French Report: Fukushima Pollution 20 Times Larger Than TEPCO Admits – 27,100 TBq of Radioactive Cesium Leaked Into Ocean
The French government’s nuclear research institute, IRSN, released its contamination report on Saturday.
It calculates that 27.1 thousand terabecquerels of radioactive cesium 137 had leaked into the ocean as of the middle of July. The largest amount was released by early April from a pit at the Number 2 reactor and other plant facilities.
The French institute says the amount is about 20 times the estimate made by Tokyo Electric Power Company.
The report says the nuclear accident caused significant water contamination, but radioactive substances will be dispersed by ocean currents.
Nevertheless, the institute is calling for ongoing testing of marine products as leakage from the nuclear facility continues to pollute the nearby ocean.” Source – NHK World.
Radiation Cleanup Confounds Japan – “Nearly eight months after the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear accident scattered radioactive material over surrounding communities, Japan still is struggling to figure out how to clean up the mess, exacerbating fears about health risks and fanning mistrust of the government. Government guidelines provide scant detail about the $14-billion-plus effort. A new cleanup law doesn’t take effect until January. Cities across Fukushima prefecture are scraping contaminated topsoil off school grounds and parks, but Tokyo hasn’t yet decided where to store the tainted material.” Read more.
Fukushima plant cleanup to take 30+ years, commission tells TEPCO to BEGIN removing rods within TEN years – “Experts in Japan have warned it could take more than 30 years to clean up the Fukushima Daiichi power plant. A panel set up by the country’s nuclear energy commission said the severity of the accident meant it would take decades to remove melted fuel rods and decommission the plant, located 150 miles north of Tokyo. The commission called on the facility’s operator, Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco), to begin removing the fuel rods within 10 years.” Read more.
More Signs Indicate Israel Preparing to Launch Attack Against Iran, Some US Analysts Believe Attack May Be ‘Imminent’
“A U.S. intelligence source has told G2Bulletin there are more indicators Israel is preparing to launch an attack – possibly against Iran. And if it does, it may be looking at how to undertake a multi-front strategy that would include an assault against Hezbollah in Lebanon, Hamas in the Gaza Strip or even Syria, according to a report from Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.
Separate sources suggest that Syria would welcome such an attack to divert attention from its own internal violent demonstrations against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
The latest indications and warnings, or I&W, come two weeks following G2Bulletin’s initial report that the Pentagon was watching for a long-anticipated Israeli attack on Iran’s nuclear sites.
That came after revelations of an alleged Iranian plot to kill the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the United States. At that time, a U.S. intelligence source who monitors Israeli I&W said the U.S. was watching ‘an indicator and warning matrix’ in which the U.S. can ‘go so far as to plot the illumination tables to pick out what nights would be best’ for such an attack.
He said that U.S. analysts were concerned that an attack could be ‘imminent.'” Read more.
Netanyahu: A nuclear Iran poses a serious, direct threat to Israel – “Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Monday that a nuclear Iran would be a serious and direct threat to Israel. “A nuclear Iran poses a heavy threat to the entire world – and to Israel in particular,” Netanyahu said during the opening of the Knesset’s winter session, warning that the regime Tehran is continuing its efforts to obtain nuclear weapons. Netanyahu also spoke about the recent escalation with Palestinian militants along the Gaza border, saying Israel will position more Iron Dome anti-missile defense system batteries throughout Israeli cities in hope to intercept more missiles from Gaza. “We will continue to act against those who try to harm us,” he said.” Source – Haaretz.
Report: Israel seeking to upgrade its nuclear weapons capabilities – “Israel is working on improving its nuclear weapons capabilities, according to a report by the independent Trident commission in the United Kingdom that was published in the Guardian newspaper on Monday. According to the report in the Guardian, Israel is extending the range of its Jericho 3 land-to-land missiles so they will have the capabilities of transcontinental missiles. Transcontinental missiles are generally thought of as missiles with ranges of about 5,000 miles. The Guardian also reported that Israel is also striving to improve and expand the capabilities of its cruise missiles, designed to be launched from submarines.” Read more.
