Sri Lanka: Unexplained ‘Red Rain’ Falling From The Sky Prompts Investigation
By Ridma Dissanayake, Daily News – “Rare showers of red rain fell for over 15 minutes in Sewanagala, Monaragala and Manampitiya,Polonnaruwa yesterday morning hours of yesterday and day before yesterday. According to Meteorology Department sources red rain fell heavily in these areas and the reason has not been found yet.
Red rain in Sewanagala and Manampitiya left red frost on the ground. This is the first time red rain was witnessed in Sri Lanka. The Health Ministry Secretary informed Medical Research Institute (MRI) Director Dr Anil Samaranayake to conduct a study to ascertain the reasons for red rain by taking water samples from Monaragala and Polonnaruwa.
Increase in the acidity of the air and sand storms are the usual reasons for red rain. However, there are no sand storms in Sri Lanka. India had red rain last year and Indian scientists discovered a variety of micro organisms as a reason for the rains. Since the micro organisms had no DNA, they guessed it had to be a strange phenomenon.
The MRI is carrying out research to find the exact reason for red rain in Sri Lanka.” Source – Daily News.
- Malaysia: Obama To ‘Honor Islam’ By Visiting Triumphal Mosque Built On Site Of Church wp.me/p1qlPa-6nA 10 hours ago
- Egyptian Journalist: Al-Sisi Has Jewish Origins 04/25/2014Egyptian journalist claims leading presidential candidate grew up next to former Israeli Defense Minister.
- ADL: Suspension of Peace Talks Fully Justified 04/25/2014The Anti-Defamation League supports Israel’s decision to suspend peace talks with the PA in light of its pact with Hamas.
- State Department: Both Israel, PA Have Made 'Unhelpful' Steps 04/25/2014United States lays the blame on both Israel and the PA for failure of peace talks, says efforts to salvage them will continue.
- Destruction of Syria's Chemical Weapons Nearly Complete 04/25/2014Syria has nearly completed surrendering its chemical weapons stockpile, say UN and OPCW.
- Arab League Backs Hamas-Fatah Unity Pact 04/25/2014Arab League chief says Hamas-Fatah pact will assist Abbas "in facing all the pressures applied on him by Israel."
- Netanyahu: Hamas-Fatah Deal is a 'Blow to Peace' 04/24/2014Speaking to foreign media, Netanyahu vows he will not negotiate with the PA so long as it is part of a government with Hamas.
- Hamas 'Harvests IDF Heads' On Day of PA Unity Deal 04/24/2014Hamas TV shows fictional clip of sniper shooting IDF soldiers in head, brags 'our harvest is your heads.'
- Hillary, the Left-Wing Money Machine and a New IRS CrackdownThe hammer comes down on the Patrick Henry Center while the New Leviathan of leftist non-profits runs amok.
- Obama’s Muslim Easter and Willful IgnoranceGovernance by wishful thinking.
- Muslim Brotherhood Member Rapes Boy for Supporting Anti-Brotherhood RevolutionA targeted family experiences an unimaginable horror.
- Time for ConsequencesThe Palestinians publicly announce their embrace of terrorism -- and their true intentions in the "peace process."
- It’s Hard to See Racism When You’re a CollectivistAffirmative action is all about denying the individual.
- The Mullahs’ Response to UN Rep. Visa DenialHostage takers and treaty breakers complain that their rights are being abused.
