North Carolina: Charlotte Investigating Scores Of Baffling Fish Deaths In Briar Creek, Water Quality Tests Normal
The city discovered the dead fish in Briar Creek near Chantilly Park on Monday after several people reported it to the city’s Storm Water Services Department.
‘All of our water quality tests are normal,’ said Jennifer Frost with Storm Water Services. ‘The heavy amount of rainfall we’ve seen this week has helped clean out whatever was there.’
Frost said there are no water advisories in effect for the creek or its surrounding tributaries.
Frost said the city typically sees large amounts of dead fish when oxygen levels in the water become too low. This can occur naturally or from a chemical introduced into the water, Frost said.
The nearly 3 inches of rain that has fallen in the area since Monday has caused oxygen levels in the water to increase, making it difficult to trace what the cause of the kill was.
‘Our crews found no odor or discoloration in the water,’ Frost said.
Frost said there are no water advisories in effect for the creek or its surrounding tributaries.
The creek runs just of the park under Monroe Road and E. Independence Boulevard.” Source – WBTV.com.
- Religiously Sanctioned Nazism: Islamic State Officially Bans Christians From Schools wp.me/p1qlPa-6RZ 2 days ago
- Iran Arrests 11 Over SMS Messages Insulting Ayatollah Khomeini 09/22/2014In latest crackdown on free speech Iranian authorities announce arrests after trawling through instant messaging networks.
- Jordan Claims It's 'Secure,' Even As ISIS Infiltrates 09/22/2014King Abdullah tells CBS his country's borders are safe from ISIS, the same day 11 ISIS members arrested in the kingdom.
- Abbas Says 'Peace' With Hamas Will Stop Terror 09/22/2014After meeting Hollande, Abbas says 'struggle against terror' will be aided by Israeli 'peace' with terror group.
- Gaza Truce Nears End but War Not Expected 09/22/2014One-month ceasefire agreed August 26 ends Wednesday, but Gaza is in deep trouble and can't afford more fighting.
- Mashaal: Disarmament Isn't Open for Negotiations 09/22/2014Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal rejects Israel's demand that Gaza be demilitarized, says weapons "are for fighting the occupying enemy."
- PA Ambassador: Israelis Must Return to Their Countries of Origin 09/22/2014PA's ambassador to Tehran says that Israelis, with the exception of "Palestinian Jews", must return to their countries of origin.
- Egyptian Host: I Can Understand Suicide Bombings in Israel 09/22/2014Egyptian host says that she does not condone suicide bombings, but can perhaps understand when they happen in Israel.
- Hillary’s $100 Million Hollywood MakeoverWhat it takes to give "Madame Secretary" a human face.
- Bill Whittle: Obama Is Bush LiteA Truth Revolt video.
- The Cause of Black Violence in Ferguson SchoolsThe Left points the finger at white teachers.
- Daniel Greenfield on “ISIS Rising” — on The Glazov GangThe Freedom Center's Shillman Journalism Fellow analyzes Obama's policy of fighting terrorists by arming terrorists.
- Unity With the PersecutedSenator Ted Cruz and Author Eric Metaxas at the “In Defense of Christians” Summit.
- The Battle Over Israel’s ‘Etzion Bloc’How the Obama administration continues its bullying of the Jewish State.
- Daniel Pearl’s Family Stands Against Anti-Semitism at the MetProtests kick off against the pro-terrorist opera, "The Death of Klinghoffer."
