1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
1 Corinthians 15:51-52, “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”
And there it is. Two of the — if not the – most popular “rapture” passages in the entire Bible. Yet when many Christians read about the timing of the “rapture” at the “last trump” they are either unaware, or because of an already preconceived assumption on this very subject, refuse to even consider if the “last trumpet” of 1 Corinthians 15:52 is a direct reference to the 7th and last trumpet that John describes in the 10th chapter of Revelation. But why? Admittedly, even I was not aware of the significance of Revelation 10 for many years, but am now more than convinced that we can corroborate through the context of text that this is indeed the last trumpet that the Apostle Paul wrote about to the church in Corinth.
For a moment, if you will, toss aside any preconceptions you may have on the timing of the rapture and approach the text as if it were for the first time. Approach it with the heart of a Berean so that together we may search the Scriptures. Read more…
- Canada: Muslim Anti-Israel Hatefest In Toronto Draws 6000 People, Reformist Muslim Rally For Persecuted Christians… wp.me/p1qlPa-6SC 2 hours ago
- Date Set for Resumption of Israel-Gaza Ceasefire Talks 09/23/2014Talks in Cairo set to restart in just over a month, as Hamas and Fatah attempt to repair their own strained relations.
- Hamas Flags Flown as Murderers of Three Teens Buried 09/23/2014Arab rioters attack IDF in Hevron, as Hamas blames PA and PA blames Israel for death of Hamas kidnappers.
- Abbas Prepares UN Bid to 'Create a New Political Reality' 09/23/2014PA leader's spokesman says upcoming UN bid will be a 'crossroad' as Abbas promotes 'three year plan' for 'Palestinian state'.
- Hamas Walks Out of Cairo Talks after Killers' Death, Returns 09/23/2014Terror group leaves negotiations after murderers of three teens were killed by IDF, then goes back.
- Expert: ISIS Changing the Entire Middle East 09/23/2014Extremists' takeovers in Iraq and Syria changing the entire face of Middle Eastern relations, expert says. What does it mean for Israel?
- Syrian Rebel President: Assad Helping ISIS 09/23/2014Shocking claim by rebel leader at UN: Assad wants ISIS to defeat FSA, so the West sees him as the best alternative.
- U.S. Begins Airstrikes Against IS in Syria 09/23/2014Pentagon spokesman says American airstrikes against IS targets are under way in Syria, provides no further details.
- Hillary Will Be Alinsky’s Third TermThe radical plot to destroy America continues.
- ISIS Ignites ‘Flames of War’A slick new movie recruits jihadists.
- The Folly of Inviting Iran to Fight ISISFurthering the Mullahs' quest for regional power.
- Robert Spencer on “Trying to Make Islam Un-Islamic” – on The Glazov GangThe danger of our leaders' attempt to dissociate Islam from the violence committed in its name.
- A Disturbing Defense of Putin’s “Realism”John J. Mearsheimer blames the Ukraine crisis on the West.
- How Germany Funds Jew-HateThe German taxpayer remains one of the leading sponsors of hate groups targeting Israel and the Jewish people.
- Do Statistical Disparities Mean Injustice?Why discrimination can't be to blame for unequal racial representation.
- Lawyers Challenging Sudan’s Apostasy Law in Constitutional CourtICC Note: Lawyers who represented Meriam Ibrahim, a mother of two released after being sentenced to death for her Christian faith, are taking her case to the constitutional court to challenge the legality of Sudanese apostasy laws that make it illegal to convert from Islam. Throughout Sudan, Christians are held accountable to Sudan's 1991 Public Order C […]
- Investigation Launched into Claim of Boko Haram Leader’s DeathICC Note: According to PRNigeria, a public relations consulting firm responsible for shaping the public image of Nigeria's security forces has stated it believes the man that has portrayed Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, was killed in a battle between security forces and militants in Konduga late last week. Though, it has also stated that the Nigeri […]
- #WeAreN: The Invisibility Of Holy Land ChristiansICC Note: The vast majority of American Christians know very little about the Christians of the Middle East. Far too often to be from the Middle East is equated only with being Arab and Muslim. The reality of these lands as the birthplace of Christianity, and the existence of churches in the nearly 2,000 years since then is almost completely forgotten. As th […]
- There is Nothing ISIS Has Done in Iraq that Boko Haram Hasn’t AlreadyICC Note: For years Boko Haram, a radical Islamic insurgency, has plagued minority Christian communities across north Nigeria. In 2014, Boko Haram has murdered more than 1,700 Christians, abducted more than 300 schoolgirls (90% of whom have been identified as professed Christians), set-up toll booths for terrorism, and declared towns under its control for th […]
- We’ve Thought, We’ve Spoken, Now We Must Act to #BringBackOurGirlsICC Note: The following stems from a speech given by Florence Ozor of Nigeria the Global Livingston Institute's Women's Leadership Institute in Lake Buyonyi, Uganda. On April 14, more than 300 schoolgirls were mass-abducted from the government girls secondary school in Chibok, Nigeria. Of those identified, more than 90% are professed Christians. Fo […]
