Lying Wonders: Iran Promotes ‘Discovery’ Of The ‘Gospel Of Barnabas’, Claims It Will Cause ‘Worldwide’ Collapse of Christianity
Islam’s Messiah “al Mahdi” isn’t the only thing that remains hidden today. Yet again, the “prophets of Persia” have concealed Truth by touting the false and poorly written “Gospel of Barnabas” in an effort to promote Islam. Unsurprisingly, while Iran claims the book “predicts” the coming of the “prophet” Mohammed, it neglects to disclose the fact that, among other things, written in Aramaic on the front cover is an inscription revealing that “this book is written on the hands of the monks of the high monastery in Nineveh, in the 1,500th year of our Lord.” Spelling errors, Qur’an contradictions and historical inaccuracies aside, if predicting the coming of Islam’s prophet nearly 900 years after the fact can somehow be twisted in an effort to advance the cause of Islam, then anything can.
“Christian” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. “Jewish” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. Even “Islamic” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. But when it comes to an ideology whose foundations are grounded in lies and deception, the only facts that need apply are those that can be distorted to undermine the Truth …
By Reza Kahlili – “Iran’s Basij Press is claiming that a version of the Gospel of Barnabas, found in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion and the revelation will cause the collapse worldwide of Christianity.
Turkey confiscated a leather-bound text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation in 2000. Turkish authorities believe the text could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus’ apostles and an associate of the apostle Paul.
This version of the Barnabas Gospel was written in the 5th or 6th century and it predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam, the Basij Press claims.
The Christian world, it says, denies the existence of such a gospel.
However, religious scholars have said another version of the Barnabas Gospel, discovered a century ago, was written less than 500 years ago, which would post-date Mohammad.
In Chapter 41 of the Barnabas Gospel, Basij claims, is this statement: ‘God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’’ meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.
The Turkish army has taken possession of the Barnabas Gospel because the ‘Zionists’ and the governments of the West are trying to suppress its contents, Basij Press claims.
According to the Barnabas Gospel in Turkey’s hands, Basij Press says, Jesus was never crucified and that not only is He not the son of God, but that He himself predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad. The book even predicts the coming of the last Islamic messiah, the report says.
‘The discovery of the original Barnabas Bible will now undermine the Christian Church and its authority and will revolutionize the religion in the world,’ the Basij report says. ‘The most significant fact, though, is that this Bible has predicted the coming of Prophet Mohammad and in itself has verified the religion of Islam, and this alone will unbalance the powers of the world and create instability in the Christian world.’
The Basij report concludes that the discovery is so immense that it will affect the world’s politics and that the world powers are aware of the coming effects of this event.
Turkey plans to put the Bible on public display. Though Turkish authorities believe this could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, others believe it only goes back to the 16th century and is a fake because it would have been written centuries after Mohammad’s life.
‘The Iranian regime is committed to stamping out Christianity by any means necessary, whether that means executing Christian converts, burning Bibles or raiding underground churches,’ said Erick Stakelbeck, host of the Christian Broadcasting Network’s ‘Stakelbeck on Terror’ show and a close observer of Iranian affairs. ‘In promoting the so-called Barnabas Bible – which was likely written sometime in the 16th century and is not accepted by any mainstream Christian denomination – the regime is once again attempting to discredit the Christian faith. Record numbers of young Iranians are leaving Islam and embracing Christ, and the mullahs see Christianity as a growing threat to their authority.’
The Vatican has requested to see the scripture but it is unknown if Turkey has provided it access to the text.
Recently Iranian ayatollahs have been outspoken that Islam is the last and only righteous religion sent by God.
Grand Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani, in a recent statement, announced that since the Quran was the last holy book and provides the most complete religion to the world and Mohammad the last prophet as indicated in the Quran, there is no authority to abide by other books. The Quran clearly indicates that only those who have accepted the true religion of Islam are the guided ones, he said.
As reported recently, a former intelligence officer in the Revolutionary Guards revealed that tens of thousands of Bibles were confiscated and burned in Iran, under the order of Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said the Bible is not a holy book and its burning is morally acceptable.
As the Islamic regime in Iran continues to suppress its people with violations of human rights and challenges the world over its nuclear program, Khamenei said, ‘In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty God, the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated. Allah’s promise will be delivered, and Islam will be victorious.'” Source – WND.
Reza Kahlili is a pseudonym for a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and the author of the award-winning book, A Time to Betray. He is a senior Fellow with EMPact America, a member of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security and teaches at the U.S. Department of Defense’s Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy (JCITA).
- ISIS Rapes And Kills Women After Abducting 150 Christians, “I See Blood Everywhere” wp.me/p1qlPa-7c1 2 days ago
- Iran and P5+1 Officials to Meet Again Next Week 02/27/2015EU confirms senior officials from Iran and six powers negotiating will hold more talks in Montreux, Switzerland next week.
- Syria: Kurds Capture Part of Key ISIS Stronghold 02/27/2015Kurdish fighters seize parts of Tal Hamis after six days of fighting, during which nearly 200 'Islamic State' fighters killed.
- Egypt Islamic Body Condemns ISIS Destruction of Artifacts 02/27/2015Dar al-Ifta says Islamic State's destruction of Iraq's ancient heritage shows their ignorance of the Muslim faith.
- Gaza Terror Group Trains Women to Become Jihadists 02/27/2015Hezbollah’s television channel recently aired a report which featured Gazan women trained by the Popular Resistance Committees.
- Fighting ISIS 'Not a High Priority for Turkey' 02/27/2015Turkey does not place a high priority on fighting ISIS jihadists, according to United States intelligence chief James Clapper.
- Kerry to Hold Another Meeting with Iranian Counterpart 02/27/2015Secretary of State to travel to Montreux to meet Iranian Foreign Minister ahead a March 31 deadline for agreement on nuclear program.
