Lying Wonders: Iran Promotes ‘Discovery’ Of The ‘Gospel Of Barnabas’, Claims It Will Cause ‘Worldwide’ Collapse of Christianity
Islam’s Messiah “al Mahdi” isn’t the only thing that remains hidden today. Yet again, the “prophets of Persia” have concealed Truth by touting the false and poorly written “Gospel of Barnabas” in an effort to promote Islam. Unsurprisingly, while Iran claims the book “predicts” the coming of the “prophet” Mohammed, it neglects to disclose the fact that, among other things, written in Aramaic on the front cover is an inscription revealing that “this book is written on the hands of the monks of the high monastery in Nineveh, in the 1,500th year of our Lord.” Spelling errors, Qur’an contradictions and historical inaccuracies aside, if predicting the coming of Islam’s prophet nearly 900 years after the fact can somehow be twisted in an effort to advance the cause of Islam, then anything can.
“Christian” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. “Jewish” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. Even “Islamic” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. But when it comes to an ideology whose foundations are grounded in lies and deception, the only facts that need apply are those that can be distorted to undermine the Truth …
By Reza Kahlili – “Iran’s Basij Press is claiming that a version of the Gospel of Barnabas, found in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion and the revelation will cause the collapse worldwide of Christianity.
Turkey confiscated a leather-bound text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation in 2000. Turkish authorities believe the text could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus’ apostles and an associate of the apostle Paul.
This version of the Barnabas Gospel was written in the 5th or 6th century and it predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam, the Basij Press claims.
The Christian world, it says, denies the existence of such a gospel.
However, religious scholars have said another version of the Barnabas Gospel, discovered a century ago, was written less than 500 years ago, which would post-date Mohammad.
In Chapter 41 of the Barnabas Gospel, Basij claims, is this statement: ‘God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’’ meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.
The Turkish army has taken possession of the Barnabas Gospel because the ‘Zionists’ and the governments of the West are trying to suppress its contents, Basij Press claims.
According to the Barnabas Gospel in Turkey’s hands, Basij Press says, Jesus was never crucified and that not only is He not the son of God, but that He himself predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad. The book even predicts the coming of the last Islamic messiah, the report says.
‘The discovery of the original Barnabas Bible will now undermine the Christian Church and its authority and will revolutionize the religion in the world,’ the Basij report says. ‘The most significant fact, though, is that this Bible has predicted the coming of Prophet Mohammad and in itself has verified the religion of Islam, and this alone will unbalance the powers of the world and create instability in the Christian world.’
The Basij report concludes that the discovery is so immense that it will affect the world’s politics and that the world powers are aware of the coming effects of this event.
Turkey plans to put the Bible on public display. Though Turkish authorities believe this could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, others believe it only goes back to the 16th century and is a fake because it would have been written centuries after Mohammad’s life.
‘The Iranian regime is committed to stamping out Christianity by any means necessary, whether that means executing Christian converts, burning Bibles or raiding underground churches,’ said Erick Stakelbeck, host of the Christian Broadcasting Network’s ‘Stakelbeck on Terror’ show and a close observer of Iranian affairs. ‘In promoting the so-called Barnabas Bible – which was likely written sometime in the 16th century and is not accepted by any mainstream Christian denomination – the regime is once again attempting to discredit the Christian faith. Record numbers of young Iranians are leaving Islam and embracing Christ, and the mullahs see Christianity as a growing threat to their authority.’
The Vatican has requested to see the scripture but it is unknown if Turkey has provided it access to the text.
Recently Iranian ayatollahs have been outspoken that Islam is the last and only righteous religion sent by God.
Grand Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani, in a recent statement, announced that since the Quran was the last holy book and provides the most complete religion to the world and Mohammad the last prophet as indicated in the Quran, there is no authority to abide by other books. The Quran clearly indicates that only those who have accepted the true religion of Islam are the guided ones, he said.
As reported recently, a former intelligence officer in the Revolutionary Guards revealed that tens of thousands of Bibles were confiscated and burned in Iran, under the order of Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said the Bible is not a holy book and its burning is morally acceptable.
As the Islamic regime in Iran continues to suppress its people with violations of human rights and challenges the world over its nuclear program, Khamenei said, ‘In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty God, the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated. Allah’s promise will be delivered, and Islam will be victorious.’” Source – WND.
Reza Kahlili is a pseudonym for a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and the author of the award-winning book, A Time to Betray. He is a senior Fellow with EMPact America, a member of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security and teaches at the U.S. Department of Defense’s Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy (JCITA).
- Canada 'Tremendously Concerned' About the Muslim Brotherhood 04/18/2014Canadian Foreign Minister notes Canada's 'aggressive stand when it comes to listings [of terror groups]' but does not commit to ban.
- PA Official: Recognizing Israel as a Jewish State is 'Fantasy' 04/18/2014PA stubbornly clings to refusal to recognize Israel as a Jewish state, wildly accuses Israel 'covering up massacres' of Palestinian Arabs.
