Lying Wonders: Iran Promotes ‘Discovery’ Of The ‘Gospel Of Barnabas’, Claims It Will Cause ‘Worldwide’ Collapse of Christianity
Islam’s Messiah “al Mahdi” isn’t the only thing that remains hidden today. Yet again, the “prophets of Persia” have concealed Truth by touting the false and poorly written “Gospel of Barnabas” in an effort to promote Islam. Unsurprisingly, while Iran claims the book “predicts” the coming of the “prophet” Mohammed, it neglects to disclose the fact that, among other things, written in Aramaic on the front cover is an inscription revealing that “this book is written on the hands of the monks of the high monastery in Nineveh, in the 1,500th year of our Lord.” Spelling errors, Qur’an contradictions and historical inaccuracies aside, if predicting the coming of Islam’s prophet nearly 900 years after the fact can somehow be twisted in an effort to advance the cause of Islam, then anything can.
“Christian” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. “Jewish” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. Even “Islamic” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. But when it comes to an ideology whose foundations are grounded in lies and deception, the only facts that need apply are those that can be distorted to undermine the Truth …
By Reza Kahlili – “Iran’s Basij Press is claiming that a version of the Gospel of Barnabas, found in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion and the revelation will cause the collapse worldwide of Christianity.
Turkey confiscated a leather-bound text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation in 2000. Turkish authorities believe the text could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus’ apostles and an associate of the apostle Paul.
This version of the Barnabas Gospel was written in the 5th or 6th century and it predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam, the Basij Press claims.
The Christian world, it says, denies the existence of such a gospel.
However, religious scholars have said another version of the Barnabas Gospel, discovered a century ago, was written less than 500 years ago, which would post-date Mohammad.
In Chapter 41 of the Barnabas Gospel, Basij claims, is this statement: ‘God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’’ meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.
The Turkish army has taken possession of the Barnabas Gospel because the ‘Zionists’ and the governments of the West are trying to suppress its contents, Basij Press claims.
According to the Barnabas Gospel in Turkey’s hands, Basij Press says, Jesus was never crucified and that not only is He not the son of God, but that He himself predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad. The book even predicts the coming of the last Islamic messiah, the report says.
‘The discovery of the original Barnabas Bible will now undermine the Christian Church and its authority and will revolutionize the religion in the world,’ the Basij report says. ‘The most significant fact, though, is that this Bible has predicted the coming of Prophet Mohammad and in itself has verified the religion of Islam, and this alone will unbalance the powers of the world and create instability in the Christian world.’
The Basij report concludes that the discovery is so immense that it will affect the world’s politics and that the world powers are aware of the coming effects of this event.
Turkey plans to put the Bible on public display. Though Turkish authorities believe this could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, others believe it only goes back to the 16th century and is a fake because it would have been written centuries after Mohammad’s life.
‘The Iranian regime is committed to stamping out Christianity by any means necessary, whether that means executing Christian converts, burning Bibles or raiding underground churches,’ said Erick Stakelbeck, host of the Christian Broadcasting Network’s ‘Stakelbeck on Terror’ show and a close observer of Iranian affairs. ‘In promoting the so-called Barnabas Bible – which was likely written sometime in the 16th century and is not accepted by any mainstream Christian denomination – the regime is once again attempting to discredit the Christian faith. Record numbers of young Iranians are leaving Islam and embracing Christ, and the mullahs see Christianity as a growing threat to their authority.’
The Vatican has requested to see the scripture but it is unknown if Turkey has provided it access to the text.
Recently Iranian ayatollahs have been outspoken that Islam is the last and only righteous religion sent by God.
Grand Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani, in a recent statement, announced that since the Quran was the last holy book and provides the most complete religion to the world and Mohammad the last prophet as indicated in the Quran, there is no authority to abide by other books. The Quran clearly indicates that only those who have accepted the true religion of Islam are the guided ones, he said.
As reported recently, a former intelligence officer in the Revolutionary Guards revealed that tens of thousands of Bibles were confiscated and burned in Iran, under the order of Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said the Bible is not a holy book and its burning is morally acceptable.
As the Islamic regime in Iran continues to suppress its people with violations of human rights and challenges the world over its nuclear program, Khamenei said, ‘In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty God, the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated. Allah’s promise will be delivered, and Islam will be victorious.’” Source – WND.
Reza Kahlili is a pseudonym for a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and the author of the award-winning book, A Time to Betray. He is a senior Fellow with EMPact America, a member of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security and teaches at the U.S. Department of Defense’s Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy (JCITA).
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Egyptian Program to Spread 'Blood-Curdling Genocidal Fantasies' 06/19/2013ZOA calls on Obama administration to pressure Egypt to cancel broadcast of viciously anti-Semitic television Ramadan series.
- Dagan: Political Shifts Open Door for 'Rare Opportunity' 06/19/2013Former Mossad chief Meir Dagan reflects on rapid shifts taking place in the political map of the Middle East.
- Syrian Rebels Murder Hizbullah Men in Lebanon 06/19/2013A group of Syrian rebels claims it killed four Hizbullah terrorists across the border in Lebanon this week.
- 'Exercise Eager Lion' War Games Active in Jordanian Desert 06/19/2013Military forces from Jordan and the US are drilling together in the Jordanian desert with 17 other nations in Exercise Eager Lion 2013.
- Putin: Not Ruling Out Sending More Arms to Assad 06/19/2013Russian President says his country would not rule out sending fresh arms to the Syrian regime, warns against arming rebels.
- Amnesty and the Attack on American WorkersWill the conservative House save the day?
- Open Letter to the UC RegentsSign this open letter and petition the UC regents to stop this outrage.
- Don’t Let the War on Obama Kill the War on TerrorThe John Kerry Way is no model for the GOP.
- Obama Takes the ‘Moderate’ Iranian President’s Bait?Beware the "reformer" smokescreen.
- Is Illegal Immigration Good For Mexico?Why the open borders lobby is destroying the hope for change south of the border.
- Stakelbeck on Terror: Jihad in Boston - June 18, 2013On this week's episode of the Stakelbeck on Terror Show, we're on the ground in Boston to investigate Muslim Brotherhood activity in local mosques and what drove the Boston Marathon Bombers to carry out their deadly attack.
- Stakelbeck on Terror: Agricultural Jihad Against Israel - June 11, 2013On this week's edition of the Stakelbeck on Terror show, we provide an up-close look at the "agricultural jihad" that Palestinians are waging against Israeli communities in the Biblical heartland of Judea and Samaria. We speak to ...
- Stakelbeck on Terror: Christian Persecution in Muslim Lands - June 4, 2013On this week's episode of the Stakelbeck on Terror show, we sit down with author Raymond Ibrahim to discuss his new book,"Crucified Again: Exposing Islam's New War on Christians." We also take a closer look at Egyptian president ...
- M 5.7, Mendoza, ArgentinaJune 19, 2013 21:29:11 GMT
- M 5.0, TongaJune 19, 2013 09:39:34 GMT
- M 5.1, west of the Galapagos IslandsJune 19, 2013 08:19:49 GMT
- M 5.3, New Ireland region, Papua New GuineaJune 19, 2013 06:52:38 GMT
- M 5.3, southwestern Siberia, RussiaJune 18, 2013 23:02:09 GMT
- M 5.0, Bali SeaJune 17, 2013 19:17:58 GMT
- M 5.0, near the coast of NicaraguaJune 17, 2013 15:12:58 GMT
- 750,002 Visitors Since March 2011