Lying Wonders: Iran Promotes ‘Discovery’ Of The ‘Gospel Of Barnabas’, Claims It Will Cause ‘Worldwide’ Collapse of Christianity
Islam’s Messiah “al Mahdi” isn’t the only thing that remains hidden today. Yet again, the “prophets of Persia” have concealed Truth by touting the false and poorly written “Gospel of Barnabas” in an effort to promote Islam. Unsurprisingly, while Iran claims the book “predicts” the coming of the “prophet” Mohammed, it neglects to disclose the fact that, among other things, written in Aramaic on the front cover is an inscription revealing that “this book is written on the hands of the monks of the high monastery in Nineveh, in the 1,500th year of our Lord.” Spelling errors, Qur’an contradictions and historical inaccuracies aside, if predicting the coming of Islam’s prophet nearly 900 years after the fact can somehow be twisted in an effort to advance the cause of Islam, then anything can.
“Christian” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. “Jewish” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. Even “Islamic” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. But when it comes to an ideology whose foundations are grounded in lies and deception, the only facts that need apply are those that can be distorted to undermine the Truth …
By Reza Kahlili – “Iran’s Basij Press is claiming that a version of the Gospel of Barnabas, found in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion and the revelation will cause the collapse worldwide of Christianity.
Turkey confiscated a leather-bound text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation in 2000. Turkish authorities believe the text could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus’ apostles and an associate of the apostle Paul.
This version of the Barnabas Gospel was written in the 5th or 6th century and it predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam, the Basij Press claims.
The Christian world, it says, denies the existence of such a gospel.
However, religious scholars have said another version of the Barnabas Gospel, discovered a century ago, was written less than 500 years ago, which would post-date Mohammad.
In Chapter 41 of the Barnabas Gospel, Basij claims, is this statement: ‘God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’’ meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.
The Turkish army has taken possession of the Barnabas Gospel because the ‘Zionists’ and the governments of the West are trying to suppress its contents, Basij Press claims.
According to the Barnabas Gospel in Turkey’s hands, Basij Press says, Jesus was never crucified and that not only is He not the son of God, but that He himself predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad. The book even predicts the coming of the last Islamic messiah, the report says.
‘The discovery of the original Barnabas Bible will now undermine the Christian Church and its authority and will revolutionize the religion in the world,’ the Basij report says. ‘The most significant fact, though, is that this Bible has predicted the coming of Prophet Mohammad and in itself has verified the religion of Islam, and this alone will unbalance the powers of the world and create instability in the Christian world.’
The Basij report concludes that the discovery is so immense that it will affect the world’s politics and that the world powers are aware of the coming effects of this event.
Turkey plans to put the Bible on public display. Though Turkish authorities believe this could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, others believe it only goes back to the 16th century and is a fake because it would have been written centuries after Mohammad’s life.
‘The Iranian regime is committed to stamping out Christianity by any means necessary, whether that means executing Christian converts, burning Bibles or raiding underground churches,’ said Erick Stakelbeck, host of the Christian Broadcasting Network’s ‘Stakelbeck on Terror’ show and a close observer of Iranian affairs. ‘In promoting the so-called Barnabas Bible – which was likely written sometime in the 16th century and is not accepted by any mainstream Christian denomination – the regime is once again attempting to discredit the Christian faith. Record numbers of young Iranians are leaving Islam and embracing Christ, and the mullahs see Christianity as a growing threat to their authority.’
The Vatican has requested to see the scripture but it is unknown if Turkey has provided it access to the text.
Recently Iranian ayatollahs have been outspoken that Islam is the last and only righteous religion sent by God.
Grand Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani, in a recent statement, announced that since the Quran was the last holy book and provides the most complete religion to the world and Mohammad the last prophet as indicated in the Quran, there is no authority to abide by other books. The Quran clearly indicates that only those who have accepted the true religion of Islam are the guided ones, he said.
As reported recently, a former intelligence officer in the Revolutionary Guards revealed that tens of thousands of Bibles were confiscated and burned in Iran, under the order of Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said the Bible is not a holy book and its burning is morally acceptable.
As the Islamic regime in Iran continues to suppress its people with violations of human rights and challenges the world over its nuclear program, Khamenei said, ‘In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty God, the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated. Allah’s promise will be delivered, and Islam will be victorious.'” Source – WND.
Reza Kahlili is a pseudonym for a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and the author of the award-winning book, A Time to Betray. He is a senior Fellow with EMPact America, a member of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security and teaches at the U.S. Department of Defense’s Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy (JCITA).
- Khamenei: 'West Bank' Should Hound Israel Like Gaza 10/20/2014Secretary-General of Islamic Jihad, Ramadan Abdullah Shalah, meets Iranian leader in Tehran.
- Turkey to Allow Kurdish Fighters into Syria to Battle ISIS 10/20/2014Ankara confirms reports it will allow Iraqi Peshmerga forces to cross into embattled Kobane move likely the result of US pressure.
