Colorado: First Anthrax Outbreak In 31 Years Kills Dozens Of Cows On Logan County Ranch
Last week, 60 cows died on a Logan County ranch, where anthrax was positively identified in one animal. Officials say it’s likely they all died of the disease.
The Colorado Department of Agriculture said Wednesday the additional cows were on two separate adjacent ranches. Both died from the disease.
State Veterinarian Keith Roehr said all three ranches involved share fences and the new cases likely are the result of cows grazing in an area with soil containing anthrax spores.
Neighboring herds have been vaccinated. No cows left the affected ranches so none entered the food supply and no human infection has been reported, Roehr said.
Anthrax kills livestock within hours of infection and can decimate herds if animals are not quickly treated, he said.
Anthrax is caused by a bacterium that forms in spores and can lie dormant in soil for decades until ingested. Humans get anthrax most commonly through direct contact with infected animals usually when spores get into a cut or abrasion on the skin. Without treatment it can be fatal, but early treatment with antibiotics is very effective.” Read more.
- Report: Hamas Arrests Female 'Spy' for Israel 12/22/2014Alleged agent tasked with revealing terrorists' hideouts same website claims Israel 'spying on women' through hidden cameras.
- Muslim Scholar Calls for Jewish Place of Worship on Temple Mount 12/22/2014Jordanian Salafi cleric makes surprising ruling, notes Jewish presence pre-Islam and says 'Israelites' should thus be given a right to pray.
- Vote on PA's Anti-Israel Resolution Likely to be Postponed 12/22/2014Diplomatic sources say that the PA, understanding that there's little support for its resolution, will work to change the text.
- Secularist Candidate Declares Victory in Tunisian Elections 12/22/2014Tunisia's Beji Caid Essebsi, who served under former dictator Ben Ali, claims victory in second round of presidential election.
- India Considering Changing Pro-Palestinian Stance at UN 12/22/2014India, which enjoys ties with Israel, reportedly considering starting to abstain in UN votes related to the Palestinian Authority.
- Syria Claims to Have Downed Israeli Drone 12/21/2014Arab media reports that Syria downed an Israeli drown near Quneitra. IDF: We don't respond to foreign reports.
- Iran’s IRGC 'Massacring' Iraqi Sunnis It 'Saves' from ISIS 12/21/2014Iraq’s Grand Mufti accuses IRGC, Iraqi government, Shiite militias of genocide and rape of Sunnis they 'liberated' from ISIS.
- The Democratic Party Killed Two Cops in New YorkLynch mobs have consequences.
- American Tragedies and American DreamsThe Michael Brown and Eric Garner verdicts and the future of African-American youth.
- Bill Whittle: We’re Number TwoA Truth Revolt video.
- Obama: Against Free Speech Before He Was For ItAs long as Muslims aren’t offended, he’s a free speech champion.
- Islamic Human Sex-Trafficking — on The Glazov GangDr. Mark Durie explains why ISIS's new sex-slave pamphlet references Islamic texts.
- Obama Comes to Castro’s RescueThe U.S. becomes the new patron of a monstrous communist regime.
- Turkey: Erdogan vs. GulenA struggle between titans for the hearts and minds of the Turks.
- A Review of the Boko Haram Insurgency in NigeriaICC Note: The Economist gives a brief synopsis of Boko Haram, a radical Islamic insurgency that has waged a campaign of terror against Christians across Nigeria's north since for nearly a decade in pursuit of a separate Islamic state to be ruled by Sharia law. 11/20/2014 Nigeria (The Economist) - For the past five years an Islamic extremist group call […]
- False Case against Christian Converts Heard in Federal CourtEthiopian Federal Court Hears Case against Two Wrongfully Accused Christian Converts By Cameron Thomas, Regional Manager for Africa 11/14/2014 Washington, D.C. (International Christian Concern) – Wednesday, two Christian converts from Islam—Obsa Ogeto, 32, and Soka Araro, 31—appeared in the Oromiya Region Federal Court of Ethiopia on charges of growing and d […]
- Boko Haram Militants Reportedly Seize Control of ChibokICC Note: According to eye witnesses, Boko Haram militants have waged a successful attack on Chibok, a remote town in Nigeria's north-easternmost state of Borno, taking over the town after inflicting an unknown number of casualties. The site of the now-infamous mass-abduction by Boko Haram militants of 276 schoolgirls (more than 220 of whom are alleged […]
- Christians Express Support for a Nigerian Truce with Boko HaramICC Note: The Christian Association of Nigeria has expressed its support of a cessation of hostilities between radical Islamic insurgency, Boko Haram, and the Nigerian federal government announced Friday by Chief of the Defense Staff, Alex Badeh. Reportedly breached by both militants and the Nigerian military in a number of skirmishes Saturday and Sunday, ex […]
- Chaldean Archbishop: a Mideast Without Christians?ICC Note: Speaking to a gathering of Middle Eastern Church leaders, Chaldean Archbishop Meram expressed his concern and support for Christians across the Middle East. In recent months jihadi militants “have violently purged cities in Iraq and Syria of their Christian and other minorities.” The issue though is one that has been building for years as Christian […]
- Boko Haram Violates Alleged Truce with Nigerian State, Claims Town for CaliphateICC Note: Following the announcement of a truce between the radical Islamic insurgency, Boko Haram, and the Nigerian government—against which it has fought for more than a decade for a separate Islamic state in the Nigerian north—militants belonging to the terrorist network reportedly attacked two towns, slaughtering innocents before claiming a third town fo […]
