Texas Lake ‘Full of Dead Fish’ as Water Turns Blood-Red
A drought has left the OC Fisher Reservoir in San Angelo State Park in West Texas almost entirely dry. The water that is left is stagnant, full of dead fish — and a deep, opaque red.
The color has some apocalypse believers suggesting that OC Fisher is an early sign of the end of the world, but Texas Parks and Wildlife Inland Fisheries officials say the bloody look is the result of Chromatiaceae bacteria, which thrive in oxygen-deprived water.
‘It’s just heartbreaking,’ said Charles Cruz, a fish and wildlife technician with Texas Parks and Wildlife in San Angelo, Tex.
Texas is experiencing major drought this summer, with 75 percent of the state’s area in an ‘exceptional’ drought, the highest level, according to the National Drought Mitigation Center (NDMC). The state had hoped for some relief from Tropical Storm Don last week, but the system fizzled and brought only an inch or two of rain to areas near the coast.
The drought has taken its toll on a number of reservoirs in West Texas, Cruz told LiveScience. OC Fisher has never been completely full, Cruz said, but it was stocked with catfish, bass, sunfish and other popular targets for fishermen.
‘We surveyed the lake, I believe it was last year, and we had a pretty good fish population out there,’ Cruz said. ‘It was pretty sickening going out there, watching lake levels just drop and drop and drop and seeing these nice trophy-sized bass just floating dead.'” Read more.
- Scotland: “Deeply-Religious-But-No-Fanatic” Friendly Muslim Kills Not-As-Deeply-Religious… midnightwatcher.wordpress.com/2016/07/08/sco… https://t.co/s1TqRYgJ4N 1 month ago
- American journalist arrested in Turkey after fleeing Syria 09/01/2016State Department says Lindsay Snell has been arrested in Turkey and charged with "violating a military zone" after she returned from Syria.
- Turkish President signs Israel-Turkey reconciliation bill 09/01/2016Turkish President signs bill that provides the legislative authority to implement the reconciliation agreement between Turkey and Israel.
- U.S.: Russia's claim it killed ISIS spokesman is a joke 09/01/2016American officials laugh at Russia's assertion that it was responsible for the air strike that killed ISIS spokesman Abu Mohamed al-Adnani.
- White House 'concerned' by Iranian missile deployment 08/31/2016Obama administration notes with concern deployment of anti-air defense network around banned nuclear facility.
- Iran to Turkey: Get out of Syria 08/31/2016Iran claims Turkey's offensive "a violation of Syria's sovereignty," as Turkey marches deeper into Kurdish-claimed territory.
- Volunteered to death: Iranian 'retired' general killed in Syria 08/31/2016Report: Sunni fighters have taken out a famed senior of the Revolutionary Guards, Ahmad Gholami.
- Russia rejects UN findings on Syrian chemical weapons 08/31/2016Russia says findings of a UN-led investigation on Syrian chemical attack are not conclusive enough to trigger sanctions.
- Bill Whittle's Firewall: Black Lives Matter Kills People In this powerful and timely Firewall, Bill Whittle provides shocking evidence that demolishes the central, Big Lie of Black Lives Matter and then goes on to explain why a lie that size needs to be told by people like Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and Loretta Lynch. Transcript below: BLACK LIVES MATTER is a Democratic Party scam. It’s a combination street a […]
- The Truth About Jew-Hatred is Never SlanderIt ought to be axiomatic that if you join a group marinated in anti-Semitism and devoted to the destruction of the Jewish State of Israel you are likely at some point to be identified as a hater of Jews. But after getting involved with Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) at UCLA, student Robert Gardner claims to be shocked at being called out publicly fo […]
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio and a Double Standard of JusticeJoe Arpaio has been the sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona, which includes the city of Phoenix and is near the Mexican border, for 23 years. He is up for re-election this year and has just emerged victorious in a challenging primary against three rivals. In the general election for sheriff, however, polling data indicate that he would be trailing Democrat o […]
- Kerry Asks Media To See No Jihadi Evil Secretary of State John Kerry wants to keep the American people in the dark regarding the global jihadist terrorist threat we are facing. Referring to terrorism in remarks he made at the Edward M. Kennedy Center in Dhaka, Bangladesh, a country that has recently experienced its own encounter with Islamist terrorists, Kerry said, “Perhaps the media would do us […]
- What if Chaos Were Our Middle East Policy?Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam. Sum up our failed Middle East policy in a nine-letter word starting with an S. Stability. Stability is the heart and soul of nation-building. It’s the burden that responsible governments bear for the more irresponsible parts of the world. Fi […]
- Iran’s Ongoing Military BuildupLast week Iranian naval vessels subjected U.S. warships to what U.S. officials called “harassing maneuvers risking dangerous escalation.” In an incident last January, Iran illegally detained a group of U.S. sailors—using the fact that their boats had veered into Iranian waters as a supposed justification. In last week’s incidents, Iran couldn’t even use that […]
