Lying Wonders: Iran Promotes ‘Discovery’ Of The ‘Gospel Of Barnabas’, Claims It Will Cause ‘Worldwide’ Collapse of Christianity
Islam’s Messiah “al Mahdi” isn’t the only thing that remains hidden today. Yet again, the “prophets of Persia” have concealed Truth by touting the false and poorly written “Gospel of Barnabas” in an effort to promote Islam. Unsurprisingly, while Iran claims the book “predicts” the coming of the “prophet” Mohammed, it neglects to disclose the fact that, among other things, written in Aramaic on the front cover is an inscription revealing that “this book is written on the hands of the monks of the high monastery in Nineveh, in the 1,500th year of our Lord.” Spelling errors, Qur’an contradictions and historical inaccuracies aside, if predicting the coming of Islam’s prophet nearly 900 years after the fact can somehow be twisted in an effort to advance the cause of Islam, then anything can.
“Christian” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. “Jewish” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. Even “Islamic” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. But when it comes to an ideology whose foundations are grounded in lies and deception, the only facts that need apply are those that can be distorted to undermine the Truth …
By Reza Kahlili – “Iran’s Basij Press is claiming that a version of the Gospel of Barnabas, found in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion and the revelation will cause the collapse worldwide of Christianity.
Turkey confiscated a leather-bound text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation in 2000. Turkish authorities believe the text could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus’ apostles and an associate of the apostle Paul.
This version of the Barnabas Gospel was written in the 5th or 6th century and it predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam, the Basij Press claims.
The Christian world, it says, denies the existence of such a gospel.
However, religious scholars have said another version of the Barnabas Gospel, discovered a century ago, was written less than 500 years ago, which would post-date Mohammad.
In Chapter 41 of the Barnabas Gospel, Basij claims, is this statement: ‘God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’’ meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.
The Turkish army has taken possession of the Barnabas Gospel because the ‘Zionists’ and the governments of the West are trying to suppress its contents, Basij Press claims.
According to the Barnabas Gospel in Turkey’s hands, Basij Press says, Jesus was never crucified and that not only is He not the son of God, but that He himself predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad. The book even predicts the coming of the last Islamic messiah, the report says.
‘The discovery of the original Barnabas Bible will now undermine the Christian Church and its authority and will revolutionize the religion in the world,’ the Basij report says. ‘The most significant fact, though, is that this Bible has predicted the coming of Prophet Mohammad and in itself has verified the religion of Islam, and this alone will unbalance the powers of the world and create instability in the Christian world.’
The Basij report concludes that the discovery is so immense that it will affect the world’s politics and that the world powers are aware of the coming effects of this event.
Turkey plans to put the Bible on public display. Though Turkish authorities believe this could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, others believe it only goes back to the 16th century and is a fake because it would have been written centuries after Mohammad’s life.
‘The Iranian regime is committed to stamping out Christianity by any means necessary, whether that means executing Christian converts, burning Bibles or raiding underground churches,’ said Erick Stakelbeck, host of the Christian Broadcasting Network’s ‘Stakelbeck on Terror’ show and a close observer of Iranian affairs. ‘In promoting the so-called Barnabas Bible – which was likely written sometime in the 16th century and is not accepted by any mainstream Christian denomination – the regime is once again attempting to discredit the Christian faith. Record numbers of young Iranians are leaving Islam and embracing Christ, and the mullahs see Christianity as a growing threat to their authority.’
The Vatican has requested to see the scripture but it is unknown if Turkey has provided it access to the text.
Recently Iranian ayatollahs have been outspoken that Islam is the last and only righteous religion sent by God.
Grand Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani, in a recent statement, announced that since the Quran was the last holy book and provides the most complete religion to the world and Mohammad the last prophet as indicated in the Quran, there is no authority to abide by other books. The Quran clearly indicates that only those who have accepted the true religion of Islam are the guided ones, he said.
As reported recently, a former intelligence officer in the Revolutionary Guards revealed that tens of thousands of Bibles were confiscated and burned in Iran, under the order of Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said the Bible is not a holy book and its burning is morally acceptable.
As the Islamic regime in Iran continues to suppress its people with violations of human rights and challenges the world over its nuclear program, Khamenei said, ‘In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty God, the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated. Allah’s promise will be delivered, and Islam will be victorious.'” Source – WND.
Reza Kahlili is a pseudonym for a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and the author of the award-winning book, A Time to Betray. He is a senior Fellow with EMPact America, a member of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security and teaches at the U.S. Department of Defense’s Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy (JCITA).
- Libya: 30 More Christians Beheaded And Shot To Death For The Glory Of "Allah" wp.me/p1qlPa-7cx 6 days ago
- Syria: Al Qaeda, Allies, Take Key Regime Stronghold 04/25/2015Jihadists seize Jisr al-Shughur, last major city under regime control in Idlib now closer than ever to regime heartland Latakia.
