Pakistan: Angry Mobs Torch Dozens Of Christian Homes After Muslim Man Accuses Christian Of Blaspheming Islam’s Prophet
For peaceful purposes …
Revelation 13:18 - Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the multitude of the beast: for it is the multitude of a man; and his multitude is χξς …
Matthew 7:5, “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.”
The Times of Israel – “Hundreds of people in eastern Pakistan rampaged through a Christian neighborhood Saturday, torching dozens of homes after hearing reports that a Christian man had committed blasphemy against Islam’s prophet.
Blasphemy is a serious crime in Pakistan that can carry the death penalty but sometimes outraged residents exact their own retribution for perceived insults of Islam’s Prophet Muhammad. Pakistan is overwhelmingly Sunni Muslim and people of other faiths, including the nation’s small Christian community, are often viewed with suspicion.
The incident started Friday when a young Muslim man accused a Christian man of committing blasphemy by making offensive comments about the prophet, according to Multan Khan, a senior police officer in Lahore.
A large crowd from a nearby mosque went to the Christian man’s home on Friday night, said Khan. Police registered a blasphemy case against the man after the crowd gathered and demanded action, the officer said.
Fearing for their safety, hundreds of Christian families fled the area overnight.
Khan said the mob returned on Saturday and began ransacking Christian homes and setting them ablaze. He said no one in the Christian community was hurt, but several policemen were injured when they were hit with stones as they tried to keep the crowd from storming the area.” Read more.
- Flashback: ‘Catastrophic’: The Miseries of Persecuted Christians of Pakistan
- Flashback: Pakistan: Christian Man Murdered For Refusing To Convert To Islam
- Flashback: Pakistan: Christian Beaten By Police For Using Glass Owned By Muslims
- Flashback: Pakistan: Islamic Persecution Forcing Christians To Flee Into The Wilderness
- Flashback: Pakistan: Christian Woman Brutally Tortured by Muslim Mob, Paraded Through Village Streets for ‘Anti-Islam Views’
- Flashback: Christians In Pakistan Told To Convert To Islam Or Leave, ‘Otherwise They Will Face Consequences’
- Flashback: Pakistan Islamists: ‘You Christians Have Offended Our Prophet, We Will Kill You All!’