Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood Takes on Egyptian Military
Like I said, it’s only a matter of time …
After claiming that it is not trying to control parliament, that it favours consensus over monopoly and that it would not field a candidate in the presidential elections, Egypt’s most powerful political movement has broken all its promises.
Scepticism about its intentions was already rife last week after the Brotherhood packed the elected panel charged with drafting the post-revolution constitution with devotees. The move provoked a walkout from the panel by representatives of liberal parties, the constitutional court, the Coptic Church, and even al-Azhar, the centre of Sunni religious authority.
Then the Brotherhood dropped a bombshell at the weekend with a decision to nominate Khairat al-Shater, its strategist and most formidable leader, as its candidate in the May 23 presidential election.
The movement’s brazen push for power is a dramatic departure from its decades-old approach of cautious, gradual politics and its more recent preference for sharing in the responsibility of ruling Egypt’s 80m people.
‘It’s a turning point in the history of the Muslim Brotherhood,’ says Dia Rashwan, analyst at Cairo’s Al-Ahram Centre for Political and Strategic Studies.” Read more at FT.Com.
- Little Boy Blows Up Three Prisoners In Latest Islamic State Execution Video midnightwatcher.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/lit… https://t.co/ochl9xyy8l 4 hours ago
- Saudi decision to send troops to Syria 'final' 02/11/2016Riyadh is 'ready' and will fight with its U.S.-led coalition allies to defeat ISIS. Islamic Military Alliance is forming.
- DFLP brags about building Gaza terror tunnels too 02/11/2016Communist terror group shows Hamas are not the only ones, with video of heavily armed terrorists training in a tunnel for next war.
- Israel, Turkey begin new normalization talks 02/11/2016Next set of covert rapprochement talks start in Geneva, as Ankara continues to demand Israel lift naval blockade on Hamas.
- Russian engineers working with ISIS in Syria to produce gas 02/11/2016While Russia says it is fighting terror group, new evidence shows it is cutting economic deals amid the bloodshed in Syria.
- One in ten Syrians has been killed or injured in conflict 02/11/2016470,000 people have been killed in the Syrian conflict which is heading into its sixth year. 85 percent of population is destitute.
- Kurds seize key military base in northern Syria 02/11/2016Rebels left reeling after losing their only military airport in Aleppo province, while Kurds keep on advancing.
- PA asks EU to recognize 'Palestine' 02/11/2016Fatah Central Committee member Nabil Shaath calls on EU to impose sanctions on Israel in order to end the "occupation".
- David Horowitz Freedom Center Launches Campaign to Combat Jew Hatred at American Colleges and UniversitiesCiting a large and disturbing rise in anti-Semitic incidents on American college campuses, the David Horowitz Freedom Center today announced that it is launching a new campaign to counter Jew Hatred at the nation’s colleges and universities. On college campuses across America, hatred and bigotry directed at Jews is at an all time high. From swastikas appeari […]
- First Islamic State Celebrates AnniversaryThe first Islamic State since World War II celebrates its anniversary this week. And it isn’t the one you might think. ISIS, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, is the late-comer to the world of Islamic-inspired murder and mayhem. The regime that invented the genre will celebrate its 37th anniversary on Feb. 11. It’s official name: the Islamic Republic of I […]
- Hillary Fights to Keep Wall Street Speeches SecretThe campaign of class-warrior Hillary Clinton is pushing the panic button over the prospective release of secret transcripts of high-dollar speeches she made to Goldman Sachs that threaten to portray her as a two-faced un-progressive Wall Street elitist who is out of touch with the common people. The Democrats' leading avatar of avarice depicts herself […]
- Our Good Islam/Bad Islam StrategyDaniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam. Our only hope of defeating Islamic terrorism is Islam. That’s our whole counterterrorism strategy. But Islamic terrorism is not a separate component of Islam that can be cut off from it. Not only is it not un-Islamic, but it expresses Islami […]
