Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood Takes on Egyptian Military
Like I said, it’s only a matter of time …
After claiming that it is not trying to control parliament, that it favours consensus over monopoly and that it would not field a candidate in the presidential elections, Egypt’s most powerful political movement has broken all its promises.
Scepticism about its intentions was already rife last week after the Brotherhood packed the elected panel charged with drafting the post-revolution constitution with devotees. The move provoked a walkout from the panel by representatives of liberal parties, the constitutional court, the Coptic Church, and even al-Azhar, the centre of Sunni religious authority.
Then the Brotherhood dropped a bombshell at the weekend with a decision to nominate Khairat al-Shater, its strategist and most formidable leader, as its candidate in the May 23 presidential election.
The movement’s brazen push for power is a dramatic departure from its decades-old approach of cautious, gradual politics and its more recent preference for sharing in the responsibility of ruling Egypt’s 80m people.
‘It’s a turning point in the history of the Muslim Brotherhood,’ says Dia Rashwan, analyst at Cairo’s Al-Ahram Centre for Political and Strategic Studies.” Read more at FT.Com.
- Libya: 30 More Christians Beheaded And Shot To Death For The Glory Of "Allah" wp.me/p1qlPa-7cx 2 weeks ago
- Pentagon: Iraq Oil Refinery Under Threat from ISIS 05/07/2015Pentagon spokesman says ISIS has entered the Baiji refinery in Iraq and controls parts of it.
- US to UN: Investigate Syrian Chemical Weapons Use 05/06/2015Diplomats say there is 'mounting evidence' of more chlorine gas attacks despite lengthy chemical removal process.
- Students Gather Packages for Christian Refugees Fleeing ISIS 05/06/2015Im Tirtzu, Israeli Christian Recruitment Forum team up with Israeli volunteers to aid Christians in Iraq and Syria.
- Al Qaeda's Somali Hold Strengthened by Yemen Exodus 05/06/2015600 Al Qaeda terrorists flee Yemen war for former stronghold of Somalia, while Kerry offers aid without specifying details.
- Assad Denies His Regime Falling in Rare Public Address 05/06/2015Syrian president makes rare appearance to dismiss fears of impending defeat after rebels make significant gains.
- Iran Claims it Chased US Warship in Gulf of Aden 05/06/2015Iranian navy confronted US vessel and several aircraft, causing them to 'rapidly' change direction, off the coast of Yemen.
- Syria: 16 Kurdish Fighters Killed in ISIS Attack 05/06/2015Islamic State car bomb targets Kurdish security forces base in Hasakeh attackers eliminated.
- Why Obama Will Just Keep Making the Middle East WorseAmerican guilt requires perpetual atonement.
- Robert Spencer at the Muhammad Art ExhibitProphetic words before a vicious jihadist attack.
- Did the FBI Drop the Ball on the Texas Shooting?How did a known radicalized criminal get so close to committing a massacre?
- Exposed: Egypt’s Institutionalized Persecution of Coptic ChristiansIt’s not just the Muslim mob. It’s the Muslim government.
- Iran Cheating — And Not RetreatingThe frightening details of a wretched deal.
- FIU Names Radical Muslim to New PostExposing Florida’s youth to an anti-Israel Islamist.
- A Conversation with an IDF SoldierWhy one soldier doesn't think peace is on the horizon.
- Ancient Christian Communities In Middle East Could Be Eradicated, Says AuthorICC Note: If nothing is done to stop these Christian communities could be entirely erased from their homelands. Christians are facing attacks from ISIS and other jihadists across the Middle East, but stretching all the way to West Africa and across the region. 05/04/2015 Iraq (Daily Caller) The Islamic State targets adherents of any religion outside its radi […]
- 13 Million Flee Religion-Linked Conflicts WorldwideICC Note: The more than 13 million people who have fled religion-linked conflicts is one of the major concerns in an annual report highlighting violations of religious freedom around the world. The annual report from the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIF), also looked at the issues of blasphemy laws and non-state actors as particular […]
- U.S. Religious Freedom Commission Calls For Criminal Prosecution Of Islamic StateICC Note: In its latest report, the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) called for pressure to bring the Islamic State (ISIS) to charges in the International Criminal Court. The report recognizes the increasing role the non-state actors (groups like ISIS, Boko Haram, etc.) are playing in violations of religious freedoms acros […]
- U.S. Commission: 17 Countries “Engage in or Tolerate Severe Violations of Religious Freedom”New Annual Report Documents Extensive Persecution in 33 Nations 05/01/2015 Washington, D.C. (International Christian Concern) – On Thursday, the U.S. Commission for International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) released its 2015 annual report. The report, compiled from thousands of hours of interviews with government officials, victims, and non-governmental orga […]
- “Indifference And Inaction” On Middle East “A Scandal”ICC Note: It is like Pilate washing his hands before Jesus was taken to be crucified, a church leader from the Middle East said. As the war in Syria is now in its fifth year and Christians in the region have been decimated, the world is still unsure of what to do and so little has been done to bring about an end to the conflict. 04/30/2015 Syria (Vatican Rad […]