- Investigation Launched into Claim that Boko Haram Leader, Abu Shekau, Is DeadICC Note: According to PRNigeria, a public relations consulting firm responsible for shaping the public image of Nigeria's security forces has stated it believes the man that has portrayed Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, was killed in a battle between security forces and militants in Konduga late last week. Though, it has also stated that the Nigeri […]
- #WeAreN: The Invisibility Of Holy Land ChristiansICC Note: The vast majority of American Christians know very little about the Christians of the Middle East. Far too often to be from the Middle East is equated only with being Arab and Muslim. The reality of these lands as the birthplace of Christianity, and the existence of churches in the nearly 2,000 years since then is almost completely forgotten. As th […]
- There is Nothing ISIS Has Done in Iraq that Boko Haram Hasn’t AlreadyICC Note: For years Boko Haram, a radical Islamic insurgency, has plagued minority Christian communities across north Nigeri. In 2014, Boko Haram has murdered more than 1,700 Christians, abducted more than 300 schoolgirls (90% of whom have been identified as professed Christians), set-up toll booths for terrorism, and declared towns under its control for the […]
- Two Pastors Murdered in Massacre of More than 100 Central African CiviliansICC Note: Two pastors in the Central African republic have been killed, along with more than 100 civilians, by members of Seleka, a radical Islamic coalition force that over through the Central African government in March of last year, and that maintained power until being ousted in December. The massacre follows United Nations peacekeepers taking over respo […]
- Red Cross Confirms Talks to Swap Boko Haram Militants for the Chibok GirlsICC Note: Reports confirm that the International Committee of the Red Cross is involved in sit-down meetings between the Nigerian government and a senior Boko Haram commander to negotiate a prisoner swap for the 219 Chibok girls reportedly still in captivity. On the night of April 14th, Boko Haram militants mass-abducted more than 300 schoolgirls from the go […]
- UN Takes Over Peacekeeping in the Central African RepublicICC Note: Monday, United Nations (UN) peacekeepers began the process of taking over the mission in the Central African Republic from their African Union counterparts. Even with the deployment of an additional 1,800 troops, the force will only comprise about 65% of the authorized force number of 12,000. For months, Christians and Muslims have exchanged tit-fo […]
- “What ISIS has done in Iraq, Boko Haram is doing in Nigeria”ICC Note: Following Boko Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau's declaration late last month that militant-held areas of northeast Nigeria were now part of the Islamic caliphate, Boko Haram has reportedly burned down churches, beheaded Christian men, enslaved Christian women and forcefully converted Christian children to Islam. For years Boko Haram, a radical Is […]
- The Watchman Show: Silent Conquest of the West 09/12/2014On this weeks edition of The Watchman, we sit down with Frank Gaffney of the Center for Security Policy to discuss the new documentary film "Silent Conquest," which examines the global push to shut down free speech about Islamic jihad. We also examine President Obama's policy of reaching out to America's enemies and go on the ground in Lo […]Erick Stakelbeck
- On 700 Club Interactive: The Islamist Threat to America 09/06/2014I appeared on 700 Club Interactive with Gordon Robertson today discussing the inroads radical Islamists have made in Europe and the United States, and why we should be so concerned about the rise of ISIS. My Q and A with Gordon is preceded by an excellent on-the-ground report from my CBN News colleague Dale Hurd. Click play to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- Embracing Enemies: The Dangers of Engaging Rogue Regimes 09/04/2014Dialogue and diplomacy would always work in a perfect world. Unfortunately, we live in a very imperfect world where evil is running rampant. From Iran to Putin's Russia to the Taliban, President Obama doesn't seem to realize this--he wants to make nice with the worst of the worst. My latest report for CBN explores this dangerous strategy: featuring […]Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.7 - 45km NW of Piti Village, GuamPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - V Time2014-09-17 06:14:46 UTC2014-09-17 16:14:46 +10:00 at epicenterLocation13.756°N 144.397°EDepth136.70 km (84.94 mi)