- Rejecting the Boycotters at the Celebrate Israel ParadeClosing the communal tent to the promoters of Jew-hatred.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The Watchman Show: Why Events Happening 'Over There' Matter 04/16/2014On this week's edition of The Watchman, we're joined by a CBN News All-Star panel--Senior International Correspondent Gary Lane, Senior Editor John Waage and Jerusalem Bureau Chief Chris Mitchell--to discuss Russia, Iran, Syria, Turkey and why what happens internationally today will affect every American. Click play to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: The Israeli Solution 04/09/2014On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with Caroline Glick, author of the new book, The Israeli Solution, to discuss what Israel needs to do in the face of tremendous world pressure to establish a Palestinian state. We're also joined by Israel's Minister of the Economy Naftali Bennett, a rising star in Israeli politics. Plus, we s […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Turkey's Islamist Leader Takes NATO Ally on Downward Spiral 04/04/2014My latest report for CBN News aired today, focusing on the dangerous turn of Turkey--a NATO country that once enjoyed strong relations with the U.S. and Israel. Things are moving in the wrong direction big time under Turkey's radical Islamist Prime Minister Erdogan (who just banned YouTube and Twitter).> Click on viewer to watch:Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.6 - 94km S of Port Hardy, CanadaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - V Time2014-04-24 03:10:12 UTC2014-04-23 19:10:12 -08:00 at epicenterLocation49.846°N 127.444°WDepth11.40 km (7.08 mi)
- M 7.5 - 75km SW of Panguna, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII Time2014-04-19 13:27:59 UTC2014-04-19 23:27:59 +10:00 at epicenterLocation6.720°S 154.932°EDepth30.87 km (19.18 mi)
- M 6.6 - 59km SW of Panguna, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII Time2014-04-19 01:04:03 UTC2014-04-19 11:04:03 +10:00 at epicenterLocation6.679°S 155.085°EDepth24.40 km (15.16 mi)
- M 7.2 - 36km NNW of Tecpan de Galeana, MexicoPAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIII Time2014-04-18 14:27:26 UTC2014-04-18 09:27:26 -05:00 at epicenterLocation17.552°N 100.816°WDepth24.00 km (14.91 mi)
- M 6.9 - Bouvet Island regionPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I Time2014-04-15 03:57:02 UTC2014-04-15 04:57:02 +01:00 at epicenterLocation53.527°S 8.704°EDepth11.74 km (7.29 mi)
- Malaysia: Obama To ‘Honor Islam’ By Visiting Triumphal Mosque Built On Site Of Church
- Oregon: ‘Carloads’ Of Terrorists Turned Local Ranch Into Jihadist Training Camp
- Texas: Muslim Arrested For Making Terroristic Threats And Displaying Hoax Bomb After Four-Hour Standoff At Walmart
- Afghan Security Guard Shoot 3 American Doctors To Death At Christian Hospital
- Egypt: “Every Friday Is A Day Of Death” For Christians In Cairo
- The War Against Christians In Africa
- Islam’s Tenuous Connection To Jerusalem
- Mali: Islamist Group Announces Death Of French Hostage, “In The Name Of Allah, He Is Dead”
- German Rapper Converts To Islam, Falls In Love With Death, Dies In Syria For “Allah’s” Glory
- Islam’s Religious War With Everyone
- France: Muslim Man Enters Church, Unfolds Prayer Rug Near Altar, Prays Antichrist Prayer During Easter Service
- ‘Our Youngest Hostage’: Syrian Islamists Post Shocking Photo Of Tiny Christian Toddler, Guns Pointed At Head
- ‘Carnage’: Nigerian Islamists Burn Down Christian Church And Homes On Easter Sunday, Murder Over 150
- Egypt: Rate Of Christian Girls Abducted And Attacked By ‘Extremists’ On The Rise
- 17-Year-Old Girl Converts To Christianity, Is Promptly Beaten To Death By Her Muslim Father
- Again: Spectacular Fireball From Space Explodes Over Russian City (Video)
- Indeed Christ, Our Passover, Was Sacrificed For Us
- Pakistan: Yet Another Muslim Kills Yet Another Christian For Not Converting To Islam
- Central African Republic: Islamic Jihadists Murder Christian Priest, Mutilate His Corpse
- Uh-O Canada: Muslim Sheikh Claims That ‘Non-Agonizing’ Wife Beatings Are A-OK
- Austria: Teenage Muslim Girls Proclaim ‘Death Is Our Goal’ On Facebook, Promptly Run Away To Syria
- Malaysia: National Fatwa Council Forbids Muslims From Saying ‘Rest In Peace’ To Dead Christians
- Powerful 7.5 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Mexico City
- Nigeria: Islamic Jihadists Abduct 100 Schoolgirls As Sex Slaves
- Saudi Arabia Is Beginning To See The Writing On The Wall — And She Trembles
- Bangladesh: Christian Woman Gang-Raped By Muslim ‘Youths’, Police Would Rather Ignore It
- Tunisian Hackers Threaten The U.S. With A ‘Week Of Horror’ In July
- Slaughter In Nigeria — Where Is Obama’s State Department?
- The Ultimate Source Of Islamic Hate For Infidels
- British Woman Facing Execution For ‘Insulting’ Islam
- 1,203,212 Visitors Since March 2011