- Report: IAF Struck Hezbollah Missile Convoys in Western Syria 04/25/2015Two IAF raids reported on Wednesday and Friday targeted Hezbollah arms convoys. At least one person reported killed.
- ISIS Shoots Down Regime Aircraft in Syria 04/24/2015ISIS shoots down regime aircraft near a key military airport, claims it captured the pilot.
- Iraq Doesn't Have DNA Results to Test Body of 'Saddam Deputy' 04/24/2015Iraq's health ministry does not have DNA results from a close relative of Izzat al-Duri that could determine whether he was killed.
- Assad's Former Political Spy Chief Dies 04/24/2015Syria's former political intelligence chief dies after being fired for a quarrel with another regime official in which he was beaten up.
- 'Buy Syrian' Fair in Damascus Highlights War Damage 04/24/2015Struggling entrepreneurs take part in fair to emphasize 'made in Syria' products, as the tolls of civil war are sharply felt.
- Hamas Wins Election at University in Fatah Stronghold 04/24/2015Hamas student list takes large-margin win at Birzeit University near PA-center of Ramallah, in best estimate short of unity elections.
- Islamo-Fascism and the War Against the Jews: Volume IV of the Black Book of the American LeftThe Islamic Jihad is already here.
- Jew Hatred on CampusDavid Horowitz and an esteemed panel speak on fighting the cancer infesting our universities at the West Coast Retreat.
- The Clinton Cash-for-Favors ProgramWill a new book shred what’s left of Hillary’s reputation?
- Holder’s Corrupt Legacy Lives On in Loretta LynchThe lawless Attorney General's perfect successor.
- The New Israeli Government’s Greatest TasksThe two principles the Netanyahu governing coalition must follow.
- Nemesis as Moral Kingdom: The Armenian GenocideA reflection on the scandal of evil and the search for a universal moral conscience.
- Sony, PBS, and Affleck Conspire to Bury His Slavery ConnectionA leftist uncovers the sins of his fathers.
- Faith Turns Christians into Terrorist TargetsICC Note: Increasingly around the world the identity and beliefs of Christians has turned them into targets for terrorists. From West Africa to Syria, Iraq, and Pakistan, Christians are under threat and the world must take steps to end violence on the basis of religious identity. 04/24/2015 Middle East (CNN) Several of the world's worst terrorist groups […]
- 100 Years: Remembrance, Rejection, and Steps of Reconciliation for Genocide of ChristiansBy Todd Daniels 04/24/2015 Washington, D.C. (International Christian Concern) – Today marks 100 years since what is generally recognized as the beginning of the Armenian Genocide. On April 24, 1915, approximately 250 Armenian intellectuals and leaders in Istanbul were arrested and subsequently executed. At the same time, in the eastern city of Van, fighting […]
- Protect Religious Liberty: Christians and Other Minority Faiths Face Violent Attacks in Middle East and BeyondICC Note: Based on recent studies by experts tracking religious persecution, the reality is that persecution is increasing globally. Not only has it become more intense in many places that have historically been troublesome, places where religious persecution has largely been absent have seen a resurgence. There is an urgent need for the world to respond to […]
- ‘No more Christians in Mideast within 2 years’ICC Note: As attacks on Christians continue to mount and armed Islamic extremists groups gain more territory, Christian leaders are fearful that the entire community will soon be gone from the region that is the homeland of Christianity. Lebanese parliamentarian Samy Gemayel called for the international community to do something or else he fears Christians w […]
- The New Exodus: Christians Flee ISIS in the Middle EastICC Note: As Islamic extremism grabs even more territory, Christians across the Middle East continually find themselves in the target of the region’s extremists. The birthplace of Christianity – lands that have been home to Christians for nearly 2,000 years – is almost empty. Entire villages have been levelled. Not a Christian remains. The church bells are s […]
- Supporting The Rights Of Christians And Other In Middle EastICC Note: The incredible persecution of Christians around the world has captured the attention of religious and political leaders around the world. Ahead of a UN Security Council meeting next week, and a UN Human Rights Council meeting the Vatican and other groups have presented recommendations for what the international community can do to ensure the protec […]
- The Plight of Christians in the Middle EastICC Note: A new report highlights the incredible challenges that Christian communities in the Middle East face. There are a number of factors across the region that have led both to a significant decline in the population of Christians and to the physical attacks that so many Christians face. There are major challenges, but also clear steps that the United S […]
