North Carolina: Charlotte Investigating Scores Of Baffling Fish Deaths In Briar Creek, Water Quality Tests Normal
The city discovered the dead fish in Briar Creek near Chantilly Park on Monday after several people reported it to the city’s Storm Water Services Department.
‘All of our water quality tests are normal,’ said Jennifer Frost with Storm Water Services. ‘The heavy amount of rainfall we’ve seen this week has helped clean out whatever was there.’
Frost said there are no water advisories in effect for the creek or its surrounding tributaries.
Frost said the city typically sees large amounts of dead fish when oxygen levels in the water become too low. This can occur naturally or from a chemical introduced into the water, Frost said.
The nearly 3 inches of rain that has fallen in the area since Monday has caused oxygen levels in the water to increase, making it difficult to trace what the cause of the kill was.
‘Our crews found no odor or discoloration in the water,’ Frost said.
Frost said there are no water advisories in effect for the creek or its surrounding tributaries.
The creek runs just of the park under Monroe Road and E. Independence Boulevard.” Source – WBTV.com.
- Japan: Record Outdoor Radiation Level That 'Can Kill In 20 Minutes' Detected At Fukushima wp.me/p1qlPa-60M 10 hours ago
- Syria: Lashes in Town Square for 'Adultery' as Sharia Law Reigns 12/10/2013New incident demonstrates gradual takeover of Sharia law in once-moderate state.
- Hamas Announces Renewed Ties with Iran 12/09/2013Official statement confirms ongoing ties between Hamas, Islamic Republic.
- Elkin: PA Intransigence Works in Israel's Favor 12/09/2013The PA refuses to compromise in any way in negotiations - but this actually works in Israel's favor, according to Deputy Foreign Minister.
- OPCW: Delays in Syrian Chemical Weapons Removal 12/09/2013Watchdog organization disposing of Syrian chemical arsenal says technical difficulties will delay Dec 31 'priority' weapon deadline.
- PA Rejects Prisoner Release Delay, Warns of 'Total Failure' 12/09/2013PA opposes Kerry's postponement of terrorist release to press Jordan Valley arrangement. PLO official warns of 'total failure.'
- Hagel In Pakistan To Ease Drone Strike Tensions 12/09/2013In 1st visit by a US Sec'y of Defense in 4 years, Hagel arrives in Pakistan amid tensions over US drone strikes, concern over Afghanistan.
- Hezbollah TV Apologizes to Bahrain 12/09/2013Al Manar's apology for biased coverage seen as part of rapprochement between Iran, Gulf states.
- Abetting the Holocaust: Arthur Hays Sulzberger and the New York TimesAbetting the coming Holocaust: the Times merely repeats itself.
- The Mandela MythAnd the real South Africa.
- Lenin BeheadedThe toppling of Lenin's statue in Kiev represents a watershed moment.
- Israel Betrayed — on The Glazov GangThe Obama administration surrenders to the Mullahs' quest for the Bomb.
- Nelson Mandela, Western SaintWhat Mandela's life told us about Western civilization.
- The Liberal Supporters of Max Blumenthal and the Campaign to Delegitimize IsraelShame on James Fallows and Peter Bergen.
- USA: The Next DetroitA look at the biggest threats to wealth in the history of our country.
- Plight of Middle East Christians Should Concern Us AllICC Note: Slowly there is a rising awareness throughout Europe and elsewhere of the brutal treatment of Christians throughout much of the Middle East. Cases such as the murder of Jessi Boulus, a 10-year-old girl in Cairo, highlight the tragedy they face. Alan Howe, executive editor of the Herald Sun, describes Jessi’s “an almost forgotten footnote in what ca […]
- Pope Says ‘No Middle East without Christians’ICC Note: Following a meeting with the leaders of churches across the Middle East Pope Francis spoke out calling for the church to support the continued existence of the church in areas that have increasingly become hostile to Christians. “We will not resign ourselves to imagining a Middle East without Christians,” Pope Francis said. This further highlights […]
- No One Wants to Admit That There’s a War on ChristiansICC Note: “We ignore too many things, and even more indefensibly, we pretend not to see too many things.” This is the reality for how much of the world has treated the intensifying war against Christians in much of the Middle East. Among many in the West there is a massive, and sometimes willful, ignorance of the realities confronting Christians around the w […]
- The West Must Not Ignore the Plight of Christians in the Muslim WorldICC Note: The plight of Christians in the Middle East is a story that often never makes the headlines. Unless the persecution of Christians happens to overlap with a major political interest, chemical weapons in Syria, a potential military coup in Egypt, etc., the story hardly gains any traction among the media and the political elites. There are many reason […]
- Islamist War on ChristiansICC Note: When attacks occur on churches such as what happened in Pakistan, or the string of violence in Egypt over the past month, or the horrific stories that have emerged from Syria, they are often treated as isolated incidents. Through many of them there is a common thread of an extremist interpretation of Islam that motivates them. While certainly a min […]
- A Post-Christian Middle East?ICC Note: The violence and unrest across the Middle East has resulted in the Christian population of the region falling from 20% a century ago to about 5%. In some cases Christians have been the direct targets of violence from militant Islamic groups and campaigns of repression by Islamic governments that see little place for Christians in their society. Wh […]