- M 3.9 - 3km W of American Canyon, CaliforniaShakeMap - III DYFI? - VTime2014-08-26 12:33:16 UTC2014-08-26 05:33:16 -07:00 at epicenterLocation38.178°N 122.302°WDepth12.30 km (7.64 mi)
- M 6.8 - 43km ENE of Tambo, PeruPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - VI Time2014-08-24 23:21:45 UTC2014-08-24 18:21:45 -05:00 at epicenterLocation14.598°S 73.570°WDepth101.00 km (62.76 mi)
- M 6.0 - 6km NW of American Canyon, CaliforniaPAGER - RED ShakeMap - IX DYFI? - VIII Time2014-08-24 10:20:44 UTC2014-08-24 03:20:44 -07:00 at epicenterLocation38.216°N 122.312°WDepth11.25 km (6.99 mi)
- M 6.4 - 23km WNW of Hacienda La Calera, ChilePAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIIITime2014-08-23 22:32:23 UTC2014-08-23 18:32:23 -04:00 at epicenterLocation32.695°S 71.442°WDepth32.00 km (19.88 mi)
- Religiously Sanctioned Nazism: Islamic State Officially Bans Christians From Schools
- Islamic Scholar: Barack Obama Is Dead Wrong About Islamic State, “They Are True Muslims”
- US Secretary Of State Kerry Suggests Iran Could Lead Fight Against ISIS If US “Fails Miserably”
- ISIS Caliphate Bans Sports, Social Studies And Math For Syrian Children
- Syrian Child Soldier: “I’ve Gotten Used To Killing Soldiers”
- Report: Four Middle Easterners With “Known Ties To Terrorists” Captured On Southern Texas Border On September 10th
- “Brace Yourselves”: ISIS Terrorists Are Being Monitored In West Virginia
- Australia: Islamic State Ordered “Demonstration Killings” Of Non-Muslims
- Australia: Muslims Planned To Publicly Behead Random Citizens To Demonstrate The Reach Of ISIS
- A Match Made In Hell: Boko Haram And ISIS Form Alliance
- Australia: Muslims Drive By Church, Threaten To “Kill The Christians” And Slaughter Their Children
- ISIS Terrorist: “We Are A People Who Love Death … Who Love Drinking Blood” Of Enemies
- ISIS Orders All Christian Business Assets Over To Islamic State, Turns Christian Homes Into Bomb Factories
- Israel: Archaeologists Discover Crescent-Shaped “Moon God Monument” For The Ancient Mideast Moon God “Sin”
- ISIS Sympathizers Threaten To Bomb Times Square After Islamic State Encourages “Lone Wolf” Attacks
- Nigeria’s [Cr]ISIS: “Most Of Our Churches Have Been Destroyed And Our Pastors Are Scattered”
- Turkish President Erdogan Encourages Muslim Brotherhood Leaders To Move To Turkey
- Rumors Of [Don't Call It] War: Top US Military Leader Opens Door To American Boots On Ground In ISIS Fight
- “Humanitarian Catastrophe”: US State Dep’t Orders 160,000 Hazmat Suits As CDC Warns “Now Is Time To Prepare For Ebola”
- Hush, Hush: Feds Find Anti-Israel Terror Banner Draped Over Southern Border Fence
- We’ve Found Muslim Clothing, Qurans: Texas Sheriff Warns Of ISIS Terrorists Entering US, “The Border Is Wide Open”
- Former Muslim Terrorist: Does Moderate Islam Truly Exist?
- Sick: Lebanese Muslim “Amused” By Terrified Little Children He Threatens To Behead
- Report: Graphic ISIS Videos Of Murder And Mayhem Are Inspiring Jihadists Around The World
- Messianic Pastor In Jerusalem: Armageddon Is Approaching
- ISIS Terrorist: “You Cannot Imagine The Pleasure You Get From Cutting Off A Baby’s Head”
- Former Muslim To President Obama: “I Can Tell You, With Confidence, That ISIL Speaks For Islam”
- Saudi Arabia: Bibles And Musical Instruments Confiscated After Dozens Of Christians Arrested For Behaving Like … Christians
- Catholic Cardinal McCarrick Embraces Islam
- “A Message To The Allies Of America”: British Hostage David Haines Beheaded By ISIS Terrorists
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,628,121 Visitors Since March 2011