- Archbishop of NE Nigerian Capital: Boko Haram Controls 25 TownsICC Note: We are faced with a huge humanitarian crisis," says Archbishop Doeme of Maiduguri, the capital city of Nigeria's Borno State, home to the Boko Haram Insurgency. After declaring towns under its control for the Islamic caliphate late last month, Boko Haram has perpetrated a mass land-grab for Allah, imposing Sharia law on the vast swathes o […]
- Two Pastors Murdered in Massacre of More than 100 Central African CiviliansICC Note: Two pastors in the Central African republic have been killed, along with more than 100 civilians, by members of Seleka, a radical Islamic coalition force that over through the Central African government in March of last year, and that maintained power until being ousted in December. The massacre follows United Nations peacekeepers taking over respo […]
- The Watchman Show: Silent Conquest of the West 09/12/2014On this weeks edition of The Watchman, we sit down with Frank Gaffney of the Center for Security Policy to discuss the new documentary film "Silent Conquest," which examines the global push to shut down free speech about Islamic jihad. We also examine President Obama's policy of reaching out to America's enemies and go on the ground in Lo […]Erick Stakelbeck
- On 700 Club Interactive: The Islamist Threat to America 09/06/2014I appeared on 700 Club Interactive with Gordon Robertson today discussing the inroads radical Islamists have made in Europe and the United States, and why we should be so concerned about the rise of ISIS. My Q and A with Gordon is preceded by an excellent on-the-ground report from my CBN News colleague Dale Hurd. Click play to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- Embracing Enemies: The Dangers of Engaging Rogue Regimes 09/04/2014Dialogue and diplomacy would always work in a perfect world. Unfortunately, we live in a very imperfect world where evil is running rampant. From Iran to Putin's Russia to the Taliban, President Obama doesn't seem to realize this--he wants to make nice with the worst of the worst. My latest report for CBN explores this dangerous strategy: featuring […]Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.7 - 45km NW of Piti Village, GuamPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - V Time2014-09-17 06:14:46 UTC2014-09-17 16:14:46 +10:00 at epicenterLocation13.756°N 144.397°EDepth136.70 km (84.94 mi)
- M 3.9 - 3km W of American Canyon, CaliforniaShakeMap - III DYFI? - VTime2014-08-26 12:33:16 UTC2014-08-26 05:33:16 -07:00 at epicenterLocation38.178°N 122.302°WDepth12.30 km (7.64 mi)
- M 6.8 - 43km ENE of Tambo, PeruPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - VI Time2014-08-24 23:21:45 UTC2014-08-24 18:21:45 -05:00 at epicenterLocation14.598°S 73.570°WDepth101.00 km (62.76 mi)
- Canada: Muslim Anti-Israel Hatefest In Toronto Draws 6000 People, Reformist Muslim Rally For Persecuted Christians Draws 80
- Islamic State: “We Will Conquer Your Rome, Break Your Crosses, And Enslave Your Women, By The Permission Of Allah”
- New York City Mayor Calls Teachings Of Islam “Outrageous, Inflammatory And Wrong”
- The Washington Post: Christianity In Iraq Is Finished
- Report: ISIS Kills Hundreds Of Iraqi Soldiers In Chemical Weapons Attack
- Palestinian Mother Celebrates Her Son’s Death: ”This Is The First Time I See Joy In My Heart”
- Islamic Cleric Calls Upon Muslims To Fight For ISIS, Promises 144 Virgins In Paradise For Those Killed In Jihad
- The Qur’an, The Bible, And The Islamic Dilemma
- Report: ISIS Terrorists Are Raping Thousands Of Girls To Populate The Caliphate
- ISIS Caliphate Calls Upon Muslims Around The World To Kill Non-Muslims By Any Means Possible
- Religiously Sanctioned Nazism: Islamic State Officially Bans Christians From Schools
- Islamic Scholar: Barack Obama Is Dead Wrong About Islamic State, “They Are True Muslims”
- US Secretary Of State Kerry Suggests Iran Could Lead Fight Against ISIS If US “Fails Miserably”
- ISIS Caliphate Bans Sports, Social Studies And Math For Syrian Children
- Syrian Child Soldier: “I’ve Gotten Used To Killing Soldiers”
- Report: Four Middle Easterners With “Known Ties To Terrorists” Captured On Southern Texas Border On September 10th
- “Brace Yourselves”: ISIS Terrorists Are Being Monitored In West Virginia
- Australia: Islamic State Ordered “Demonstration Killings” Of Non-Muslims
- Australia: Muslims Planned To Publicly Behead Random Citizens To Demonstrate The Reach Of ISIS
- A Match Made In Hell: Boko Haram And ISIS Form Alliance
- Australia: Muslims Drive By Church, Threaten To “Kill The Christians” And Slaughter Their Children
- ISIS Terrorist: “We Are A People Who Love Death … Who Love Drinking Blood” Of Enemies
- ISIS Orders All Christian Business Assets Over To Islamic State, Turns Christian Homes Into Bomb Factories
- Israel: Archaeologists Discover Crescent-Shaped “Moon God Monument” For The Ancient Mideast Moon God “Sin”
- ISIS Sympathizers Threaten To Bomb Times Square After Islamic State Encourages “Lone Wolf” Attacks
- Nigeria’s [Cr]ISIS: “Most Of Our Churches Have Been Destroyed And Our Pastors Are Scattered”
- Turkish President Erdogan Encourages Muslim Brotherhood Leaders To Move To Turkey
- Rumors Of [Don't Call It] War: Top US Military Leader Opens Door To American Boots On Ground In ISIS Fight
- “Humanitarian Catastrophe”: US State Dep’t Orders 160,000 Hazmat Suits As CDC Warns “Now Is Time To Prepare For Ebola”
- Hush, Hush: Feds Find Anti-Israel Terror Banner Draped Over Southern Border Fence
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,630,845 Visitors Since March 2011