Lying Wonders: Iran Promotes ‘Discovery’ Of The ‘Gospel Of Barnabas’, Claims It Will Cause ‘Worldwide’ Collapse of Christianity
Islam’s Messiah “al Mahdi” isn’t the only thing that remains hidden today. Yet again, the “prophets of Persia” have concealed Truth by touting the false and poorly written “Gospel of Barnabas” in an effort to promote Islam. Unsurprisingly, while Iran claims the book “predicts” the coming of the “prophet” Mohammed, it neglects to disclose the fact that, among other things, written in Aramaic on the front cover is an inscription revealing that “this book is written on the hands of the monks of the high monastery in Nineveh, in the 1,500th year of our Lord.” Spelling errors, Qur’an contradictions and historical inaccuracies aside, if predicting the coming of Islam’s prophet nearly 900 years after the fact can somehow be twisted in an effort to advance the cause of Islam, then anything can.
“Christian” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. “Jewish” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. Even “Islamic” archaeology undermines the Qur’an. But when it comes to an ideology whose foundations are grounded in lies and deception, the only facts that need apply are those that can be distorted to undermine the Truth …
By Reza Kahlili – “Iran’s Basij Press is claiming that a version of the Gospel of Barnabas, found in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion and the revelation will cause the collapse worldwide of Christianity.
Turkey confiscated a leather-bound text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation in 2000. Turkish authorities believe the text could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus’ apostles and an associate of the apostle Paul.
This version of the Barnabas Gospel was written in the 5th or 6th century and it predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam, the Basij Press claims.
The Christian world, it says, denies the existence of such a gospel.
However, religious scholars have said another version of the Barnabas Gospel, discovered a century ago, was written less than 500 years ago, which would post-date Mohammad.
In Chapter 41 of the Barnabas Gospel, Basij claims, is this statement: ‘God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’’ meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.
The Turkish army has taken possession of the Barnabas Gospel because the ‘Zionists’ and the governments of the West are trying to suppress its contents, Basij Press claims.
According to the Barnabas Gospel in Turkey’s hands, Basij Press says, Jesus was never crucified and that not only is He not the son of God, but that He himself predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad. The book even predicts the coming of the last Islamic messiah, the report says.
‘The discovery of the original Barnabas Bible will now undermine the Christian Church and its authority and will revolutionize the religion in the world,’ the Basij report says. ‘The most significant fact, though, is that this Bible has predicted the coming of Prophet Mohammad and in itself has verified the religion of Islam, and this alone will unbalance the powers of the world and create instability in the Christian world.’
The Basij report concludes that the discovery is so immense that it will affect the world’s politics and that the world powers are aware of the coming effects of this event.
Turkey plans to put the Bible on public display. Though Turkish authorities believe this could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, others believe it only goes back to the 16th century and is a fake because it would have been written centuries after Mohammad’s life.
‘The Iranian regime is committed to stamping out Christianity by any means necessary, whether that means executing Christian converts, burning Bibles or raiding underground churches,’ said Erick Stakelbeck, host of the Christian Broadcasting Network’s ‘Stakelbeck on Terror’ show and a close observer of Iranian affairs. ‘In promoting the so-called Barnabas Bible – which was likely written sometime in the 16th century and is not accepted by any mainstream Christian denomination – the regime is once again attempting to discredit the Christian faith. Record numbers of young Iranians are leaving Islam and embracing Christ, and the mullahs see Christianity as a growing threat to their authority.’
The Vatican has requested to see the scripture but it is unknown if Turkey has provided it access to the text.
Recently Iranian ayatollahs have been outspoken that Islam is the last and only righteous religion sent by God.
Grand Ayatollah Jafar Sobhani, in a recent statement, announced that since the Quran was the last holy book and provides the most complete religion to the world and Mohammad the last prophet as indicated in the Quran, there is no authority to abide by other books. The Quran clearly indicates that only those who have accepted the true religion of Islam are the guided ones, he said.
As reported recently, a former intelligence officer in the Revolutionary Guards revealed that tens of thousands of Bibles were confiscated and burned in Iran, under the order of Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said the Bible is not a holy book and its burning is morally acceptable.
As the Islamic regime in Iran continues to suppress its people with violations of human rights and challenges the world over its nuclear program, Khamenei said, ‘In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty God, the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated. Allah’s promise will be delivered, and Islam will be victorious.’” Source – WND.
Reza Kahlili is a pseudonym for a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and the author of the award-winning book, A Time to Betray. He is a senior Fellow with EMPact America, a member of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security and teaches at the U.S. Department of Defense’s Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy (JCITA).
- Daniel 9:27 Redux: Will Antichrist Make A False 7-Year Peace Treaty With Israel? wp.me/p1qlPa-60O 39 minutes ago
- Assad Forces Capture Key Town, Open WMD Routes 12/10/2013Syrian army seizes town on Damascus-Homs highway, allows shipment of supplies and chemical weapons for disposal.
- Report: Top NGOs Failing Middle Eastern Women 12/10/2013NGO Monitor report finds Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch are failing to advocate women's rights in the region.
- Iran Rejects Israeli President's Offer to Meet Rouhani 12/10/2013Iranian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman reiterates her country will never recognize the Jewish state.
- Muslim Brotherhood Leader Appears in Court 12/10/2013Mohammed Badie says his movement perpetrated no violence as he appears in court for the first time since his arrest.
- Turkish Court Orders Release of Lawmaker After 4 Years 12/10/2013Jailed Turkish journalist and lawmaker released after more than four years in prison over his alleged involvement in a coup plot.