- Police State? Turkey Passes New Intelligence Law 04/18/2014Erdogan-controlled parliament approves law giving intel agency greater powers, making punishment of leaks harsher.
- Lebanese Army Arrests High-Level Al Qaeda Operative 04/18/2014Palestinian Arab terrorist allegedly involved in multiple attacks for global jihad terror group caught in Lebanon.
- Rouhani Claims Iran 'Not After War' - on National Army Day 04/18/2014'Moderate' President Hassan Rouhani claims Iran is not looking for war, but rather for talks - but warns that it will 'resist invasion.'
- Syria Submits 'Specific' List of Chemical Weapons to OPCW 04/18/2014'Discrepancies' were found in the original list Syria provided to the joint mission, officials claim, amidst rumors of more attacks.
- Abbas Denies Condemning Hevron Murder 04/18/2014Abbas's office rushes to deny reports by leftist MKs that he condemned murder, quotes him as 'opposing violence' in general.
- Where Does Naomi Wolf’s Hypocrisy End, Or Does It?By calling Phyllis Chesler a Zionist agent, Naomi Wolf shows herself to be a sad emblem of the pathetic state of the Left and of its pseudo feminist wing: ignorant, arrogant, bigoted, anti-Semitic, anti-American and an embarrassing fifth column for the Islamic barbarians of the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas.
- Anti-Semitic Violence, Neo-Nazis and the Anti-Israel LeftHow the Anti-Israel left contributed to the Kansas City attack.
- Diplomatic Breakthrough on Ukraine or More Russian Lies?Why odds for a successful deal are not likely.
- The Disappearance of US WillAmerica retreats -- and the world becomes more dangerous than ever.
- Hiding ObamaCare Data with the Census BureauHow Obama is making long-term comparisons of the bureau's health care statistics impossible.
- Gavin Boby’s Fight Against Muslim Rape Gangs in the U.K. — on The Glazov GangA courageous lawyer confronts a barbaric strain of jihad terrorizing his country.
- Does Tax Refund Fraud Benefit Democrats?A disturbing look at who appears to be the biggest profiteer.
- Global War on Christianity Is Violent And RealICC Note: Was the killing of a Dutch priest in Homs, Syria just an isolated incident? The reality is that his death, while just one of nearly 150,000 in the past three years in Syria, is also just one of many such incidents that are driven because of ones identification as a Christian. From a Coptic girl in Egypt, to a Dutch priest in Syria, and many, many m […]
- Lebanon Cardinal: Christians Not Persecuted Minority, But In Middle East FabricICC Note: Addressing the United Nations, Lebanese Cardinal Rai spoke about the realities confronting Christians in the Middle East. Rather than Christians being treated as a persecuted minority, a group that is somehow alien to the area, he pressed that Christians must be seen as a part of the Middle East fabric. They have suffered alongside of many others i […]
- David Cameron: ‘We Should Stand Up against Persecution of Christians’ICC Note: Speaking at an Easter event, British Prime Minister David Cameron raised the issue of Christian persecution. “It is the case that Christians are now the most persecuted religion around the world. “We should stand up against persecution of Christians and other faith groups wherever and whenever we can,” he told the audience including representatives […]
- Jihadists Are Embarking On ‘Final Solution’ In Middle EastICC Note: In a speech the day following the murder of a Dutch Priest who had served in Syria for decades, Lord Alton of Liverpool highlights the dangerous ideology that is driving targeted persecution of Christians across the Middle East. Syria has become the focal point of this crisis, one that could be framed in the language of a ‘Final Solution’, recallin […]
- Are Christians Persecuted in the Middle East?ICC Note: Are Christians Persecuted in the Middle East? It’s almost an unbelievable question for anyone who looks at the reports emerging from the region. This should not be understood to say that Christians are the only ones suffering. There are numerous causes of suffering and destruction that has affected so many across the region, and that has led to the […]
- Study Shows More Religious Violence in Less Religiously Diverse CountriesICC Note: A recent study has show that there are more incidents of religiously motivated violence in countries that lack religious diversity. Both Somalia and Afghanistan are among the least religiously diverse countries in the world and top the list for countries with the most religiously motivated incidents of violence. Across the Muslim world, Christians […]
- Ethnic Cleansing Could Lead to Mass Exodus of Middle East ChristiansICC Note: As religious and political leaders look at the trends from recent days, it is hard not fear that violence against Christians may continue to drive large numbers of them to seek refuge outside of their homelands. The level of violence has many looking back some 1300 or 1400 years to find a historical equivalent. Yet, far too often, when world leader […]