- Killing Christians: Interview with Nina SheaICC Note: This interview highlights the work of Nina Shea and her colleagues at the Center for Religious Freedom who are working to raise the level of rights guaranteed to all faiths across the globe. In a recent book, Persecuted: The Global Assault on Christians, they highlight country by country the severity and variety of abuse confronting followers of Ch […]
- More Fallout From the Iran Deal Debacle 12/04/2013The fallout continues over the Obama administration's disastrous deal with Iran's regime regarding the Iranian nuclear weapons program. Iran's leaders insist that they will continue to enrich uranium and are crowing about Israel's isolation. There are even rumors floating around in the Arab press that President Obama plans to visit Tehran […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Hamas PM's Granddaughter Admitted to Israeli Hospital 11/19/2013This is far from the first time that Israeli hospitals have treated patients that are sworn to the destruction of the Jewish State. One recent example saw Syrian "rebels" -- some of them undoubtedly Jew-hating global jihadists--treated by Israelis on Israeli soil. Needless to say, these instances say a lot about the inherent humanity of the people […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman: Muslim Brotherhood 'Inside the Wire' 11/06/2013On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with national security expert Frank Gaffney for an in-depth look at Muslim Brotherhood infiltration of the U.S. government. We're also joined by topographer Mark Langfan, who maps out Iran's strategy for controlling the Middle East's oil supply. Click play below to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- M 4.5 - 11km ENE of Edmond, OklahomaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VITime2013-12-07 18:10:23 UTC2013-12-07 12:10:23 -06:00 at epicenterLocation35.680°N 97.355°WDepth5.00 km (3.11 mi)
- M 6.4 - Kepulauan Barat Daya, IndonesiaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - VITime2013-12-01 01:24:13 UTC2013-12-01 10:24:13 +09:00 at epicenterLocation7.014°S 128.376°EDepth10.01 km (6.22 mi)
- M 7.0 - South Atlantic OceanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - ITime2013-11-25 06:27:33 UTC2013-11-25 02:27:33 -04:00 at epicenterLocation53.881°S 54.882°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 6.5 - Fiji regionPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - IIITime2013-11-23 07:48:32 UTC2013-11-22 19:48:32 -12:00 at epicenterLocation17.114°S 176.542°WDepth371.00 km (230.53 mi)
- M 7.7 - Scotia SeaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII Time2013-11-17 09:04:55 UTC2013-11-17 06:04:55 -03:00 at epicenterLocation60.274°S 46.401°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- Japan: Record Outdoor Radiation Level That ‘Can Kill In 20 Minutes’ Detected At Fukushima
- Obama, Iran, And The Coming Nuclear War
- BBC: Infections Are The True Beneficiaries Of War
- Syrian Islamists Reject Democracy And Minority Rights, ‘The Qur’an Is Our Law’
- Central African Republic: Thousands Of Christians Flee After Muslims Hunt Door-To-Door For Enemies Of ‘Allah’
- Idol Of Stone: Inside The Kaaba
- Hamas Interior Minister Calls For Third Intifada And Declares: We Will Establish Islamic Caliphate
- ‘Interfaith Dialogue’: Church Door In Germany Spray Painted With ‘Allah Is Greater’
- Good Sounds Lead To Bad Behavior: Sharia Law’s Growing Jihad Against Music
- The Islamic Jihad On Christian Nuns
- San Francisco State University Muslim Student Leader Posts Selfie With Knife: ‘I Want To Stab An Israeli Soldier’
- UK: Muslim Who Killed Lee Rigby Says ‘Allah’ Chose Victim, Sawed Neck To Remove Head Because That’s How Animals Are Killed In Islam
- Cameroon: Islamists Kill Christian Missionary, Burn Several Churches
- Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood Supporters Attack Christian Homes, Throw Christian Girl From Building
- Investor: ‘Eventually, The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’ Because Of The West’s ‘Staggering’ Debts
- An Islamic ‘Inheritance’: Muslim Sex Gangs Are Spreading Across The World
- India: News Reporter Severely Beaten By Muslim Mob After Trying To Help Elderly Muslim Woman
- Russia: ‘Unidentified Extremists’ Burn Churches In Tatarstan, Christians Pressured To Convert To Islam
- Islamic Movement: All Negev Lands In Israel Belong To Islam
- Islamic Party Member In Egypt Threatens Christians: You ‘Will Regret’ Supporting Overthrow Of Morsi
- No Joking: Saudi Muslim Offers ‘Castrated African Slave’ For Sale On Facebook
- And A Child Shall Bleed Them: Muslim Teen From Canada Labelled As ‘High Risk To Commit Terrorism’
- Barack Hussein Obama: ‘The Taliban Are Not Our Enemies And We Don’t Want To Fight Them’
- Muslim Persecution Of Christians: September 2013, A Month Of Horror For Christians Under Islam
- Michigan: Suspected Muslims Threaten To Burn Down Couple’s House Over Israeli Flag Hanging Outside Home
- Indonesia: Hundreds Of Islamists Attack Christian Church During Prayer Service
- Syria: Al-Qaeda Jihadists Seize Christian Church And Transform It Into Their Headquarters
- Nigeria: Four Christian-Dominated Villages Decimated, Dozens Killed Including Pregnant Women And Children
- ‘We Love Death’: German Convert To Islam Develops Urge To Wage Jihad And Establish Islamic Caliphate To Rule The World
- Central African Republic: Muslims Tell Refugees In Church To Leave Premises By Morning Or Face Death
- 1,065,179 Visitors Since March 2011