- Netanyahu: Final Deal Should Dismantle Iran's Nuclear Program 12/10/2013PM Netanyahu tells visiting Guatemalan President that Iran's nuclear program is the greatest threat to the Middle East.
- Muslim Bloc Calls for Palestinian State, Slams 'Occupation' 12/10/2013Organization of Islamic Cooperation says the world should support a Palestinian state and work to end "Israeli occupation."
- Latter-Day MarxistObama's fight against income inequality is a war against us all.
- Putin vs. Pro-West UkrainiansMassive show of force in Kiev puts Russia on its heels.
- Nelson Mandela and Ronald ReaganFew realize Reagan's role in bringing about change in South Africa.
- The UK Confronts IslamismThe West still remains clueless.
- Obama’s Foreign Policy DisastersThe brightest minds in geopolitical affairs break down the president's unfolding catastrophe.
- The ObamaCare Nightmare — on The Glazov GangThe catastrophe for America unveiled.
- Chile’s Human Rights PendulumWill the trial in Temuco be an act of justice or a politicized ritual?
- Plight of Middle East Christians Should Concern Us AllICC Note: Slowly there is a rising awareness throughout Europe and elsewhere of the brutal treatment of Christians throughout much of the Middle East. Cases such as the murder of Jessi Boulus, a 10-year-old girl in Cairo, highlight the tragedy they face. Alan Howe, executive editor of the Herald Sun, describes Jessi’s “an almost forgotten footnote in what ca […]
- Pope Says ‘No Middle East without Christians’ICC Note: Following a meeting with the leaders of churches across the Middle East Pope Francis spoke out calling for the church to support the continued existence of the church in areas that have increasingly become hostile to Christians. “We will not resign ourselves to imagining a Middle East without Christians,” Pope Francis said. This further highlights […]
- No One Wants to Admit That There’s a War on ChristiansICC Note: “We ignore too many things, and even more indefensibly, we pretend not to see too many things.” This is the reality for how much of the world has treated the intensifying war against Christians in much of the Middle East. Among many in the West there is a massive, and sometimes willful, ignorance of the realities confronting Christians around the w […]
- The West Must Not Ignore the Plight of Christians in the Muslim WorldICC Note: The plight of Christians in the Middle East is a story that often never makes the headlines. Unless the persecution of Christians happens to overlap with a major political interest, chemical weapons in Syria, a potential military coup in Egypt, etc., the story hardly gains any traction among the media and the political elites. There are many reason […]
- Islamist War on ChristiansICC Note: When attacks occur on churches such as what happened in Pakistan, or the string of violence in Egypt over the past month, or the horrific stories that have emerged from Syria, they are often treated as isolated incidents. Through many of them there is a common thread of an extremist interpretation of Islam that motivates them. While certainly a min […]
- A Post-Christian Middle East?ICC Note: The violence and unrest across the Middle East has resulted in the Christian population of the region falling from 20% a century ago to about 5%. In some cases Christians have been the direct targets of violence from militant Islamic groups and campaigns of repression by Islamic governments that see little place for Christians in their society. Wh […]
- Killing Christians: Interview with Nina SheaICC Note: This interview highlights the work of Nina Shea and her colleagues at the Center for Religious Freedom who are working to raise the level of rights guaranteed to all faiths across the globe. In a recent book, Persecuted: The Global Assault on Christians, they highlight country by country the severity and variety of abuse confronting followers of Ch […]
- Muslim Brotherhood Supporters Advising Obama White House? 12/10/2013After being with me through years of reporting and 2 books about the bad guys (including my latest, "The Brotherhood"), there are few stories that shock my wife at this point. But as we watched my latest report together today, she shook her head in disbelief at just how thoroughly the Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated the Obama administration. Yes […]Erick Stakelbeck
- More Fallout From the Iran Deal Debacle 12/04/2013The fallout continues over the Obama administration's disastrous deal with Iran's regime regarding the Iranian nuclear weapons program. Iran's leaders insist that they will continue to enrich uranium and are crowing about Israel's isolation. There are even rumors floating around in the Arab press that President Obama plans to visit Tehran […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Hamas PM's Granddaughter Admitted to Israeli Hospital 11/19/2013This is far from the first time that Israeli hospitals have treated patients that are sworn to the destruction of the Jewish State. One recent example saw Syrian "rebels" -- some of them undoubtedly Jew-hating global jihadists--treated by Israelis on Israeli soil. Needless to say, these instances say a lot about the inherent humanity of the people […]Erick Stakelbeck
- M 4.5 - 11km NNW of Jones, OklahomaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - VITime2013-12-07 18:10:23 UTC2013-12-07 12:10:23 -06:00 at epicenterLocation35.663°N 97.326°WDepth5.00 km (3.11 mi)
- M 6.4 - Kepulauan Barat Daya, IndonesiaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - VITime2013-12-01 01:24:13 UTC2013-12-01 10:24:13 +09:00 at epicenterLocation7.014°S 128.376°EDepth10.01 km (6.22 mi)
- M 7.0 - South Atlantic OceanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - ITime2013-11-25 06:27:33 UTC2013-11-25 02:27:33 -04:00 at epicenterLocation53.881°S 54.882°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 6.5 - Fiji regionPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - IIITime2013-11-23 07:48:32 UTC2013-11-22 19:48:32 -12:00 at epicenterLocation17.114°S 176.542°WDepth371.00 km (230.53 mi)
- M 7.7 - Scotia SeaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII Time2013-11-17 09:04:55 UTC2013-11-17 06:04:55 -03:00 at epicenterLocation60.274°S 46.401°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- 1,066,350 Visitors Since March 2011