Lebanon: Daughter Of Shiite Cleric Physically And Psychologically Tortured For Converting To Christianity
The daughter of a Shiite cleric ‘said she was physically and psychologically tortured by her father for converting to Christianity three years ago, although she is a 24-year-old adult,’ said Maronite Catholic Bishop Simon Atallah of Baalbek. ‘I have received an unconfirmed report that she had recently fled to an unknown destination after her father forced her to marry someone.’
The kidnappers thought that Father Walid Gharious knew the woman’s whereabouts and later released him. The nation’s president condemned the kidnapping.
According to the prelate, the kidnapped is part of an escalating pattern of violence against local Catholics.
‘Last Wednesday, unknown assailants fired gunshots at the house of a priest from the Kairouz family in the town of Nabha, and a similar incident occurred on Sunday before the start of the municipal elections, when shots were fired at the Our Lady Church in Nabha,’ he said.” Source – Catholic Culture.
- US to 'Reconsider' Aid to PA if It Joins with Hamas 04/24/2014Aid to a unity government that includes Hamas would amount to providing assistance to a terrorist organization.
- Abbas-Hamas Deal 'a Tragic Game Changer' 04/24/2014Key Netanyahu confidant and advisor Dore Gold says reconciliation between Hamas and Fatah proves the PA has rejected a negotiated solution.
- US Tells Egypt Military Aid May Resume 04/24/2014Egypt announces its foreign minister will visit US, after Washington approves sending Cairo 10 Apache helicopters.
- Fatah Official: Hamas will Abide by Two-State Solution 04/24/2014Jibril Rajoub says all of the Palestinian factions will have to follow Mahmoud Abbas's lead on 'peace process.'
- Egyptian Spokesmen: Put Treaty With Israel to a Referendum 04/24/2014Spokesmen for the two Egyptian presidential candidates have advocated for putting the peace treaty with Israel to a vote in a referendum.
- UN Calls for Investigation Into Syrian Chlorine Attack 04/24/2014United Nations Security Council calls for an investigation into reports of alleged chlorine gas use in some Syrian towns.
- Senior Fatah Official Slams Netanyahu's 'Racist' Coalition 04/24/2014Senior Fatah official Jibril Rajoub claims the deal between Hamas and Fatah has nothing to do with the peace talks with Israel.
- The Blair DoctrineReplacing democracy with religious freedom.
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Castro’s Propagandist & SnitchWhat the media's eulogies for a Nobel-winning author didn't tell you.
- Why the Left Will Never Abandon ‘Global Warming’A look at the mother of all issues for the lovers of Big Government.
- To Execute a Victim of Attempted RapeThe Islamic Republic unveils its true face. . .again.
- ‘Easy Meat’: Inside the World of Muslim Rape Gangs, Part II — on The Glazov GangGavin Boby unveils a horrifying segment of Islamic Jihad terrorizing the U.K.
- Video: Raymond Ibrahim on Islam, Dictators, and Christian PersecutionThe Freedom Center's Shillman Fellow appears on New Zealand’s "Shine TV."
