Sri Lanka: Unexplained ‘Red Rain’ Falling From The Sky Prompts Investigation
By Ridma Dissanayake, Daily News – “Rare showers of red rain fell for over 15 minutes in Sewanagala, Monaragala and Manampitiya,Polonnaruwa yesterday morning hours of yesterday and day before yesterday. According to Meteorology Department sources red rain fell heavily in these areas and the reason has not been found yet.
Red rain in Sewanagala and Manampitiya left red frost on the ground. This is the first time red rain was witnessed in Sri Lanka. The Health Ministry Secretary informed Medical Research Institute (MRI) Director Dr Anil Samaranayake to conduct a study to ascertain the reasons for red rain by taking water samples from Monaragala and Polonnaruwa.
Increase in the acidity of the air and sand storms are the usual reasons for red rain. However, there are no sand storms in Sri Lanka. India had red rain last year and Indian scientists discovered a variety of micro organisms as a reason for the rains. Since the micro organisms had no DNA, they guessed it had to be a strange phenomenon.
The MRI is carrying out research to find the exact reason for red rain in Sri Lanka.” Source – Daily News.
- Jordan Blames Israel, Jews for Temple Mount Riots - Again 04/16/2014Amman runs to UN Security Council over clashes at Judaism's holiest site, claim 'Jewish radicals' cause Muslim rioting.
- Al-Qaeda Group Threatens Canada, US in Viral Video 04/16/2014Terrorist from ISIS throws passport into fire as he vows revenge on US President Barack Obama.
- Clashes Erupt Between Jordan, Syria 04/16/2014Jordanian air force destroys armored Syrian vehicles on its northern borders. Is the conflict spilling over?
- First Documented Use of US Anti-Tank Weapons by Syrian Rebels 04/16/2014Experts say footage of BGM-71 TOW anti-tank rocket used by moderate rebel groups significant, but not a game-changer.
- Israel Suspends Meeting With PA Over Hevron Shooting 04/16/2014Meeting was scheduled to take place today to save crumbling peace talks.
- Mystery Gaza Blast Kills Three, Wounds Five 04/16/2014The blast took place at a training camp belonging to Hamas's armed wing east of the city of Khan Yunis.
- UN Chief Urges Netanyahu, Abbas, to Carry on Talks 04/15/2014Ban Ki-moon speaks to Israeli PM, Palestinian Authority chief individually in a bid to rescue collapsing talks.
- The IRS Scandal Blows Wide OpenUnearthed emails reveal Lois Lerner conspired with DOJ to criminally prosecute "political" groups.
- No Mere “Hate Crime”How the "hate crime" label diminishes the evils of anti-Semitism and Nazism.
- The Ultimate Source of Islamic Hate for InfidelsBehind the mob, behind the clerics.
- Islam and Human RightsWhy there can never be compatibility between the two.
- What the Left Did Last WeekThe Left's ongoing transformation of America.
- Brandeis’ Surrender to the Brotherhood on Ayaan Hirsi Ali — on The Glazov GangScholar of Islam, David Wood, takes us behind the scenes of a university's shameless surrender to Sharia.
- Obama’s School ‘Punishment Equality’ FollyThe racism of the Left is revealed in a new Department of Education policy.
- Global War on Christianity Is Violent And RealICC Note: Was the killing of a Dutch priest in Homs, Syria just an isolated incident? The reality is that his death, while just one of nearly 150,000 in the past three years in Syria, is also just one of many such incidents that are driven because of ones identification as a Christian. From a Coptic girl in Egypt, to a Dutch priest in Syria, and many, many m […]
- Lebanon Cardinal: Christians Not Persecuted Minority, But In Middle East FabricICC Note: Addressing the United Nations, Lebanese Cardinal Rai spoke about the realities confronting Christians in the Middle East. Rather than Christians being treated as a persecuted minority, a group that is somehow alien to the area, he pressed that Christians must be seen as a part of the Middle East fabric. They have suffered alongside of many others i […]
- David Cameron: ‘We Should Stand Up against Persecution of Christians’ICC Note: Speaking at an Easter event, British Prime Minister David Cameron raised the issue of Christian persecution. “It is the case that Christians are now the most persecuted religion around the world. “We should stand up against persecution of Christians and other faith groups wherever and whenever we can,” he told the audience including representatives […]
- Jihadists Are Embarking On ‘Final Solution’ In Middle EastICC Note: In a speech the day following the murder of a Dutch Priest who had served in Syria for decades, Lord Alton of Liverpool highlights the dangerous ideology that is driving targeted persecution of Christians across the Middle East. Syria has become the focal point of this crisis, one that could be framed in the language of a ‘Final Solution’, recallin […]
- Are Christians Persecuted in the Middle East?ICC Note: Are Christians Persecuted in the Middle East? It’s almost an unbelievable question for anyone who looks at the reports emerging from the region. This should not be understood to say that Christians are the only ones suffering. There are numerous causes of suffering and destruction that has affected so many across the region, and that has led to the […]
- Study Shows More Religious Violence in Less Religiously Diverse CountriesICC Note: A recent study has show that there are more incidents of religiously motivated violence in countries that lack religious diversity. Both Somalia and Afghanistan are among the least religiously diverse countries in the world and top the list for countries with the most religiously motivated incidents of violence. Across the Muslim world, Christians […]