- The Watchman Show: Why Events Happening 'Over There' Matter 04/16/2014On this week's edition of The Watchman, we're joined by a CBN News All-Star panel--Senior International Correspondent Gary Lane, Senior Editor John Waage and Jerusalem Bureau Chief Chris Mitchell--to discuss Russia, Iran, Syria, Turkey and why what happens internationally today will affect every American. Click play to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: The Israeli Solution 04/09/2014On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with Caroline Glick, author of the new book, The Israeli Solution, to discuss what Israel needs to do in the face of tremendous world pressure to establish a Palestinian state. We're also joined by Israel's Minister of the Economy Naftali Bennett, a rising star in Israeli politics. Plus, we s […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Turkey's Islamist Leader Takes NATO Ally on Downward Spiral 04/04/2014My latest report for CBN News aired today, focusing on the dangerous turn of Turkey--a NATO country that once enjoyed strong relations with the U.S. and Israel. Things are moving in the wrong direction big time under Turkey's radical Islamist Prime Minister Erdogan (who just banned YouTube and Twitter).> Click on viewer to watch:Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.9 - Bouvet Island regionPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I Time2014-04-15 03:57:02 UTC2014-04-15 04:57:02 +01:00 at epicenterLocation53.527°S 8.704°EDepth11.74 km (7.29 mi)
- M 7.4 - 111km S of Kirakira, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VIII Time2014-04-13 12:36:18 UTC2014-04-13 23:36:18 +11:00 at epicenterLocation11.451°S 162.069°EDepth35.00 km (21.75 mi)
- M 7.6 - 100km SSE of Kirakira, Solomon IslandsPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VIII Time2014-04-12 20:14:39 UTC2014-04-13 07:14:39 +11:00 at epicenterLocation11.315°S 162.211°EDepth29.31 km (18.21 mi)
- M 6.6 - 18km S of Nandaime, NicaraguaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - VI Time2014-04-11 20:29:13 UTC2014-04-11 14:29:13 -06:00 at epicenterLocation11.591°N 86.040°WDepth135.00 km (83.89 mi)
- M 6.5 - 78km SW of Panguna, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII Time2014-04-11 08:16:48 UTC2014-04-11 18:16:48 +10:00 at epicenterLocation6.855°S 155.017°EDepth39.42 km (24.49 mi)
- Nigeria: Islamic Jihadists Abduct 100 Schoolgirls As Sex Slaves
- Saudi Arabia Is Beginning To See The Writing On The Wall — And She Trembles
- Bangladesh: Christian Woman Gang-Raped By Muslim ‘Youths’, Police Would Rather Ignore It
- Tunisian Hackers Threaten The U.S. With A ‘Week Of Horror’ In July
- Slaughter In Nigeria — Where Is Obama’s State Department?
- The Ultimate Source Of Islamic Hate For Infidels
- British Woman Facing Execution For ‘Insulting’ Islam
- Syrian Islamists Promise To ‘Destroy’ Canada After Fighting In The Middle East
- ‘We Must Eliminate The Cross’: New Video Shows Largest And Most Dangerous Al Qaeda Gathering In Years
- Nigeria: Abuja Bus Bomb That Killed At Least 71 May Have Been Targeting Christians
- Culture Of Death: Palestinian Girl Says Her Life’s Ambition Is To Be A Great Killer
- The Boston Globe: The Global War On Christianity Is Violent And Real
- Palestinian Mufti: We Will Either Live On The Land Or Be Buried In It As Martyrs
- Carl Gallups: Jews Coming To Yeshua (Jesus) At Wailing Wall, ‘There Is No Doubt That We Are Living In Prophetic Times’
- Passover Shame: Activists In Israel Say Hamas Has Conquered Temple Mount, Police Have ‘Lost Control’
- This Weekend In Nigeria: Islamists Massacre Students, Kill Hundreds Of ‘Infidels’ For Their Prophet
- Australia: Muslim Preacher Publicly Prays For Slaughter Of Non-Muslims, Authorities Say It’s OK
- India: Muslim Politician Says Rape Victims Should Be Hanged, ‘There Will Be Changes In The Law If We Come To Power’
- UK: Muslim Man Beheads Girlfriend After ‘Hearing Voices’ In His Head
- ‘Little Muslim Caliphates’: Native French Under Attack In Muslim-Controlled Parts Of France
- Denmark: Convert To Christianity Is Violently Attacked By Muslim At Asylum Center
- Uganda: Islamic Sheikh Converts To Christianity, Muslim Relatives Develop Sudden Urge To Kill Him
- Sweden: Police Attacked By 50 ‘Youths’ In Muslim-Dominated Area
- UN: When Palestinian Men Beat Their Wives, It’s Israel’s Fault
- Australia: Teen Girls Gang Raped, Media Leaves Out Revealing Details Concerning Identity Of Their Rapists
- And Hell Followed: Syria Is What Happens When Islam Wins
- Age Of Darkness: Sharia Law Is Gaining Ground Across The World
- ‘They Are Slaughtering Us Like Chickens’: Muslim Persecution Of Christians, December 2013
- China Official: Islamists Are Seeking To Ban Laughter At Weddings And Crying At Funerals
- Connecticut: Moroccan ‘Refugee’ Faking Political Persecution To Enter US Plotted To Bomb School, Fed Building
- 1,197,737 Visitors Since March 2011