- On Clinton as a Model for Young GirlsOne of the most oft-heard claims made by supporters of Hillary Clinton is what a positive role model she would be for young girls as president. They say: "Then, my daughters will know that nothing is to too great for them to aspire to. A woman can indeed be president of the United States." So goes the argument. According to the latest Quinnipiac U […]
- The "Other" Palestinians 08/31/2016Nearly 3,500 Palestinians have been killed in Syria since 2011. But because these Palestinians were killed by Arabs, and not Israelis, this fact is not news in the mainstream media or of interest to "human rights" forums. How many Western journalists
- Islam and Anti-Semitism in Malaysia 08/31/2016Wahhabi doctrines spread by Saudi-financed imams are redefining the way Islam is practiced in Malaysia. Politicians are now competing with each other to show off their Islamist credentials. These practices are eroding the tolerance for which the country
- A Month of Islam and Multiculturalism in Britain: July 2016 08/30/2016"The law and not religion should be the basis of justice for citizens. We are calling for an impartial judge-led inquiry that places human rights, not theology, at the heart of the investigation." — Maryam Namazie, head of One Law For All. "This area is
- Kashmir: The Islamists are Pressing Ahead 08/30/2016The designs of Islamist forces have to be foiled in the region. Their agenda is to carve out a separate Islamic country in the Kashmir Valley. The members of Hizbul Mujahideen, a group designated as a terrorist organisation by the EU and the US, have
- CRISIS: Internet to Have Global Governance October 1. Call Congress! 08/29/2016The U.S. announced its plan to pass the oversight of the agency to a global governance model on October 1, 2016. The Obama Administration says that the transition will have no practical effects on the internet's functioning or its users, and even
- Greece: The Freedom-of-Speech Canary Died 08/29/2016The Minister for Immigration Affairs himself, repeatedly stated that 50% to 70% of migratory flows to Greece were illegal migrants and the rest were refugees. The illegal migrants come from 77 different countries. If it is a "racist crime" for a citizen
- Christians as "Target Practice" 08/28/2016"We will show the Armenians and the Christians who we are... We have been ordered not to leave any Armenians in the area." — Islamic rebels, Aleppo, Syria. Thousands of Christians are fleeing Eritrea due to extreme persecution. A report describes Eritrea
- Why we don’t see more Christian refugees 08/31/2016ICC Note: Investigative journalists recall their experiences in Iraq in 2007 when the occupation forces were downsizing. The plight of Christian refugees back then is similar to those today. To get approval and be selected by the UNHCR to get asylum in the United States, Christians must face the local UNHCR departments in their respective countries, which ar […]
- Christian Persecution in the Muslim World: Christians as “Target Practice” 08/30/2016ICC Note: Reports of ISIS terror and barbarity seem to be an expected and normal tragedy now a days. Christian persecution is at an all time high in the Middle East as the militant group continues to specifically target and maim the Christian communities in the region. While the media is not blind to this tragedy, world leaders keep silent on the matter. Whe […]
- Christianity belongs in the Middle East 08/25/2016ICC Note: Prince Hassan of Jordan and Jewish scholar have written together an explanation as to why Christianity belongs in the Middle East. Below they explain that to lose Christianity from their region, it would destroy the “richness of the tapestry of the Middle East and [be] a hammer blow to our shared heritage.” The Islamic State wishes to thrust the Mi […]
- M 6.7 - 39km E of Namatanai, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - III DYFI? - III Time2016-08-31 03:11:36 UTC2016-08-31 13:11:36 +10:00 at epicenterLocation3.691°S 152.788°EDepth499.06 km (310.10 mi)
- M 7.1 - North of Ascension IslandPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I DYFI? - III Time2016-08-29 04:29:57 UTC2016-08-29 03:29:57 -01:00 at epicenterLocation0.041°S 17.826°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 4.8 - 38km E of Hoback, WyomingPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VTime2016-08-27 20:47:47 UTC2016-08-27 14:47:47 -06:00 at epicenterLocation43.230°N 110.313°WDepth9.99 km (6.21 mi)
- M 6.8 - 25km W of Chauk, BurmaPAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - VITime2016-08-24 10:34:55 UTC2016-08-24 17:04:55 +06:30 at epicenterLocation20.919°N 94.579°EDepth84.07 km (52.24 mi)
- M 5.5 - 4km NE of Norcia, ItalyPAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIITime2016-08-24 02:33:30 UTC2016-08-24 04:33:30 +02:00 at epicenterLocation42.822°N 13.126°EDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- Scotland: “Deeply-Religious-But-No-Fanatic” Friendly Muslim Kills Not-As-Deeply-Religious Friendly Muslim For “Disrespecting” The Prophet Mohammed
- Police Massacred In Dallas: FBI Investigating Dallas Mosque That Hosted Anti-Police Group
- Robert Spencer: Muslims Wouldn’t Bomb Muhammad’s City, Would They? Sure They Would.