- None So Brave“De Oppresso Liber” (To Liberate the Oppressed) ~~Motto of the U.S. Army Special Forces. A poignant Afghan proverb declares, “Cowards cause harm to brave men.” This ancient Pashtun adage reflects the shocking true life story of U.S. Special Forces Sgt. Charles Martland. Five years ago, Sgt. Martland saved the life of an Afghan boy who was abducted from his m […]
- Islam’s Sword Comes for ChristiansOriginally published by the Gatestone Institute. Raymond Ibrahim is a Shillman Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center. Islamic hostility for Christmas was on full display as documented here: on Christmas Day, Muslims in Bethlehem set a Christmas tree on fire and greeted the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem with a hail of stones; Muslim “refugees” set fire […]
- You Don’t Know What Obama Said at the MosqueIf you seek to understand Barack Obama and his views, the best place to go is his speeches. But you have to read them in their entirety, not rely on hearing them or on the media’s summary of them. When you do, you realize how often what Obama says is morally and intellectually confused and even untrue. The most recent example was his speech last week at a mo […]
- Congress Considers Iraq Safe Zone: “Christians and Yazidis Have No Place to Go”ICC Note: As Congress discusses the possibility of an autonomous "safe zone" for Christians and Yazidis in Iraq, human rights leaders are concerned that there is not a single Christian or minority leader taking place in the Geneva peace talks to give these persecuted minorities a voice. United Nations' refugee camps in Iraq are not safe places […]
- In Iran, Elections Rigged to Preclude Any Democratic ReformsICC Note: Of the 3000 democratic reformist politicians that sought political office in Iran for this year's elections, 99% were disqualified in the first vetting. Even prominent religious leaders in Iran were excluded from participating if they were seen as "too moderate" or too accepting of tolerance and democratic values. The Council ultim […]
- UN Report on Syria: Summary Executions, Torture, Illegal Makeshift Courts Among Terrible DetailsICC Note: The United Nations (UN) Committee tasked with investigating human rights violations in Syria released a report showing the horrific details against all detainees held by radical groups, in addition to ISIS. Al Nusra is one such group that claims the banner of "anti-Assad" opposition, but practices tactics that are just as dangerous to th […]
- EU is Unaninmous: “What ISIS is Doing is Genocide”ICC Note: When a governing body labels violence as “genocide,” this actually creates an international legal obligation for Member States of the United Nations to defend and protect the victims. This is why the unanimous declaration by the European Parliament was such an incredible step forward to help the religious minorities that have been systematically a […]
- Iranian-Backed Militias Displace Iraqi Christians From Their HomesICC Note: Iranian militias, who claim to be fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria, are instead, targeting Iraqi Christians and forcibly removing them from their homes. Iraqi Christians have experienced forcible displacement from ISIS, intense hiding, fear, the loss of loved ones, and now, the loss of their belongings. Although the Iraqi government has appealed to […]
- European Parliament Votes to Recognize ISIS Atrocities as GenocideICC NOTE: The European Parliament unanimously passed a resolution on Thursday recognizing the atrocities carried out by ISIS towards religious minorities as a genocide. This is the first instance of the European body recognizing an ongoing conflict as a genocide. This is a major step towards possible global recognition of the atrocities in the Middle East as […]
- BREAKING: 30 Killed, 40 More Wounded as ISIS Bombs Suburban Neighborhood in SyriaICC Note: Reports coming in show that ISIS has taken responsibility for bombing a residential neighborhood outside of Damascus Syria. 30 were killed and 40 more people were injured, including women and children. Christian populations living amongst the Shi'a Muslims have feared the growing threat from ISIS influence throughout Syria. As the Vatican, […]
