Obama’s Department Of Justice Will Not Confirm If Free Speech Towards Religion Will Remain Legal In America
Recent calls by various leaders throughout the Islamic world to criminalize any and all speech that speaks out against Islam and its prophet make the video below all the more disconcerting. In July of this year, US Congressman Trent Franks posed a very simple and straightforward question to Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez, asking him to confirm that the Obama Administration’s Department of Justice would never “entertain or advance” any proposal criminalizing speech against any religion. Here was his “reply” …
- Muslim Father Kills Daughter Inside Church After She Converts To Christianity, Attacks Pastor wp.me/p1qlPa-6fd 3 days ago
- Syrian Regime Starving 'Palestinian Refugees', Says Amnesty 03/11/2014Syrian forces are committing war crimes in the Yarmouk camp, says Amnesty International in new report.
- Jordan Threatens 'Firm Measures' Over Judge's Death 03/11/2014Jordan says it will take “firm measures” against Israel in the wake of the death of a judge who was shot dead trying to carry out an attack.
- Fatah Officer Shot Dead in Lebanon 03/11/2014Jamil Zeidan, a high-ranking military official from Abbas’s Fatah faction, killed by gunmen in a "refugee camp" in southern Lebanon.
- Israelis on a Cruise Refused Entry to Tunisia 03/11/2014Israeli tourists aboard a cruise ship prevented from entering Tunisia during a port call, due to "a procedural problem."
- Fatah Backs Abbas's Refusal to Recognize Israel 03/10/2014The Revolutionary Council of Fatah backs Abbas's "refusal to recognize the Jewishness of the State of Israel."
- Hezbollah Suffers Severe Losses in Syria 03/10/2014120 Hezbollah fighters reported dead in the last several weeks of fighting over rebel-held town Yabroud.
- Fatah Official: We Have Not Ruled Out Military Options 03/10/2014Senior Fatah official tells Hezbollah television that a violent struggle against Israel isn't out of the question.
- The Incoherence of Western Foreign PolicyWhen a delusional set of ideals collides with a dangerous world of aggressive regimes.
- Why Make Light of PLO Non-Recognition of Israel?Proof that Obama's pursuit of the peace process is in the interest of discrediting Israel.
- The Left’s War on HorsesThe left doesn’t just hate people; it also hates our four-legged friends.
- The Parade of ObamaCare Lies Marches OnWhat's hiding behind the administration's statistics on the "newly insured."
- Oliver Stone Does VenezuelaThe PR king of government oppression.
- The Left Versus MinoritiesHow progressives are systematically destroying the only schools that give underprivileged kids a chance.
- The Black Book of the American Left: Volume 2 — The ProgressivesA Frontpage Exclusive with David Horowitz about the just-released second volume of his collected conservative writings.
- Congress Hears Testimony on ‘Flagrant’ Christian Persecution in Middle EastICC Note: Lawmakers listened to testimony from experts and religious leaders highlighting the persecution of Christians that is rampant across the Middle East. As a representative from the Vatican stated, Arab Christians “find themselves the target of constant harassment for no reason other than their religious faith.” The United States has an important role […]
- Report: 9 out of 10 Top Christian Persecution Countries Due to Islamic ExtremismICC Note: In the latest report highlighting the status of Christian persecution around the world, 9 out of the top 10 countries are Muslim majority states, and Islamic extremism is the primary cause of their persecution of Christians. North Korea again holds the spot at #1 for the worst persecutor of Christians, but behind that it is Islamic extremism that i […]
- Reported Christian ‘Martyr’ Deaths Double in 2013ICC Note: A newly released study documents that more than 2,100 Christians were killed as “martyr’s” in 2013. The greatest increase was seen in Syria. With a reported 1,213 deaths, Syria alone eclipsed the global total of 1,201 from 2012. The report is intentionally narrow in its definition of “martyr” and tries to distinguish between Christians killed in th […]
- Why Christians Are Crucial to the Middle East’s FutureICC Note: The following interview with Thomas Farr, director of the Religious Freedom Project at Georgetown University, provides important insight into why Christians play such an important role in the Middle East and how the promotion of religious freedom and the protection of Christians specifically is in the best interests of all peoples in the Middle Eas […]
- Persecution of Christians: No Room at the InnICC Note: Slowly across the Western world we are seeing more and more political and thought leaders awake to the reality of Christian persecution, and the massive scale on which it is taking place across the Middle East. The horrific abuses have been largely ignored for a number of reasons from “political correctness,” fear of “doing God” in public, or takin […]
- Christians Face Growing Intolerance, Persecution: Future Impact will be TroublingICC Note: The importance of the highlighting the religious persecution in the Middle East is slowly creeping into the national consciousness. It is an issue that needs to be confronted now, as its seeds will bear disastrous fruits in years to come. As this article highlights, “The silence of Western governments about this phenomenon and its primary cause – t […]
- Once Protected, Christians have Become Fair Game in Iraq and SyriaICC Note: The intentional targeting of Christians in Syria and Iraq has taken a tragic turn as radical Islamist organizations are seeking to drive them out to advance the cause of establishing an Islamic state. In Syria, where there remains an active conflict, there have been five Christian schools attacked in just the past few days a Syrian parliamentarian […]
- Stakelbeck Interview with Ron Dermer, Israeli Ambassador to the U.S. 03/05/2014My report on Israel's new ambassador to the U.S., Ron Dermer, aired yesterday on The 700 Club. I interviewed Dermer last week on a number of issues, with a particular focus on the Iran threat and Israel’s strong relationship with American Christians. He is a Miami native who attended the University of Pennsylvania and eventually rose to become Israeli P […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Odds, Ends and Upcoming Pro-Israel Interviews and Events 02/28/2014It's been a busy week here at Watchman headquarters (a.k.a. CBN's Washington, D.C., bureau). I actually left The Bunker over the weekend of Feb. 21 to head down to the annual NRB convention in Nashville. While I was there, I had a chance to network with several leaders in Christian media. I also sat down with Israel's new ambassador to the Uni […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: America, Israel and What's Coming 02/18/2014On this week’s edition of The Watchman, we're joined by White House correspondent Bill Koenig and Bible prophecy expert Bill Salus to discuss the America-Israel relationship, the Iran threat, and what the Bible says about it. Click play to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.4 - East of the South Sandwich IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I DYFI? - I Time2014-03-11 02:44:05 UTC2014-03-11 01:44:05 -01:00 at epicenterLocation60.839°S 19.957°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 6.8 - 77km WNW of Ferndale, CaliforniaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VI Time2014-03-10 05:18:13 UTC2014-03-09 21:18:13 -08:00 at epicenterLocation40.829°N 125.134°WDepth16.60 km (10.31 mi)
- M 5.3 - 31km S of Villa Alemana, ChileDYFI? - VITime2014-03-06 04:37:06 UTC2014-03-06 01:37:06 -03:00 at epicenterLocation33.328°S 71.373°WDepth58.93 km (36.62 mi)
- M 6.3 - 262km ESE of Sola, VanuatuPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IIITime2014-03-05 09:56:58 UTC2014-03-05 20:56:58 +11:00 at epicenterLocation14.735°S 169.822°EDepth636.76 km (395.66 mi)
- M 6.5 - 110km NW of Nago, JapanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - V Time2014-03-02 20:11:22 UTC2014-03-03 04:11:22 +08:00 at epicenterLocation27.405°N 127.335°EDepth111.18 km (69.08 mi)
- 1,169,005 Visitors Since March 2011