‘Allahu Akbar!’: UNESCO Votes to Grant Full Membership to Palestinians, Bolton: US Statutes Now Require Full Cutoff of US Funding for Agency
Is this the beginning of the end? The UN cultural body UNESCO votes to grant full membership to the ‘culture of death‘. This is one additional step towards full UN state membership of ‘Palestine’ and the planned division of the land of Israel by the Muslim world for the glory of Islam …
Daniel 11:39, “Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge [and] increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.”
Zechariah 12:13, “And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.”
“The acceptance of the Palestinian mission into the U.N.’s cultural and educational agency could result in backlash from Washington, which is required by law to cut off funding to the agency if a Palestinian Liberation Organization is granted membership in any group at the international body.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization voted 107-14 with 52 abstentions on Monday granting Palestinians full membership in the organization. The U.S. voted against the nomination. Eighty-one votes of the 173 UNESCO members were needed for full membership to be approved.
‘Long Live Palestine!’ one delegate reportedly shouted in French at the meeting.
The U.S. funds about 22 percent of UNESCO’s budget, or roughly $80 million annually.
The State Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment, though U.S. ambassador to UNESCO David Killion reportedly said the vote will ‘complicate’ U.S. efforts to support the group.
Former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. John Bolton said the vote signals weakness in U.S. diplomacy.
‘So ineffective was Obama administration diplomacy, that France voted in favor of Palestinian membership, and Britain and Japan abstained. U.S. statutes, dating from 1990, now require a full cutoff of U.S. funding, which Congress should insist occur immediately. Should the administration seek changes in the applicable statutory provisions that would eliminate or weaken the funding cutoff, Congress should reject them,’ Bolton said.
‘UNESCO has made its decision: it prefers Palestinian membership to American participation. Now let the rest of the U.N. specialized agencies make their choice,’ he added.
An aide to House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairwoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen said the congresswoman supports full enforcement of the law, without exception.” Read more.
Flashback: Hamas MP and Cleric: The Caliphate is Coming and in a Few Years a ‘Great Massacre of Jews’ for Allah – “The (Jews) are brought in droves to Palestine so that the Palestinians – and the Islamic nation behind them – will have the honor of annihilating the evil of this gang… All the predators, all the birds of prey, all the dangerous reptiles and insects, and all the lethal bacteria are far less dangerous than the Jews… In Just a few years, all the Zionists and the settlers will realize that their arrival in Palestine was for the purpose of the great massacre, by means of which Allah wants to relieve humanity of their evil.” Read more.
President Barack Obama plans to withdraw his 40,000 troops from Iraq by the end of the year after negotiations on keeping some forces there failed, a move some politicians say could give Tehran more room to assert its influence.
‘The uniform stance of all tribes and religions in Iraq over America’s pressure to get legal immunity for its occupying servicemen, and ultimately the coercion of America to exit Iraq, constitute a golden page in that country’s history,’ Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said after a meeting with Iraqi Kurdistan President Masoud Barzani, the ISNA news agency reported.
The troops are leaving more than eight years after a U.S.-led invasion toppled Iraqi President Saddam Hussein in 2003.
Tehran welcomed the fall of Saddam, a secular Sunni Muslim who took majority Shi’ite Iraq into a bloody 1980-88 war with Iran, but has always criticized U.S. military intervention.
While it has been rebuilding ties with post-Saddam Iraq, Iran’s relations with the United States have worsened. Washington has warned Tehran not to underestimate its large military presence in other nearby countries.” Read more.
U.S. Planning Troop Buildup in Gulf After Exit From Iraq – “The Obama administration plans to bolster the American military presence in the Persian Gulf after it withdraws the remaining troops from Iraq this year, according to officials and diplomats. That repositioning could include new combat forces in Kuwait able to respond to a collapse of security in Iraq or a military confrontation with Iran. The plans, under discussion for months, gained new urgency after President Obama’s announcement this month that the last American soldiers would be brought home from Iraq by the end of December. Ending the eight-year war was a central pledge of his presidential campaign, but American military officers and diplomats, as well as officials of several countries in the region, worry that the withdrawal could leave instability or worse in its wake.” Read more.
Luke 17:3, “… If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.”
By Nicola Menzie – “With his speech sounding somewhat slurred and labored, Family Radio Stations Inc. founder and chairman Harold Camping sought to address in a recent message why Christ failed to return on Oct. 21 as the Bible teacher had predicted. Camping confessed, after decades of falsely misleading his followers, that he was wrong and regrets his misdeeds.