- Muslims In Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Arizona Develop Sudden Urge To Rape And Murder
- David Wood: Anti-Muslim Bigotry And Violence On The Rise … From Other Muslims
- California: Muslim Woman At LA Airport Threatens To Bomb America (Video)
- Doctrines Of Demons: London Church Hosts Islamic Prayers, Ramadan Iftari Dinners
- “Your Jesus Did Not Come To Save Him From Us”: Muslims Mock Christian Wife After Slitting Her Husband’s Throat
- Utah Lieutenant Gov Has To Distort The “Religion Of Peace” … To Promote Peace
- Lamebrain Loretta: Attorney General Says Motive Of Orlando Killer “May Never Be Known”
- “We Belong To ISIS”: Philadelphia “Men” Ruthlessly Attack Husband And Wife Outside Restaurant
- Canada: Private Islamic School Teaches Children It’s Good To Kill Gays And Adulterers, Chop Off Limbs
- Idaho: Syrian “Refugees” Reportedly Rape Little Girl At Knifepoint
- Arkansas: Muslims Make Terroristic Threats After Accusing Christian Waitress Of Delaying Order, “People Like You Are The Reason We Kill”
- Believers Behaving Badly: Robert Spencer On The Global Outbreak Of “Mental Illness” (Video)
- Madness: Racist Muslim Immigrant Who Praised 9/11 Terror Attacks Is On Homeland Security Advisory Council
- New Mexico: Muslim “Refugee” Arrested In Border County In Possession Of Region’s Gas Pipeline Plans
- Texas: Muslim Man Arrested For Making Terrorist Threats, “Anyone Who Touches Me Is Going To Bleed”
- Lying Wonders: Muslim Man Finds “Allah” Written Inside Watermelon In Arabic
- France: Muslim Man Hears Voices, Stabs Teenage Girl For Allah As “Ramadan Sacrifice”
- Terror In Texas: Muslim Gunman Shot Dead After Taking Hostages At Walmart
- David Wood: Western Politicians And Media Continue To Praise Islam, Even As It Bathes In Seas Of Blood
- After Florida Massacre And Fearing Difficult Questions, Pro-Terror CAIR Throws Out Reporter Before Press Conference
- Muslim Preacher Visiting Orlando Mosque: Homosexuals Should Be Killed, “Let’s Get Rid Of Them”
- Florida Terror: Muslim Gunman Slaughers At Least 50 For Allah At Orlando Gay Bar
- Muslims In Oklahoma, California, Illinois, Georgia, Texas Develop Sudden Urge To Attack, Threaten Non-Muslims
- The Truth About Ramadan
- NYPD Investigating First Palestinian Muslim Captain For Cheating On Exam
- Oh, Canada: Muslim “Customer” Bullies Cafe Owner To Remove Israeli Flag, Cafe Owner Complies
- Report: ISIS Dispatches Hundreds Of Terrorists To Target Europe In Deadly Waves Of Attacks
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
|emmett smith on The Mark of the Beast –…|
|emmett smith on The Mark of the Beast –…|
|traveltheusa20142015 on Lost in Translation: ‘No…|
|Jerry Parks on Lost in Translation: ‘No…|
|Jerry Parks on Lost in Translation: ‘No…|
|Mike O Begley on Sharia ‘Adjustments…|
|Nicole Caraccilo on Lost in Translation: ‘No…|
|Nicole Caraccilo on The Mark of the Beast –…|
|Martin on The 144,000 and the Great Mult…|
|Andrew on The 144,000 and the Great Mult…|
|Parth on Popular Polish Magazine Decrie…|
|Nader teeilab on The Mark of the Beast –…|
|Nader teeilab on Antichrist: Leader Of A One-Wo…|
|Michael on The Mark of the Beast –…|
|Anonymous on Idol Of Stone: Inside The…|
- 2,269,545 Visitors Since March 2011