brutal And Abnormal” Sex
- Michigan: Muslim Man In Detroit Asks People If They’re Muslim, Stabs Those Who Say No
- ISIS Burns 45 People Alive In Western Iraq, Photo Released Also Showing Caged Children With Torch In Foreground
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,937,243 Visitors Since March 2011