Lying Wonders: Iran Promotes ‘Discovery’ Of The ‘Gospel Of Barnabas’, Claims It Will Cause ‘Worldwide’ Collapse of Christianity
Islam’s Messiah “al Mahdi” isn’t the only thing that remains hidden today. Yet again, the “prophets of Persia” have concealed Truth by touting the false and poorly written “Gospel of Barnabas” in an effort to promote Islam. Unsurprisingly, while Iran claims the book “predicts” the coming of the “prophet” Mohammed, it neglects to disclose the fact that, among other things, written in Aramaic on the front cover is an inscription revealing that “this book is written on the hands of the monks of the high monastery in Nineveh, in the 1,500th year of our Lord.” Spelling errors, Qur’an contradictions and historical inaccuracies aside, if predicting the coming of Islam’s prophet nearly 900 years after the fact can somehow be twisted in an effort to advance the cause of Islam, then anything can.
“Christian” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. “Jewish” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. Even “Islamic” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. But when it comes to an ideology whose foundations are grounded in lies and deception, the only facts that need apply are those that can be distorted to undermine the Truth …
By Reza Kahlili – “Iran’s Basij Press is claiming that a version of the Gospel of Barnabas, found in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion and the revelation will cause the collapse worldwide of Christianity.
Turkey confiscated a leather-bound text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation in 2000. Turkish authorities believe the text could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus’ apostles and an associate of the apostle Paul.
This version of the Barnabas Gospel was written in the 5th or 6th century and it predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam, the Basij Press claims.
The Christian world, it says, denies the existence of such a gospel.
However, religious scholars have said another version of the Barnabas Gospel, discovered a century ago, was written less than 500 years ago, which would post-date Mohammad.
In Chapter 41 of the Barnabas Gospel, Basij claims, is this statement: ‘God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’’ meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.
The Turkish army has taken possession of the Barnabas Gospel because the ‘Zionists’ and the governments of the West are trying to suppress its contents, Basij Press claims.
According to the Barnabas Gospel in Turkey’s hands, Basij Press says, Jesus was never crucified and that not only is He not the son of God, but that He himself predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad. The book even predicts the coming of the last Islamic messiah, the report says.
‘The discovery of the original Barnabas Bible will now undermine the Christian Church and its authority and will revolutionize the religion in the world,’ the Basij report says. ‘The most significant fact, though, is that this Bible has predicted the coming of Prophet Mohammad and in itself has verified the religion of Islam, and this alone will unbalance the powers of the world and create instability in the Christian world.’
The Basij report concludes that the discovery is so immense that it will affect the world’s politics and that the world powers are aware of the coming effects of this event.
Turkey plans to put the Bible on public display. Though Turkish authorities believe this could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, others believe it only goes back to the 16th century and is a fake because it would have been written centuries after Mohammad’s life.
‘The Iranian regime is committed to stamping out Christianity by any means necessary, whether that means executing Christian converts, burning Bibles or raiding underground churches,’ said Erick Stakelbeck, host of the Christian Broadcasting Network’s ‘Stakelbeck on Terror’ show and a close observer of Iranian affairs. ‘In promoting the so-called Barnabas Bible – which was likely written sometime in the 16th century and is not accepted by any mainstream Christian denomination – the regime is once again attempting to discredit the Christian faith. Record numbers of young Iranians are leaving Islam and embracing Christ, and the mullahs see Christianity as a growing threat to their authority.’
The Vatican has requested to see the scripture but it is unknown if Turkey has provided it access to the text.
Recently Iranian ayatollahs have been outspoken that Islam is the last and only righteous religion sent by God.
Grand Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani, in a recent statement, announced that since the Quran was the last holy book and provides the most complete religion to the world and Mohammad the last prophet as indicated in the Quran, there is no authority to abide by other books. The Quran clearly indicates that only those who have accepted the true religion of Islam are the guided ones, he said.
As reported recently, a former intelligence officer in the Revolutionary Guards revealed that tens of thousands of Bibles were confiscated and burned in Iran, under the order of Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said the Bible is not a holy book and its burning is morally acceptable.
As the Islamic regime in Iran continues to suppress its people with violations of human rights and challenges the world over its nuclear program, Khamenei said, ‘In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty God, the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated. Allah’s promise will be delivered, and Islam will be victorious.'” Source – WND.
Reza Kahlili is a pseudonym for a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and the author of the award-winning book, A Time to Betray. He is a senior Fellow with EMPact America, a member of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security and teaches at the U.S. Department of Defense’s Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy (JCITA).
- Mashaal: We Fight the Occupiers, Not the Jews 07/29/2014Hamas leader says he is willing to co-exist with anyone, including Jews, but not with "the occupiers".
- Israeli Aircraft Hit Home of Hamas Leader Haniyeh 07/29/2014Israeli aircraft hit the home of Hamas's former PM Ismail Haniyeh.
- Hamas: We Tried to Kidnap a Soldier 07/28/2014Hamas admits it tried to kidnap an IDF soldier in an incident when its terrorists breached the border. The attempt failed.
- Iran: Hezbollah Can Fire Rockets 'Nonstop' at Israel 07/28/2014Senior officer in the Revolutionary Guards claims Hezbollah's arsenal rivals Hamas's.
- Turkish Group Plans 'Flotilla II' to Gaza 07/28/2014IHH organizing a "Freedom Flotilla II", claims again it will be carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza.
- Video: Abbas's Son Criticizes Obama, Compares Israel to Nazis 07/28/2014During a televised interview as he donated blood to "Gaza martyrs", PA Chairman's son verbally attacked Israel.
- Iran to UN: Do More to Stop the 'Zionist Crimes' 07/28/2014Iran's Foreign Minister criticizes the United Nations for failing to end Israel's operation in Gaza.