- Senior-level Nigerian Officials Allege Imminent Release of Kidnapped SchoolgirlsICC Note: Following the abduction of more than 300 schoolgirls—ages 14 to 19—from the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, Nigeria by that of the radical Islamic insurgency Boko Haram, talks began between government officials and senior members of the terrorist network over a potential prisoner swap for the release of those still in captivity. Saturd […]
- Merry Christmas from The Watchman 12/22/2014I'll be out of the office for a few days celebrating Christmas (and finishing up my new book about ISIS) but will return before the New Year is out. In the meantime, wishing a Merry Christmas to everyone and much joy as we celebrate the birth of our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.Erick Stakelbeck
- Report: Minnesota's Terror Pipeline to the Islamic State 12/16/2014Click play below to watch my latest report for CBN News, filmed recently in Minneapolis—on how the Twin Cities’ large Somali immigrant community is becoming a terrorist pipeline to ISIS in the Middle East.Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: Israel a Safe Haven for Middle East Christians 12/10/2014On this week's edition of The Watchman, we sit down with Father Gabriel Naddaf, head of the Greek Orthodox Church in Yafia, outside Nazareth, to discuss how Christians are thriving in Israel while being persecuted in the Muslim lands of the Middle East.Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.6 - 157km WNW of Tobelo, IndonesiaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VTime2014-12-21 11:34:14 UTC2014-12-21 19:34:14 +08:00 at epicenterLocation2.126°N 126.652°EDepth54.65 km (33.96 mi)
- M 6.6 - 20km ESE of Punta de Burica, PanamaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - V Time2014-12-08 08:54:52 UTC2014-12-08 03:54:52 -05:00 at epicenterLocation7.969°N 82.694°WDepth20.00 km (12.43 mi)
- M 6.8 - 116km WSW of Panguna, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V Time2014-12-07 01:22:00 UTC2014-12-07 11:22:00 +10:00 at epicenterLocation6.537°S 154.455°EDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 6.6 - 108km WSW of Sangay, PhilippinesPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - ITime2014-12-02 05:11:31 UTC2014-12-02 13:11:31 +08:00 at epicenterLocation6.094°N 123.125°EDepth614.00 km (381.52 mi)
- M 4.7 - 12km N of Sedona, ArizonaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VTime2014-12-01 05:57:38 UTC2014-11-30 22:57:38 -07:00 at epicenterLocation34.977°N 111.740°WDepth10.22 km (6.35 mi)
- The Qur’an And Unending, Obligatory War Against The Non-Muslim World
- Nigeria: Massive Deaths And Injuries Reported After “Religion Of Peace” Killers Attack Mosque For Resisting Terrorism
- Missouri: Two Converts To Islam Charged With Plotting To Blow Up Gateway Arch, Kill Prosecutor And Ferguson Police Chief
- “They May Go After Christians”: US Reportedly “Alarmed” By The Rate At Which ISIS Is Spreading Into Northern Africa
- Pakistan: Muslims Expel All Christians From Village
- “They Even Cut The Throats Of The Babies”: Yazidi Survivors Share How They Lost Their Families To ISIS
- “Convert To Islam Or Be Killed”: Before Being Beheaded The Children Told ISIS, “No, We Love Jesus”
- Cries Of “Allah Is Greater!” Blare From Mosques After ISIS Blows Up Christian Church In Mosul
- Australia: Teenage ISIS Supporter Abuses Christian School Students
- Islamic State Has “Sleeper Cells Over Here … Preparing To Unleash Their War In Europe”
- ISIS Boy’s Street Sermon: Killing People And Being Killed Is Better Than Chasing Girls
- ISIS Caliphate Issues Friendly Reminder To Remaining Christians: Convert To Islam, Pay Extortion Tax, Or Die A Horrible Death
- Palestinian Preacher: May Allah Annihilate America And Its Coalition And “Enable Us To Cut Off Their Heads”
- New Palestinian Hit Song: “Massive Armies Are Advancing On Jerusalem … May Our Convoy Die As Martyrs”
- Afghanistan: Body Parts And Chunks Of Flesh From 50 Spectators Spread Islam At Volleyball Game After Suicide Bomber Visit
- ISIS Fighters: The Spread Of Islam Requires Body Parts And Chunks Of Flesh
- Oklahoma: Muslim Attacks Christian With Knife, Says Muslims Need To “Step Up” Beheadings
- Congo: Islamists Massacre Up To 80 With Axes And Machetes
- Nigeria: Islamists Slaughter 48 Fish Vendors For The Cause Of “Allah”
- Kenya: Islamists Hijack Bus And Kill Dozens Of Non-Muslims On Board
- Muslims Chant To Remove Jesus At Washington’s National Cathedral “Like A Chilling Scene From A Last Days, Anti-Christ-Takes-Over-The-World Disaster Movie”
- Sea Of Blood: Four Sunni Muslim Groups Responsible For 66% Of All 17,958 Terror Killings In 2013
- ISIS Killers From France Call Upon Muslims Back Home To Kill Westerners: “Poison” Their Food And “Crush” Them Under Cars
- Lying Wonders: Apocalyptic Islamic “Prophecies” Are Fueling The Rise Of The ISIS Caliphate
- PA President Advisor Blesses “The Wheels Of Your Cars, Your Axes And Kitchen Knives” In The Cause Of Allah
- Kuwait: Muslim Man Beats Wife To Death With Stick For Getting Pregnant Without His Permission
- Erdogan: Turkey Is “The Hope Of The Whole Region” And Will Be The Architect Of A New Middle East
- Pakistan: Remorse-Free Muslim Father Murders Daughter, Says He Was “Compelled To Kill Her As She Wanted To Marry For Love”
- Obama: ISIS Beheadings “Represent No Faith, Least Of All The Muslim Faith”
- Israel Eases Gun Restrictions After Muslims Slaughter 4 At Jerusalem “Mosque”, Palestinians Celebrate Murders
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,768,753 Visitors Since March 2011