- Hezbollah Leader Snubs UN Envoy as Lebanon Tension Simmers 10/20/2014Hezbollah allies in Lebanon say Nasrallah refused to meet UN Syria envoy last week, sending deputy instead local political tensions high.
- US Airdrops Weapons to Kurds Despite Turkish Opposition 10/20/2014After Erdogan calls Kurdish fighters 'terrorists' and opposes arming them, arms dropped in Kobane to aid fight against ISIS.
- Iran: We're Ready to Help Lebanon and Hezbollah 10/20/2014Iran declares its preparedness to provide aid to the Lebanese army as well to Hezbollah to help combat "terrorists".
- Steinitz: Talks with Iran Are Moving in the Wrong Direction 10/20/2014Intelligence Minister suggests that choosing not to reach a deal with Iran might pave the way for a better deal down the road.
- Hamas Blasts Fatah Over Failure to Rehabilitate Gaza 10/20/2014Hamas urges PA to facilitate the entry of construction material into Gaza, says it is frustrated that unity government isn't functioning.
- How the Muslim World Benefits from ISISPlaying “Good Caliph“and “Bad Caliph.”
- Bill Whittle: Fear of EbolaA Truth Revolt video.
- Janet Yellen Shills for the DemocratsThe Chairman of the Federal Reserve indulges a destructive leftist lie.
- Tricking and Dividing the Muslim World — on The Glazov GangNonie Darwish zeroes in on the best strategies to confront and outsmart our enemy in the terror war.
- Islamist Turkey’s BetrayalHelping ISIS by bombing kurds.
- Hong Kong’s Birthright Citizenship ProblemA lesson for the U.S.?
- A Rebuttal to Islam: Top 5 ArgumentsA counter-punch to one of the world's biggest Islamic organizations.
- Facing ISIS, Middle Eastern Evangelicals Exchange StrategiesICC Note: The threat that ISIS poses to Iraq’s Christian community is felt by Christians around the world, but perhaps more acutely by Christians in the Middle East who themselves have faced similar persecution at the hands of extremists both in the recent and distant past. Christians from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and elsewhere are joining to provide aid to t […]
- Christians Under Siege In The Islamic Middle EastICC Note: Persecution for Christians in the Middle East is nothing new, but looking across the region today the church is under attack in nearly every country. The rise of Islamic extremism has driven a militancy that often violently targets Christians in its attempt to create an “Islamic State” or at least countries where Islam is in power. Whether they are […]
- Sudan’s Predictable Action Against Meriam Ibrahim’s Defense LawyersICC Note: The following stems from a conversation between ICC"s Regional Manager for Africa, Cameron Thomas, and Julia Seymour of World Magazine regarding the recent decision by the Sudanese government to ban the lawyers that defended Meriam Ibrahim, who was given the death penalty for her Christian faith. 09/30/2014 Sudan (World Magazine) - Meriam Ibra […]
- Fmr U.S. Ambassador Confirms Talks to Release the Chibok GirlsICC Note: According to John Campbell, former United States Ambassador to Nigeria, the Nigerian government is in talks with senior Boko Haram commanders to negotiate the release of the more than 215 schoolgirls reportedly still being held captive following their mass-abduction by the radical Islamic insurgency in April of this year. Those talks are scheduled […]
- “While Nigeria Bleeds and Burns”ICC Note: A group of Catholic bishops in Nigeria, including President of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria (CBCN), Most Rev Ignatius Ayau Kaigama, have accused the Nigerian government of failing to adequately protect the Nigerian people against radical Islamic militants known as Boko Haram. An Islamic insurgency that in August of this year declared […]
- One of More than 300 Girls Kidnapped by Boko Haram Found TraumatizedICC Note: According to police spokesman Emmanuel Ojukwu, a 20-year-old victim of the mass-abduction of more than 300 schoolgirls by radical Islamic insurgency Boko Haram in April of this year, was found wandering the woods in Nigeria's northeastern Adamawa State. Taken form the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, Borno State, Nigeria on the nig […]
- 31 Christians Massacred, 15 Injured by Muslim Cattle Herders in NigeriaICC Note: According to recent reports, more than 30 Christians were killed and another 15 wounded in an attack committed by Fulani Muslims just after midnight on September 17th. For years, predominantly Muslim Fulani cattle herders have conflicted with predominantly Christian agriculturalists and shopkeepers. Rarely though have attacks resulted in the religi […]
