North Carolina: Charlotte Investigating Scores Of Baffling Fish Deaths In Briar Creek, Water Quality Tests Normal
The city discovered the dead fish in Briar Creek near Chantilly Park on Monday after several people reported it to the city’s Storm Water Services Department.
‘All of our water quality tests are normal,’ said Jennifer Frost with Storm Water Services. ‘The heavy amount of rainfall we’ve seen this week has helped clean out whatever was there.’
Frost said there are no water advisories in effect for the creek or its surrounding tributaries.
Frost said the city typically sees large amounts of dead fish when oxygen levels in the water become too low. This can occur naturally or from a chemical introduced into the water, Frost said.
The nearly 3 inches of rain that has fallen in the area since Monday has caused oxygen levels in the water to increase, making it difficult to trace what the cause of the kill was.
‘Our crews found no odor or discoloration in the water,’ Frost said.
Frost said there are no water advisories in effect for the creek or its surrounding tributaries.
The creek runs just of the park under Monroe Road and E. Independence Boulevard.” Source – WBTV.com.
- Syria Submits 'Specific' List of Chemical Weapons to OPCW 04/18/2014'Discrepancies' were found in the original list Syria provided to the joint mission, officials claim, amidst rumors of more attacks.
- Abbas Denies Condemning Hevron Murder 04/18/2014Abbas's office rushes to deny reports by leftist MKs that he condemned murder, quotes him as 'opposing violence' in general.
- Fifth Canadian Reported Killed Fighting in Syrian Civil War 04/18/2014Syrian Army kills six foreign nationals in special army operation - including one Westerner. What does this mean for Canada?
- Iran has Cut Its 20%-Enriched Uranium by Half, UN Says 04/17/2014Progress in commissioning a nuclear conversion plant has been delayed, Reuters reported. US unfreezes $450M of Iranian funds.
- More than 12 Dead in Iraq Gun Battles 04/17/2014Sunni guerrillas attacked an army position in Mosul region, with elections less than 2 weeks away.
- Jordan Blames Israel, Jews for Temple Mount Riots - Again 04/16/2014Amman runs to UN Security Council over clashes at Judaism's holiest site, claim 'Jewish radicals' cause Muslim rioting.
- Al-Qaeda Group Threatens Canada, US in Viral Video 04/16/2014Terrorist from ISIS throws passport into fire as he vows revenge on US President Barack Obama.
- Where Does Naomi Wolf’s Hypocrisy End, Or Does It?By calling Phyllis Chesler a Zionist agent, Naomi Wolf shows herself to be a sad emblem of the pathetic state of the Left and of its pseudo feminist wing: ignorant, arrogant, bigoted, anti-Semitic, anti-American and an embarrassing fifth column for the Islamic barbarians of the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas.
- Anti-Semitic Violence, Neo-Nazis and the Anti-Israel LeftHow the Anti-Israel left contributed to the Kansas City attack.
- Diplomatic Breakthrough on Ukraine or More Russian Lies?Why odds for a successful deal are not likely.
- The Disappearance of US WillAmerica retreats -- and the world becomes more dangerous than ever.
- Hiding ObamaCare Data with the Census BureauHow Obama is making long-term comparisons of the bureau's health care statistics impossible.
- Does Tax Refund Fraud Benefit Democrats?A disturbing look at who appears to be the biggest profiteer.
- Snitchgate — Sharpton Is Still LyingThe real reason the MSNBC host "cooperated" with the FBI.
- Global War on Christianity Is Violent And RealICC Note: Was the killing of a Dutch priest in Homs, Syria just an isolated incident? The reality is that his death, while just one of nearly 150,000 in the past three years in Syria, is also just one of many such incidents that are driven because of ones identification as a Christian. From a Coptic girl in Egypt, to a Dutch priest in Syria, and many, many m […]
- Lebanon Cardinal: Christians Not Persecuted Minority, But In Middle East FabricICC Note: Addressing the United Nations, Lebanese Cardinal Rai spoke about the realities confronting Christians in the Middle East. Rather than Christians being treated as a persecuted minority, a group that is somehow alien to the area, he pressed that Christians must be seen as a part of the Middle East fabric. They have suffered alongside of many others i […]
- David Cameron: ‘We Should Stand Up against Persecution of Christians’ICC Note: Speaking at an Easter event, British Prime Minister David Cameron raised the issue of Christian persecution. “It is the case that Christians are now the most persecuted religion around the world. “We should stand up against persecution of Christians and other faith groups wherever and whenever we can,” he told the audience including representatives […]
- Jihadists Are Embarking On ‘Final Solution’ In Middle EastICC Note: In a speech the day following the murder of a Dutch Priest who had served in Syria for decades, Lord Alton of Liverpool highlights the dangerous ideology that is driving targeted persecution of Christians across the Middle East. Syria has become the focal point of this crisis, one that could be framed in the language of a ‘Final Solution’, recallin […]
- Are Christians Persecuted in the Middle East?ICC Note: Are Christians Persecuted in the Middle East? It’s almost an unbelievable question for anyone who looks at the reports emerging from the region. This should not be understood to say that Christians are the only ones suffering. There are numerous causes of suffering and destruction that has affected so many across the region, and that has led to the […]
