Contagion: Islamic Violence, Protests Spreads In UK, Tunisia, Sudan, Nigeria, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, India, Germany, Australia …
“TRIPOLI, Lebanon (Reuters) – One demonstrator was killed and two others were wounded in clashes with security forces in the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli on Friday in protests over a film insulting the Muslim Prophet Mohammad and against the pope’s visit to Lebanon.
A security source said the man was killed as protesters tried to storm a government building. Earlier, a U.S. fast food restaurant was set alight. Twelve members of the security forces were wounded by stones thrown by protesters, the source said.
The U.S.-made film has sparked violent protests in Libya, where the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans were killed, and in Egypt, Yemen and Sudan and there are fears the demonstrations could spread to other Muslim countries.” Read more.
CNN Live Blog – “Several protests stemming at least in part from an anti-Islam film produced in the United States are unfolding outside U.S. embassies around the world…
In Tunisia, protesters have scaled a U.S. Embassy gate and set fire to cars on the property, a journalist there says. In Egypt, the influential Muslim Brotherhood canceled nationwide protests planned for Friday, but a running battle between police and protesters in Cairo continued into its fourth day…
Nigerian military and police fired shots to disperse a crowd of protesters in the city of Jos, an eyewitness said.
About 2,000 people protesting the anti-Islamic film gathered at a central mosque, and security forces intervened when the crowd started moving toward the city center…
– In Afghanistan, hundreds of demonstrators in the eastern Nangarhar province burned a U.S. flag and chanted ‘Death to America’ and ‘We condemn the film.’ The demonstration lasted about an hour and ended peacefully, a local official said. The Afghan government has ordered an indefinite block of YouTube to prevent people there from watching the clips and staging violent protests.
– In Baghdad, Iraq, hundreds of followers of the radical Shiite Muslim cleric Muqtada al-Sadr chanted ‘No to America, no to Israel.’
– In Jerusalem, Palestinians marched from the al-Aqsa mosque toward the U.S. Consulate, but were prevented from reaching the mission by Israeli riot forces.
– In Syria, hundreds gathered outside the U.S. Embassy in Damascus. Protesters waved placards that condemned the film and blamed the U.S. administration for allowing the production and broadcast of it, according to the state-run Syrian Arab News Agency.
– In Iran, the Islamic Propagation Coordination Council called for nationwide rallies Friday to protest the film and what it is calling a U.S.-backed plot against Muslims, according to the state-run IRNA news agency.” Read more.
- Recommended: The Mark of the Beast – What Your Church May Not Be Telling You
- Recommended: A Few Simple Questions for Muslim Visitors
Mob Gathers Outside U.S. Embassy in London, Burns American Flag
Muslim Protest in Sydney Australia Turns Violent