- UNESCO Demands Meeting Over ISIS Destruction of Artifacts 02/27/2015Head of UN's cultural agency demands emergency meeting following ISIS's destruction of ancient artifacts in Iraq.
- Government Takeover of the Internet BeginsNet Neutrality heads for an uncertain future in the courts.
- At UCLA, the Power of Negative EmotionsThe legitimacy of anger against Students for Justice in Palestine.
- Andrew Klavan: Good News, Beheaded ChristiansA Truth Revolt video.
- Students For Justice in Palestine Hides True IntentionsHamas doesn't shy away from what its true goals are. When will SJP take off its mask?
- Why Won’t Scott Walker Believe in Obama?No one expects the Obama Inquisition.
- In Israel’s Hour of NeedThe reason for Netanyahu's trip to Washington next week.
- ‘I am Charlie’ —- Brown VarietyWhen will the West stop falling for radical Islam's same bait-and-switch?
- ISIS: Christians Worse Than MurderersICC Note: As the world witnesses the brutal acts of the Islamic jihadists of ISIS, the ideology behind it is challenging to understand. They regularly try to justify their actions from their interpretation of Islam. Their views depart radically from the views of many Muslims, but find their basis in at least one interpretation of the Quran that believes that […]
- ISIS Captures Christians: Piece by piece, Middle Eastern Christianity is being shatteredICC Note: The abduction of Christians in Eastern Syria is just the latest in a tragic series of events that is witnessing the complete unraveling of Christianity in the Middle East. Islamic jihadists continue to destroy communities that have lived in these lands for thousands of years, seeking to replace it with an Islamic state. 02/24/2015 Syria (Fox News) […]
- Nigeria: “One of the Worst Places for Christians”ICC Note: According to Raymond Ibrahim, author of "Muslim Persecution of Christians," Nigeria is one of the "worst places for Christians." Boko Haram, a radical Islamic insurgency bent on establishing a separate Islamic state in northeast Nigeria, has waged a campaign of terror against the West African nation's northern Christians fo […]
- Kenya’s Classrooms Empty in Wake of Non-Muslim MassacresICC Note: In November of last year, Somalia-based radical Islamic insurgency al-Shabaab perpetrated yet another brutal massacre against non-Muslims in Kenya. After commandeering a bus near the East African country's northern border with Somalia, a band of al-Shabaab terrorists forced the vehicle's non-Muslim passengers onto the road where they then […]
- Eye Witness Account of Church Burnings in NigerICC Note: The weekend of January 16, Muslims riots directed against the latest depiction of the prophet Mohammed by French satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo ransacked and burned as many as 70 churches and dozens more Christians homes and businesses. Neil and Danette Childs witnessed the destruction of the Christian community of Niger, a 97% Muslim West Afric […]
- In the Face of Terror, Nigeria’s Christians Are Advancing the GospelICC Note: Since 2011, 1,000 churches have been destroyed, thousands more Christian homes and businesses decimated, and still thousands more Christians killed, many at the hands of radical Islamic insurgency, Boko Haram. And yet, despite living in of the top ten most hostile countries in the world towards Christians, Nigeria's faithful continue to carry […]
- As Many as 70 Churches Destroyed in Niger by Muslim MobsICC Note: Over the weekend of January 16, Muslim protests against the latest depiction of the Prophet Mohammed by French satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, devolved into violent mobs that proceeded to burn and ransack as many as 70 churches and dozens of Christian homes and businesses across Niger. A 97% Muslim country located in West Africa, Niger's hi […]
- The Watchman Show: Lone Wolves or Known Wolves? 02/25/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we sit down with terrorism expert Patrick Poole to discuss the "known wolf" phenomenon in Western jihadi attacks. We're also joined by director Nolan Lebovitz for a look at his new film "Roadmap Genesis."Erick Stakelbeck
- The Girls of Jihad Strike Again 02/21/2015Back in November, I reported on the troubling trend of Western women traveling to Syria to join ISIS and become part of the Islamic State. Now come new reports that three teenage girls have left Britain with intentions of heading to Syria and marrying ISIS jihadists. Here's more, from the Daily Mail: Scotland Yard was facing questions over how the girls […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: Iran's Moves in the Middle East and Why You Should Care 02/11/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we sit down with former Israeli Ambassador Yoram Ettinger and White House correspondent Bill Koenig. They'll discuss Iran's dangerous advance throughout the Middle East and what it means for America and Israel. Click below to watch:Erick Stakelbeck
- M 7.0 - 131km N of Nebe, IndonesiaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - IVTime2015-02-27 13:45:05 UTC2015-02-27 21:45:05 +08:00 at epicenterLocation7.288°S 122.532°EDepth552.33 km (343.20 mi)
- M 6.3 - 140km E of Miyako, JapanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - IITime2015-02-20 04:25:24 UTC2015-02-20 14:25:24 +10:00 at epicenterLocation39.847°N 143.569°EDepth13.54 km (8.41 mi)
- M 6.4 - 83km ESE of Lakatoro, VanuatuPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VIIITime2015-02-19 13:18:32 UTC2015-02-20 00:18:32 +11:00 at epicenterLocation16.440°S 168.119°EDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 6.7 - 83km ENE of Miyako, JapanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - V Time2015-02-16 23:06:27 UTC2015-02-17 09:06:27 +10:00 at epicenterLocation39.830°N 142.890°EDepth23.00 km (14.29 mi)
- M 6.2 - 32km ESE of Taitung City, TaiwanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VTime2015-02-13 20:06:31 UTC2015-02-14 04:06:31 +08:00 at epicenterLocation22.621°N 121.425°EDepth24.31 km (15.11 mi)
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,864,532 Visitors Since March 2011