- The Watchman Show: Is History Repeating Itself? 10/15/2014On this week's edition of The Watchman, we take you to the recent rally for Israel in Washington, D.C., featuring former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. We also sit down with bestselling author Harry Crocker to discuss his new book, The Yanks are Coming! A Military History of the United States in World War I, and lessons we can learn today from the Great W […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Qatar: Shady "Ally" Embraced by Obama Administration 10/15/2014It's a tiny Muslim nation in the Persian Gulf that you can barely find on a map. Qatar may not be a household name for most Americans -- but the Qataris are among the Obama administration's closest allies in the Middle East. They're also the main sponsor of the terror group Hamas and have helped jihadists in Syria. Check out my latest report, […]Erick Stakelbeck
- CBN News at Rally for Israel in DC 10/06/2014Here's an excellent report from my CBN News colleague Paul Strand on yesterday's big Rally for Israel in D.C. sponsored by Concerned Women for America. Featuring Gov. Mike Huckabee, Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard, Penny Nance and Alison Howard of Concerned Women for America, Gary Bauer of American Values, Victor Styrsky of Christians United fo […]Erick Stakelbeck
- M 7.3 - 67km WSW of Jiquilillo, NicaraguaPAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIII Time2014-10-14 03:51:35 UTC2014-10-13 21:51:35 -06:00 at epicenterLocation12.576°N 88.047°WDepth40.00 km (24.85 mi)
- M 6.3 - 154km ENE of Hachinohe, JapanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - IIITime2014-10-11 02:35:46 UTC2014-10-11 12:35:46 +10:00 at epicenterLocation40.987°N 143.216°EDepth13.48 km (8.38 mi)
- M 4.3 - 2km SSW of Cushing, OklahomaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VITime2014-10-10 13:51:21 UTC2014-10-10 08:51:21 -05:00 at epicenterLocation35.964°N 96.773°WDepth4.32 km (2.68 mi)
- M 6.6 - Southern East Pacific RisePAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I DYFI? - ITime2014-10-09 02:32:05 UTC2014-10-08 19:32:05 -07:00 at epicenterLocation32.109°S 110.890°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 7.1 - Southern East Pacific RisePAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I Time2014-10-09 02:14:32 UTC2014-10-08 19:14:32 -07:00 at epicenterLocation32.115°S 110.779°WDepth15.50 km (9.63 mi)
- Ebola In America: Six Reasons To Panic
- Report: Possible Ebola Case At The Pentagon As Woman From West Africa Begins Vomiting On Tour Bus
- Video: The Myth Of The Tiny Radical Muslim Minority
- Syria: Man Converts To Christianity, Muslim Family Threatens To Cut His Throat
- Desert Doctrines: The Savage Lands Of Islam
- Video: Houston Muslim Pledges Allegiance To ISIS Caliphate In Front Of Policeman
- “A Shot Across The Bow”: City Of Houston Demands Christian Pastors Turn Over Their Sermons
- Texas: Second Health Care Worker Tests Positive For Ebola
- Pat Condell: Sweden Is The Canary In The Coal Mine For Us All (And It’s Dying)
- Muslim Preacher In Britain Praises ISIS Caliphate: We Can Start Having Slave Girls Again!
- On The Move: Islamic State Seizes Iraq Base Near Baghdad, 180,000 Flee Cities Of Hit And Kubaisa
- More: Three Islamic Terror Suspects Arrested In Central London
- ISIS Magazine: Islam Calls For Sexual Slavery
- Beheadings, Amputations, Eye Gouging, Destruction: Witnesses Describe Horrors As ISIS Seeks To Overtake Kobane
- Islamic State Calls Upon “Every Muslim” In Australia To Find And Kill A Non-Muslim
- 2 Out of 3 Countries Spreading Polio Are Muslim
- Is Ben Affleck a Racist?
- ISIS Commander: We Offer People The Chance To Convert To Islam And Worship Allah Before Killing Them
- Health Care Worker At Dallas Hospital Tests Positive For Ebola
- “Moderate” Muslim Becomes Devout Muslim, Suddenly Believes It Is “Good” To Kill Non-Muslims
- “Our Youngest Martyr Yet” – ISIS Terrorists Boast About Death Of 10-Year-Old Boy
- Canada: Authorities Monitoring Hundreds Of Muslims Discussing “Knife And Gun” Attacks Inside Canada
- Panic: Three Rhode Island Elementary Schools Get Beheading Threats, Similar Threats In Massachusetts And New Hampshire
- Canada: Pro-Amputations And Pro-Stoning Mosque In Montreal Visited By Liberal “Leader” Justin Trudeau
- A Cartoon: The Death-Wish Of Islam-Denial
- Judicial Watch Confirms: Four ISIS Terrorists Arrested In Texas In Last 36 Hours
- “A Crime Against Peaceful Coexistence”: Muslims Torch Christian Church In Germany
- Hamas TV Fabrication: Israel Was Suffering Massive Civilian Casualties During The Gaza War
- Dallas Ebola Patient Dies, Now Another He Came In Contact With Is Developing Symptoms
- “Allah Is Greater”: ISIS Graffiti Showing Up In Washington, DC
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,692,982 Visitors Since March 2011