- Ethnic Cleansing Could Lead to Mass Exodus of Middle East ChristiansICC Note: As religious and political leaders look at the trends from recent days, it is hard not fear that violence against Christians may continue to drive large numbers of them to seek refuge outside of their homelands. The level of violence has many looking back some 1300 or 1400 years to find a historical equivalent. Yet, far too often, when world leader […]
- The Watchman Show: Why Events Happening 'Over There' Matter 04/16/2014On this week's edition of The Watchman, we're joined by a CBN News All-Star panel--Senior International Correspondent Gary Lane, Senior Editor John Waage and Jerusalem Bureau Chief Chris Mitchell--to discuss Russia, Iran, Syria, Turkey and why what happens internationally today will affect every American. Click play to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: The Israeli Solution 04/09/2014On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with Caroline Glick, author of the new book, The Israeli Solution, to discuss what Israel needs to do in the face of tremendous world pressure to establish a Palestinian state. We're also joined by Israel's Minister of the Economy Naftali Bennett, a rising star in Israeli politics. Plus, we s […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Turkey's Islamist Leader Takes NATO Ally on Downward Spiral 04/04/2014My latest report for CBN News aired today, focusing on the dangerous turn of Turkey--a NATO country that once enjoyed strong relations with the U.S. and Israel. Things are moving in the wrong direction big time under Turkey's radical Islamist Prime Minister Erdogan (who just banned YouTube and Twitter).> Click on viewer to watch:Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.9 - Bouvet Island regionPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I Time2014-04-15 03:57:02 UTC2014-04-15 04:57:02 +01:00 at epicenterLocation53.527°S 8.704°EDepth11.74 km (7.29 mi)
- M 7.4 - 111km S of Kirakira, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VIII Time2014-04-13 12:36:18 UTC2014-04-13 23:36:18 +11:00 at epicenterLocation11.451°S 162.069°EDepth35.00 km (21.75 mi)
- M 7.6 - 100km SSE of Kirakira, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VIII Time2014-04-12 20:14:39 UTC2014-04-13 07:14:39 +11:00 at epicenterLocation11.315°S 162.211°EDepth29.31 km (18.21 mi)
- M 6.6 - 18km S of Nandaime, NicaraguaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - V Time2014-04-11 20:29:13 UTC2014-04-11 14:29:13 -06:00 at epicenterLocation11.591°N 86.040°WDepth135.00 km (83.89 mi)
- M 6.5 - 78km SW of Panguna, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII Time2014-04-11 08:16:48 UTC2014-04-11 18:16:48 +10:00 at epicenterLocation6.855°S 155.017°EDepth39.42 km (24.49 mi)
- Slaughter In Nigeria — Where Is Obama’s State Department?
- The Ultimate Source Of Islamic Hate For Infidels
- British Woman Facing Execution For ‘Insulting’ Islam
- Syrian Islamists Promise To ‘Destroy’ Canada After Fighting In The Middle East
- ‘We Must Eliminate The Cross’: New Video Shows Largest And Most Dangerous Al Qaeda Gathering In Years
- Nigeria: Abuja Bus Bomb That Killed At Least 71 May Have Been Targeting Christians
- Culture Of Death: Palestinian Girl Says Her Life’s Ambition Is To Be A Great Killer
- The Boston Globe: The Global War On Christianity Is Violent And Real
- Palestinian Mufti: We Will Either Live On The Land Or Be Buried In It As Martyrs
- Carl Gallups: Jews Coming To Yeshua (Jesus) At Wailing Wall, ‘There Is No Doubt That We Are Living In Prophetic Times’
- Passover Shame: Activists In Israel Say Hamas Has Conquered Temple Mount, Police Have ‘Lost Control’
- This Weekend In Nigeria: Islamists Massacre Students, Kill Hundreds Of ‘Infidels’ For Their Prophet
- Australia: Muslim Preacher Publicly Prays For Slaughter Of Non-Muslims, Authorities Say It’s OK
- India: Muslim Politician Says Rape Victims Should Be Hanged, ‘There Will Be Changes In The Law If We Come To Power’
- UK: Muslim Man Beheads Girlfriend After ‘Hearing Voices’ In His Head
- ‘Little Muslim Caliphates’: Native French Under Attack In Muslim-Controlled Parts Of France
- Denmark: Convert To Christianity Is Violently Attacked By Muslim At Asylum Center
- Uganda: Islamic Sheikh Converts To Christianity, Muslim Relatives Develop Sudden Urge To Kill Him
- Sweden: Police Attacked By 50 ‘Youths’ In Muslim-Dominated Area
- UN: When Palestinian Men Beat Their Wives, It’s Israel’s Fault
- Australia: Teen Girls Gang Raped, Media Leaves Out Revealing Details Concerning Identity Of Their Rapists
- And Hell Followed: Syria Is What Happens When Islam Wins
- Age Of Darkness: Sharia Law Is Gaining Ground Across The World
- ‘They Are Slaughtering Us Like Chickens’: Muslim Persecution Of Christians, December 2013
- China Official: Islamists Are Seeking To Ban Laughter At Weddings And Crying At Funerals
- Connecticut: Moroccan ‘Refugee’ Faking Political Persecution To Enter US Plotted To Bomb School, Fed Building
- New York: Woman Converts To Islam, Shocked To Discover She’s Now Considered Inferior To Men
- Obama’s Mideast Nightmare
- PA’s Top Negotiator: Hamas ‘Is Not And Never Was A Terror Group’
- 50 Reasons Why Islam’s Mohammad Was Not A Prophet
- 1,196,801 Visitors Since March 2011