- The Watchman: Pastor Saeed's Release and Iran's Double Game 01/20/2016Welcome to the final edition of The Watchman. After more than 10 years with CBN, Terrorism Analyst Erick Stakelbeck is moving on to new adventures. For this last show, we'll examine the Iranian regime's continued terrorist activity in spite of Pastor Saeed Abedini's release. We also talk to Dr. Michael Youssef about his new book, End Times and […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: What to Watch for in 2016 01/05/2016On this week's edition of The Watchman, we look ahead to 2016 and the major stories to watch for, including ISIS, Iran, Russia in the Middle East, homegrown jihad and more.Erick Stakelbeck
- David Cameron's Tough Line Against the Muslim Brotherhood 12/18/2015British Prime Minister David Cameron is taking a tough line against the Muslim Brotherhood--but the Obama administration is unlikely to follow. Erick Stakelbeck takes a closer look at how the Brotherhood's ideology inspires terrorism.Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.3 - 40km W of Ovalle, ChilePAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VITime2016-02-10 00:33:05 UTC2016-02-09 21:33:05 -03:00 at epicenterLocation30.634°S 71.620°WDepth31.53 km (19.59 mi)
- M 6.4 - 92km WSW of Panguna, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V Time2016-02-08 16:19:13 UTC2016-02-09 02:19:13 +10:00 at epicenterLocation6.621°S 154.707°EDepth31.62 km (19.65 mi)
- M 6.4 - 24km SSE of Yujing, TaiwanPAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIII Time2016-02-05 19:57:27 UTC2016-02-06 03:57:27 +08:00 at epicenterLocation22.939°N 120.593°EDepth23.00 km (14.29 mi)
- M 7.2 - 91km N of Yelizovo, RussiaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - III Time2016-01-30 03:25:10 UTC2016-01-30 15:25:10 +12:00 at epicenterLocation54.007°N 158.506°EDepth160.97 km (100.02 mi)
- M 0.0 Sonic Boom - Southern New JerseyDYFI? - VIITime2016-01-28 18:23:45 UTC2016-01-28 13:23:45 -05:00 at epicenterLocation39.300°N 74.300°WDepth0.00 km (0.00 mi)
- Little Boy Blows Up Three Prisoners In Latest Islamic State Execution Video
- Video: Muslim NHL Player Threatens To Slit Throat Of Opposing Player
- Rush Limbaugh On Obama: “Why Did He Choose To Become A Christian?”
- Obama’s Mosque Speech Vs. History: Has Islam “Always Been Part Of America”?
- Michigan Muslim Plots Mass Murder Of Detroit Christians For The Cause Of Allah
- Fellowship With Darkness: Swedish Church To Collect Funds To Build Mosque
- ISIS Flag Painted On Swedish School, Warning To “Pray To Allah Or Die”
- Fellowship With Darkness: Obama Praises Islam, Islamizes US History During Visit To Segregated Baltimore Mosque With Extremist Ties
- Top 10 Disturbing Islamic Teachings On Women
- North Carolina Teen Converts To Islam, Kills Neighbor, Develops Sudden Urge To Slaughter 1,000 In Shooting Spree
- Parents Forced To Watch As ISIS Beheads Their Young Boy For Missing His Prayers
- Islamic State Execution Room Contained Stacks Of Qur’ans
- ISIS-Affiliated Muslims Massacre Over 100 In Nigeria, Screaming Children Burned Alive
- Canada: Muslims Open Fire On Calgary Night Club
- Canada: Muslim Leader Calls Upon Muslims To Only Do Business With Muslims, Never Hire “Infidels”
- Philadelphia Mayor Buries Head In Sand, Says Islamic Terror Does Not Represent Islam “In Any Way, Shape Or Form”
- Ambush: Muslim Opens Fire On Philadelphia Police Officer “In The Name Of Islam”
- Burned Alive: ISIS Reportedly Forcing Christians Into Coffins, Setting Them On Fire
- Palestinian Committee Member: Allah Loves Those Who Sacrifice Themselves Seeking To Kill Jews
- Palestinian Deputy: Muslim Terrorists Are “Heroes And A Crown On The Head Of Every Palestinian”
- Ein Frohes Neues Jahr: Up To 1000 Muslim “Refugee” Men Go On Mass Sex Assault Spree In Germany
- 2016 ISIS Plan: Activate Hundreds Of Terror Cells And “Slaughter Thousands” Of Non-Muslims All Around The World
- New York: Muslim Pizzeria Owner Develops Sudden Hunger For Bloody Jihad, Support For ISIS
- Saudi Author: ISIS Reaping What We’ve Sown, “Our Religion … Has Been Made Savage”
- Saudi Law Maker: Arab Culture Is Immersed In Violence And Hatred Of Others
- FBI Alerted After Group Of Middle Eastern Men Ask Suspicious Questions About Missouri Dam
- Pat Condell: We All Want The Truth, And Donald Trump Speaks It
- Missouri: FBI Alerted After Muslims Buy Dozens Of Cellphones At 4AM At Rural Walmart
- Italy Arrests ISIS Terrorist Posing As “Refugee”
- Muslims In Ohio, Minnesota, Illinois, Maryland Develop Sudden Urge To Support ISIS
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 2,183,401 Visitors Since March 2011