In addition to attempting to correct his erroneous teachings on the Rapture and God’s day of final judgment on the world, Camping, 90, also confessed, ‘incidentally,’ that he was wrong to claim that God had stopped saving people after May 21 – the date which God’s so-called “spiritual” judgment had begun.
This is undoubtedly a radical shift for Camping, who has staunchly claimed since 1992 that he had discovered a special numerical system in the Bible that allowed him to calculate the exact dates of certain events, such as the Great Flood, the Crucifixion and the day of Jesus Christ’s return to Earth.
Camping first falsely predicted that the world would end on Sept. 6, 1994, then again on May 21, 2011, and finally on Oct. 21.
When Camping’s final doomsday predication failed to come to pass, Family Radio soon removed its teachings regarding the failed May 21 rapture, which also included the claim that God had stopped saving people after that date and that the world was headed for a final judgment on Oct. 21.” Read more.
The demo, which mocks charity for injured soldiers Help for Heroes, is due to take place outside the Royal Albert Hall, the same location where a poppy was burned last year.
Emdadur Choudhury, who burned the poppy, was fined just £50.
The Muslims Against Crusades protestors, who have sought permission from police to hold the rally, aim to chant and disrupt the minute’s silence held in honour of the war dead.
Firebrand cleric Anjem Choudary, who has links to the Muslims Against Crusades group, said: ‘It’s going to be called Hell for Heroes and it will be around the Royal Albert Hall.
‘It will involve a protest and not observing the minute’s silence. We had a significant amount of support from Muslims around the world last year.
‘It’s one thing to remember the dead from the First World War and subsequent wars but it’s quite another when they say we need to remember the dead from Afghanistan and Iraq.
‘It’s become a political football and if they are going to use Remembrance Day for that purpose it’s only right that we have a counter protest, which we say is for Muslims.
‘The army is currently at war with Muslims in Muslim countries.’
Choudary also played down reports that MP Mike Freer had feared for his safety after a protest at a north London mosque where he was holding a surgery.
Up to a dozen protesters forced their way into the mosque where Mr Freer was meeting constituents, prompting officials to lock him in a private room for his own safety.” Read more.
Muslims Stone Catholic Festival-Goers in France – “Muslims have attacked Christians attending a Catholic celebration in southern France. The Joyeuse Union Don Bosco [Joyous Union Don Bosco] takes place in Nîmes, at the Sanctuary of Our Lady the Virgin of Santa Cruz, built by French people repatriated from the Algerian city of Oran following Algerian independence. These people were driven out of the place they grew up in by Muslim aggression. Now they face it in France too! ‘After a day of welcoming and reunions, around 7 pm, the participants were leaving in their cars and vehicles when ‘young Arab immigrants’ from the city started to throw stones at the vehicles descending from the sanctuary. The local police, whose station is in this area, were immediately notified and the event organisers had to arrange a diversion to another route to protect the occupants of the vehicles from the savage attacks which continued.'” Read more.
American Suicide Bomber Urged Muslims to Carry Out Attacks Against Non-Muslims Around the World, Including the US and Canada
By ABDI GULED and KATHARINE HOURELD – “MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) – An al-Qaida-linked Somali militant group on Sunday posted a tape allegedly made by an American citizen who blew himself up during an attack on an African Union base in Somalia’s capital that left at least 10 people dead.
The young man, who would be at least the fourth American to become a suicide bomber in Somalia, urges other young people not to ‘just chill all day’ and instead fight nonbelievers around the world.
The website Somalimemo.net, often used by the al-Shabab militia, said Somali-American bomber Abdisalan Taqabalahullaah had emigrated to the U.S. when he was 2 years old.
It was not possible to verify the claims and the U.S. Embassy was not able to comment. U.S. authorities estimate that at least 20 American passport holders have joined the insurgents in Somalia. At least three of them became suicide bombers.
The young man had an American accent and mixed Muslim terminology with American slang as he urged Muslims to carry out attacks against non-Muslims around the world.
‘My brothers and sisters, do jihad in America, do jihad in Canada, do jihad in England, anywhere in Europe, in Asia, in Africa, in China, in Australia,’ the voice said. ‘Anywhere you find (unbelievers), fight them and be firm against them.’
‘Today jihad is what is most important thing for the Muslim ummah,’ he said, using a word for the Islamic community.” Read more.