- Study Shows More Religious Violence in Less Religiously Diverse CountriesICC Note: A recent study has show that there are more incidents of religiously motivated violence in countries that lack religious diversity. Both Somalia and Afghanistan are among the least religiously diverse countries in the world and top the list for countries with the most religiously motivated incidents of violence. Across the Muslim world, Christians […]
- Ethnic Cleansing Could Lead to Mass Exodus of Middle East ChristiansICC Note: As religious and political leaders look at the trends from recent days, it is hard not fear that violence against Christians may continue to drive large numbers of them to seek refuge outside of their homelands. The level of violence has many looking back some 1300 or 1400 years to find a historical equivalent. Yet, far too often, when world leader […]
- The Watchman Show: Why Events Happening 'Over There' Matter 04/16/2014On this week's edition of The Watchman, we're joined by a CBN News All-Star panel--Senior International Correspondent Gary Lane, Senior Editor John Waage and Jerusalem Bureau Chief Chris Mitchell--to discuss Russia, Iran, Syria, Turkey and why what happens internationally today will affect every American. Click play to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: The Israeli Solution 04/09/2014On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with Caroline Glick, author of the new book, The Israeli Solution, to discuss what Israel needs to do in the face of tremendous world pressure to establish a Palestinian state. We're also joined by Israel's Minister of the Economy Naftali Bennett, a rising star in Israeli politics. Plus, we s […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Turkey's Islamist Leader Takes NATO Ally on Downward Spiral 04/04/2014My latest report for CBN News aired today, focusing on the dangerous turn of Turkey--a NATO country that once enjoyed strong relations with the U.S. and Israel. Things are moving in the wrong direction big time under Turkey's radical Islamist Prime Minister Erdogan (who just banned YouTube and Twitter).> Click on viewer to watch:Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.9 - Bouvet Island regionPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I Time2014-04-15 03:57:02 UTC2014-04-15 04:57:02 +01:00 at epicenterLocation53.527°S 8.704°EDepth11.74 km (7.29 mi)
- M 7.4 - 111km S of Kirakira, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VIII Time2014-04-13 12:36:18 UTC2014-04-13 23:36:18 +11:00 at epicenterLocation11.451°S 162.069°EDepth35.00 km (21.75 mi)
- M 7.6 - 100km SSE of Kirakira, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VIII Time2014-04-12 20:14:39 UTC2014-04-13 07:14:39 +11:00 at epicenterLocation11.315°S 162.211°EDepth29.31 km (18.21 mi)
- M 6.6 - 18km S of Nandaime, NicaraguaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - VI Time2014-04-11 20:29:13 UTC2014-04-11 14:29:13 -06:00 at epicenterLocation11.591°N 86.040°WDepth135.00 km (83.89 mi)
- M 6.5 - 78km SW of Panguna, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII Time2014-04-11 08:16:48 UTC2014-04-11 18:16:48 +10:00 at epicenterLocation6.855°S 155.017°EDepth39.42 km (24.49 mi)
- Nigeria: Islamic Jihadists Abduct 100 Schoolgirls As Sex Slaves
- Saudi Arabia Is Beginning To See The Writing On The Wall — And She Trembles
- Bangladesh: Christian Woman Gang-Raped By Muslim ‘Youths’, Police Would Rather Ignore It
- Tunisian Hackers Threaten The U.S. With A ‘Week Of Horror’ In July
- Slaughter In Nigeria — Where Is Obama’s State Department?
- The Ultimate Source Of Islamic Hate For Infidels
- British Woman Facing Execution For ‘Insulting’ Islam
- Syrian Islamists Promise To ‘Destroy’ Canada After Fighting In The Middle East
- ‘We Must Eliminate The Cross’: New Video Shows Largest And Most Dangerous Al Qaeda Gathering In Years
- Nigeria: Abuja Bus Bomb That Killed At Least 71 May Have Been Targeting Christians
- Culture Of Death: Palestinian Girl Says Her Life’s Ambition Is To Be A Great Killer
- The Boston Globe: The Global War On Christianity Is Violent And Real
- Palestinian Mufti: We Will Either Live On The Land Or Be Buried In It As Martyrs
- Carl Gallups: Jews Coming To Yeshua (Jesus) At Wailing Wall, ‘There Is No Doubt That We Are Living In Prophetic Times’
- Passover Shame: Activists In Israel Say Hamas Has Conquered Temple Mount, Police Have ‘Lost Control’
- This Weekend In Nigeria: Islamists Massacre Students, Kill Hundreds Of ‘Infidels’ For Their Prophet
- Australia: Muslim Preacher Publicly Prays For Slaughter Of Non-Muslims, Authorities Say It’s OK
- India: Muslim Politician Says Rape Victims Should Be Hanged, ‘There Will Be Changes In The Law If We Come To Power’
- UK: Muslim Man Beheads Girlfriend After ‘Hearing Voices’ In His Head
- ‘Little Muslim Caliphates’: Native French Under Attack In Muslim-Controlled Parts Of France
- Denmark: Convert To Christianity Is Violently Attacked By Muslim At Asylum Center
- Uganda: Islamic Sheikh Converts To Christianity, Muslim Relatives Develop Sudden Urge To Kill Him
- Sweden: Police Attacked By 50 ‘Youths’ In Muslim-Dominated Area
- UN: When Palestinian Men Beat Their Wives, It’s Israel’s Fault
- Australia: Teen Girls Gang Raped, Media Leaves Out Revealing Details Concerning Identity Of Their Rapists
- And Hell Followed: Syria Is What Happens When Islam Wins
- Age Of Darkness: Sharia Law Is Gaining Ground Across The World
- ‘They Are Slaughtering Us Like Chickens’: Muslim Persecution Of Christians, December 2013
- China Official: Islamists Are Seeking To Ban Laughter At Weddings And Crying At Funerals
- Connecticut: Moroccan ‘Refugee’ Faking Political Persecution To Enter US Plotted To Bomb School, Fed Building
- 1,197,583 Visitors Since March 2011