- Hamasbara and Media TerrorismThe media terrorist is as much a terrorist as the terrorists he defends.
- Andrew Klavan: Country Without BordersA Truth Revolt video.
- Gaza Flotilla Terrorists Set Sail AgainQatar and Turkey revive their jihadist attack on Israel.
- Who is Killing Palestinian Children? — on The Glazov GangDr. Anna Geifman discusses the return of the 12-year-old members of the Hitlerjugend.
- Promoting “Proportionality” in the Service of GenocideSanctimonious depravity of Israel-critics on full display.
- Iran’s Proxy War Against IsraelWhere is the media's outrage against the Islamic Republic?
- Please Stop Helping UsJason Riley masterfully explains the left's destruction of the black community.
- G7 Leaders Term Boko Haram Abductions An “Unconscionable Crime,” Pledge SupportICC Note: Wednesday, June 4, the leaders of the G7 (or group of seven, referring to its membership of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States) released a joint statement on a plethora of issues, separated by country, as well as some more general human rights and international security issues. In closing the statement, […]
- Three Clergy Freed From Boko Haram Captivity After 57 DaysTwo Italian Priests, Canadian Nun Released by Boko Haram to Cameroonian Security Forces 06/02/2014 Washington, D.C. (International Christian Concern) - International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that Boko Haram released two Italian priests and a Canadian nun the group kidnapped following a raid on a small Cameroon Parish on April 4, 2014. Fathers Giam […]
- Christian Mother to be Released to Nurse Newborn Before Being ExecutedSudan Foreign Ministry Announces Intention to Release Meriam Yahia Ibrahim from Death Row for Two Years Before Carrying Out Sentencing 05/31/2014 Washington, D.C. (International Christian Concern) - International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that, according to a Sudanese official, the government of Sudan intends to release Meriam Yahia Ibrahim, a moth […]
- Christians Targeted in Global PersecutionICC Note: “The West is sleep-walking into a tragedy,” says Lord Alton of the UK. The reality of persecution of Christians in the Middle East and beyond is occurring with near daily frequency and yet the response to these attacks is muted at best. While structures exist to protect Christians and to prosecute those responsible for the acts they are often not e […]
- Concern Over Attacks on Middle East Christians Grows in WashingtonICC Note: Attacks on Christian minorities in the Middle East is far too often unreported. There are many factors to why this issue that affects so many is often ignored in the discussion of broader human rights abuses. Even when leaders like President Obama speak out on the issue there is often very little follow-up. By Jerome Socolovsky 04/17/2014 Middle Ea […]
- Global War on Christianity Is Violent And RealICC Note: Was the killing of a Dutch priest in Homs, Syria just an isolated incident? The reality is that his death, while just one of nearly 150,000 in the past three years in Syria, is also just one of many such incidents that are driven because of ones identification as a Christian. From a Coptic girl in Egypt, to a Dutch priest in Syria, and many, many m […]
- Lebanon Cardinal: Christians Not Persecuted Minority, But In Middle East FabricICC Note: Addressing the United Nations, Lebanese Cardinal Rai spoke about the realities confronting Christians in the Middle East. Rather than Christians being treated as a persecuted minority, a group that is somehow alien to the area, he pressed that Christians must be seen as a part of the Middle East fabric. They have suffered alongside of many others i […]
- New Legislation Aims to Designate Muslim Brotherhood as Foreign Terrorist Organization 07/27/2014Well, it's about time. The Muslim Brotherhood has been banned in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE and is being investigated by David Cameron's government in Great Britain. Now, finally, a move is underway to outlaw the Brotherhood--the grandaddy of all modern Islamic terrorist groups--right here in the United States. Republican Rep. Michele Bachman […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: Israel's Fight is Our Fight 07/23/2014On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with David Brog, executive director of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), to discuss why Christians need to stand with Israel now more than ever. We also talk to Rabbi Ken Spiro about Jerusalem U, a unique online course designed to educate about Israel. Plus, we feature some clips from my speech at t […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Ludicrous U.S. Travel Ban to Israel 07/22/2014And so it begins. The Obama administration and its cohorts in the European Union have been unable to browbeat Israel into stopping its much-needed operation to root out terrorists in Gaza. So now they are getting personal with Israel--and shamefully so. The Obama administration has announced a 24-hour ban on travel to Israel's Ben Gurion Airport for all […]Erick Stakelbeck
- M 4.3 - 24km WSW of Medford, OklahomaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VITime2014-07-29 02:46:36 UTC2014-07-28 21:46:36 -05:00 at epicenterLocation36.732°N 97.987°WDepth7.60 km (4.72 mi)
- M 6.9 - 94km NNE of Ndoi Island, FijiPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - III Time2014-07-21 14:54:41 UTC2014-07-21 02:54:41 -12:00 at epicenterLocation19.829°S 178.464°WDepth616.44 km (383.04 mi)
- M 6.3 - 86km SSE of Pondaguitan, PhilippinesPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - IVTime2014-07-14 08:00:00 UTC2014-07-14 16:00:00 +08:00 at epicenterLocation5.681°N 126.570°EDepth44.94 km (27.92 mi)
- M 6.5 - 135km ESE of Namie, JapanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - V Time2014-07-11 19:21:59 UTC2014-07-12 04:21:59 +09:00 at epicenterLocation37.040°N 142.425°EDepth10.50 km (6.52 mi)
- M 6.3 - 13km NNE of Port-Vila, VanuatuPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - IVTime2014-07-08 12:56:26 UTC2014-07-08 23:56:26 +11:00 at epicenterLocation17.617°S 168.359°EDepth114.00 km (70.84 mi)
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,333,302 Visitors Since March 2011