- What the Media Won’t Tell You About the ‘Central Park Five’New York City poised to deliver millions of dollars to men of dubious innocence.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The Watchman Show: Why Events Happening 'Over There' Matter 04/16/2014On this week's edition of The Watchman, we're joined by a CBN News All-Star panel--Senior International Correspondent Gary Lane, Senior Editor John Waage and Jerusalem Bureau Chief Chris Mitchell--to discuss Russia, Iran, Syria, Turkey and why what happens internationally today will affect every American. Click play to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: The Israeli Solution 04/09/2014On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with Caroline Glick, author of the new book, The Israeli Solution, to discuss what Israel needs to do in the face of tremendous world pressure to establish a Palestinian state. We're also joined by Israel's Minister of the Economy Naftali Bennett, a rising star in Israeli politics. Plus, we s […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Turkey's Islamist Leader Takes NATO Ally on Downward Spiral 04/04/2014My latest report for CBN News aired today, focusing on the dangerous turn of Turkey--a NATO country that once enjoyed strong relations with the U.S. and Israel. Things are moving in the wrong direction big time under Turkey's radical Islamist Prime Minister Erdogan (who just banned YouTube and Twitter).> Click on viewer to watch:Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.6 - 94km S of Port Hardy, CanadaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - V Time2014-04-24 03:10:12 UTC2014-04-23 19:10:12 -08:00 at epicenterLocation49.846°N 127.444°WDepth11.40 km (7.08 mi)
- M 7.5 - 75km SW of Panguna, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII Time2014-04-19 13:27:59 UTC2014-04-19 23:27:59 +10:00 at epicenterLocation6.720°S 154.932°EDepth30.87 km (19.18 mi)
- M 6.6 - 59km SW of Panguna, Papua New GuineaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII Time2014-04-19 01:04:03 UTC2014-04-19 11:04:03 +10:00 at epicenterLocation6.679°S 155.085°EDepth24.40 km (15.16 mi)
- M 7.2 - 36km NNW of Tecpan de Galeana, MexicoPAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIII Time2014-04-18 14:27:26 UTC2014-04-18 09:27:26 -05:00 at epicenterLocation17.552°N 100.816°WDepth24.00 km (14.91 mi)
- M 6.9 - Bouvet Island regionPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I Time2014-04-15 03:57:02 UTC2014-04-15 04:57:02 +01:00 at epicenterLocation53.527°S 8.704°EDepth11.74 km (7.29 mi)
- Egypt: “Every Friday Is A Day Of Death” For Christians In Cairo
- The War Against Christians In Africa
- Islam’s Tenuous Connection To Jerusalem
- Mali: Islamist Group Announces Death Of French Hostage, “In The Name Of Allah, He Is Dead”
- German Rapper Converts To Islam, Falls In Love With Death, Dies In Syria For “Allah’s” Glory
- Islam’s Religious War With Everyone
- France: Muslim Man Enters Church, Unfolds Prayer Rug Near Altar, Prays Antichrist Prayer During Easter Service
- ‘Our Youngest Hostage’: Syrian Islamists Post Shocking Photo Of Tiny Christian Toddler, Guns Pointed At Head
- ‘Carnage’: Nigerian Islamists Burn Down Christian Church And Homes On Easter Sunday, Murder Over 150
- Egypt: Rate Of Christian Girls Abducted And Attacked By ‘Extremists’ On The Rise
- 17-Year-Old Girl Converts To Christianity, Is Promptly Beaten To Death By Her Muslim Father
- Again: Spectacular Fireball From Space Explodes Over Russian City (Video)
- Indeed Christ, Our Passover, Was Sacrificed For Us
- Pakistan: Yet Another Muslim Kills Yet Another Christian For Not Converting To Islam
- Central African Republic: Islamic Jihadists Murder Christian Priest, Mutilate His Corpse
- Uh-O Canada: Muslim Sheikh Claims That ‘Non-Agonizing’ Wife Beatings Are A-OK
- Austria: Teenage Muslim Girls Proclaim ‘Death Is Our Goal’ On Facebook, Promptly Run Away To Syria
- Malaysia: National Fatwa Council Forbids Muslims From Saying ‘Rest In Peace’ To Dead Christians
- Powerful 7.5 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Mexico City
- Nigeria: Islamic Jihadists Abduct 100 Schoolgirls As Sex Slaves
- Saudi Arabia Is Beginning To See The Writing On The Wall — And She Trembles
- Bangladesh: Christian Woman Gang-Raped By Muslim ‘Youths’, Police Would Rather Ignore It
- Tunisian Hackers Threaten The U.S. With A ‘Week Of Horror’ In July
- Slaughter In Nigeria — Where Is Obama’s State Department?
- The Ultimate Source Of Islamic Hate For Infidels
- British Woman Facing Execution For ‘Insulting’ Islam
- Syrian Islamists Promise To ‘Destroy’ Canada After Fighting In The Middle East
- ‘We Must Eliminate The Cross’: New Video Shows Largest And Most Dangerous Al Qaeda Gathering In Years
- Nigeria: Abuja Bus Bomb That Killed At Least 71 May Have Been Targeting Christians
- Culture Of Death: Palestinian Girl Says Her Life’s Ambition Is To Be A Great Killer
- 1,202,489 Visitors Since March 2011