- Christian Exodus Weakens Moderate IslamICC Note: “Christians are irreplaceable peacemakers,” A Lebanese church leader told a gathering of international officials. As Christians are driven from their homelands in Iraq, Syria, and elsewhere across the Middle East it is Islamic extremists who are gaining. The hope for a stable and prosperous region is diminished when Christians are attacked. 04/28/2 […]
- Christians In The Middle East At Risk Of Extinction, Party Leaders WarnedICC Note: A petition signed by thousands of Christians in the UK is warning of the risk that Christians are facing and the need for more action to be taken to protect them. Though a small minority, “Christians are a glue that holds the region together.” 04/28/2015 Middle East (Christian Today) The rise of extremism has left Christians without hope for a fut […]
- The Watchman Show: World on Fire 05/06/2015On this week's edition of The Watchman, we sit down with terrorism experts Patrick Poole and Ryan Mauro. They'll discuss Iran, ISIS, Yemen and Syria -- and why it matters for Americans. Click below to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- ISIS Looking to Attack on US Soil? 04/30/2015This piece was originally posted on www.erickstakelbeck.com With Baltimore in chaos these past few days, you may have missed a very important piece of news that could directly affect your life. Two pieces of news, actually, but both covering the same topic: the ISIS threat to the U.S. homeland. This past weekend, CNN reported that the FBI was investigating “ […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: Iran, ISIS and What Can Be Done 04/21/2015On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with national security expert and former Pentagon spokesman J.D. Gordon. He'll discuss the threats posed by Iran and ISIS and how America should counter them.Erick Stakelbeck
- M 3.7 - 4km NNW of San Jacinto, CaliforniaShakeMap - V DYFI? - VTime2015-05-06 07:39:46 UTC2015-05-06 00:39:46 -07:00 at epicenterLocation33.812°N 116.979°WDepth15.32 km (9.52 mi)
- M 7.5 - 130km SSW of Kokopo, Papua New GuineaPAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VIII DYFI? - VII Time2015-05-05 01:44:05 UTC2015-05-05 11:44:05 +10:00 at epicenterLocation5.465°S 151.886°EDepth42.00 km (26.10 mi)
- M 3.6 - 1km SW of Concord, CaliforniaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - IVTime2015-05-03 22:13:19 UTC2015-05-03 15:13:19 -07:00 at epicenterLocation37.967°N 122.043°WDepth13.15 km (8.17 mi)
- M 3.8 - 1km WNW of View Park-Windsor Hills, CaliforniaShakeMap - VI DYFI? - VTime2015-05-03 11:07:18 UTC2015-05-03 04:07:18 -07:00 at epicenterLocation33.999°N 118.360°WDepth11.99 km (7.45 mi)
- M 4.2 - 8km S of Galesburg, MichiganPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VITime2015-05-02 16:23:07 UTC2015-05-02 12:23:07 -04:00 at epicenterLocation42.212°N 85.429°WDepth5.88 km (3.65 mi)
- Libya: 30 More Christians Beheaded And Shot To Death For The Glory Of “Allah” By ISIS
- Syria: Mass Killing And Beheadings Reported After ISIS Takes Over Palestinian Refugee Camp In Damascus
- ISIS Destroys Hundreds Of Crates Of Food Aid As Thousands Of Refugees Face Starvation
- Philadelphia: Convert To Islam Develops Sudden Urge To Kill Infidels In “Amazing” Martyrdom Operation
- Study: Muslims To Outnumber Christians Worldwide In Just One More Generation
- Mainstream Sunni Muslim Website Announces Islamic “Messiah” To Come By 2016
- Muslims Torch At Least 68 Churches In Niger
- “If You Were A Christian You Were Shot On The Spot”: Muslim Gunmen Storm Kenya College, Hundreds Killed And Wounded
- ISIS Rapes And Kills Women After Abducting 150 Christians, “I See Blood Everywhere”
- Biggest Solar Eclipse Since 1999 To Disrupt Power Supplies, Block Out Up To 95% Of Sunlight In Parts Of Europe
- Egypt: Muslim Children Idolize ISIS, Pretend To Behead Christians On Video
- Report: Islamic State Abducts At Least 90 Christians In Northeastern Syria
- ISIS Vows To Conquer Rome And “Throw Homosexuals” Off The Leaning Tower Of … Pizza
- Israel: Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat Wrestles “Palestinian” Jihadist Attacker In Street
- Again: ISIS Burns Another 50 People Alive In Western Iraq
- Muslim Terrorists Threatens Mass Murder In Canadian, US, UK Shopping Malls
- Norway Hoax: Media Fabricates 20 Muslims Holding Hands Into A 1,000-Strong “Ring Of Peace” Around Oslo Synagogue
- Is Allah The Worst Communicator Ever?
- Report: Italy Preps For 9/11-Style Suicide Attack, Jihadists Have 11 Jetliners
- ISIS Branch In Libya Declares War Against Music, Burns All Instruments
- Brother Of Two Christians Beheaded By ISIS In Libya Calls TV Program Live On Air, And This Is What He Said
- WHAT? Barack Obama Says Muslim Terrorists Have “Legitimate Grievances”
- Female ISIS Captives Forced To Endure “Brutal And Abnormal” Sex
- Michigan: Muslim Man In Detroit Asks People If They’re Muslim, Stabs Those Who Say No
- ISIS Burns 45 People Alive In Western Iraq, Photo Released Also Showing Caged Children With Torch In Foreground
- Another Saudi Cleric Rejects Fact That Earth Revolves Around The Sun
- The True History Of Christendom And Islam
- Florida: Vandals Set Fire To Melbourne Church, Write “Allahu Akbar” Nearby
- UK: Muslim Man From Liverpool Charged With Attempting To Obtain A Chemical Weapon
- Joel Richardson: Responding To The Beheading Of 21 Christians In Libya
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,910,200 Visitors Since March 2011