- The Watchman Show: Iran, ISIS and What Can Be Done 04/21/2015On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with national security expert and former Pentagon spokesman J.D. Gordon. He'll discuss the threats posed by Iran and ISIS and how America should counter them.Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: Jihad Against the 'Sunday People' 04/15/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we examine ISIS's attempts to eliminate Christians from the Middle East. Plus, we go on the ground in France to analyze the brewing culture clash with French Muslims in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo massacre. Watch below:Erick Stakelbeck
- Stakelbeck Talking ISIS on C-Span 2's Book TV 04/10/2015I recently gave a presentation about my latest book, ISIS Exposed, that has aired on C-Span 2’s Book TV several times over the last few weeks. I’ve received a lot of great feedback about the presentation, which was sponsored by my good friends at the Endowment for Middle East Truth (EMET). I’ve also received some hate mail from angry leftists (is there any o […]Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.7 - 17km S of Kodari, NepalShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VTime2015-04-26 07:09:08 UTC2015-04-26 12:54:08 +05:45 at epicenterLocation27.795°N 85.974°EDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 6.6 - 49km E of Lamjung, NepalPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VTime2015-04-25 06:45:21 UTC2015-04-25 12:30:21 +05:45 at epicenterLocation28.193°N 84.865°EDepth14.62 km (9.08 mi)
- M 7.8 - 34km ESE of Lamjung, NepalPAGER - RED ShakeMap - IX DYFI? - IXTime2015-04-25 06:11:26 UTC2015-04-25 11:56:26 +05:45 at epicenterLocation28.147°N 84.708°EDepth15.00 km (9.32 mi)
- M 6.2 - 182km WSW of Bella Bella, CanadaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - V Time2015-04-24 13:56:16 UTC2015-04-24 04:56:16 -09:00 at epicenterLocation51.769°N 130.695°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 6.3 - 158km SSE of Lata, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VTime2015-04-22 22:57:15 UTC2015-04-23 09:57:15 +11:00 at epicenterLocation12.025°S 166.424°EDepth72.00 km (44.74 mi)
- Libya: 30 More Christians Beheaded And Shot To Death For The Glory Of “Allah” By ISIS
- Syria: Mass Killing And Beheadings Reported After ISIS Takes Over Palestinian Refugee Camp In Damascus
- ISIS Destroys Hundreds Of Crates Of Food Aid As Thousands Of Refugees Face Starvation
- Philadelphia: Convert To Islam Develops Sudden Urge To Kill Infidels In “Amazing” Martyrdom Operation
- Study: Muslims To Outnumber Christians Worldwide In Just One More Generation
- Mainstream Sunni Muslim Website Announces Islamic “Messiah” To Come By 2016
- Muslims Torch At Least 68 Churches In Niger
- “If You Were A Christian You Were Shot On The Spot”: Muslim Gunmen Storm Kenya College, Hundreds Killed And Wounded
- ISIS Rapes And Kills Women After Abducting 150 Christians, “I See Blood Everywhere”
- Biggest Solar Eclipse Since 1999 To Disrupt Power Supplies, Block Out Up To 95% Of Sunlight In Parts Of Europe
- Egypt: Muslim Children Idolize ISIS, Pretend To Behead Christians On Video
- Report: Islamic State Abducts At Least 90 Christians In Northeastern Syria
- ISIS Vows To Conquer Rome And “Throw Homosexuals” Off The Leaning Tower Of … Pizza
- Israel: Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat Wrestles “Palestinian” Jihadist Attacker In Street
- Again: ISIS Burns Another 50 People Alive In Western Iraq
- Muslim Terrorists Threatens Mass Murder In Canadian, US, UK Shopping Malls
- Norway Hoax: Media Fabricates 20 Muslims Holding Hands Into A 1,000-Strong “Ring Of Peace” Around Oslo Synagogue
- Is Allah The Worst Communicator Ever?
- Report: Italy Preps For 9/11-Style Suicide Attack, Jihadists Have 11 Jetliners
- ISIS Branch In Libya Declares War Against Music, Burns All Instruments
- Brother Of Two Christians Beheaded By ISIS In Libya Calls TV Program Live On Air, And This Is What He Said
- WHAT? Barack Obama Says Muslim Terrorists Have “Legitimate Grievances”
- Female ISIS Captives Forced To Endure “Brutal And Abnormal” Sex
- Michigan: Muslim Man In Detroit Asks People If They’re Muslim, Stabs Those Who Say No
- ISIS Burns 45 People Alive In Western Iraq, Photo Released Also Showing Caged Children With Torch In Foreground
- Another Saudi Cleric Rejects Fact That Earth Revolves Around The Sun
- The True History Of Christendom And Islam
- Florida: Vandals Set Fire To Melbourne Church, Write “Allahu Akbar” Nearby
- UK: Muslim Man From Liverpool Charged With Attempting To Obtain A Chemical Weapon
- Joel Richardson: Responding To The Beheading Of 21 Christians In Libya
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,904,807 Visitors Since March 2011