Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood Takes on Egyptian Military
Like I said, it’s only a matter of time …
After claiming that it is not trying to control parliament, that it favours consensus over monopoly and that it would not field a candidate in the presidential elections, Egypt’s most powerful political movement has broken all its promises.
Scepticism about its intentions was already rife last week after the Brotherhood packed the elected panel charged with drafting the post-revolution constitution with devotees. The move provoked a walkout from the panel by representatives of liberal parties, the constitutional court, the Coptic Church, and even al-Azhar, the centre of Sunni religious authority.
Then the Brotherhood dropped a bombshell at the weekend with a decision to nominate Khairat al-Shater, its strategist and most formidable leader, as its candidate in the May 23 presidential election.
The movement’s brazen push for power is a dramatic departure from its decades-old approach of cautious, gradual politics and its more recent preference for sharing in the responsibility of ruling Egypt’s 80m people.
‘It’s a turning point in the history of the Muslim Brotherhood,’ says Dia Rashwan, analyst at Cairo’s Al-Ahram Centre for Political and Strategic Studies.” Read more at FT.Com.
- UK: Special Forces Move Into London As Gov’t Fears “Mumbai-Style” Terrorist Spectacular wp.me/p1qlPa-6Op 16 hours ago
- Syrian Rebels Present Demands for Release of UN Peacekeepers 09/02/2014Al-Nusra Front presents three demands for the release of 43 Fijian peacekeepers kidnapped last week.
- Turkey's New PM: No Hope of Normalization with Israel 09/02/2014Turkey's new prime minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, pessimistic regarding his country normalizing ties with Israel.
- U.S. Carries Out Operation Against Al-Shabaab in Somalia 09/02/2014Pentagon says U.S. military forces conducted an operation against the Al-Shabaab terrorist network. No further information provided.
- Ireland Calls for UN to Review Mandate for Golan Mission 09/02/2014Ireland’s Defense Minister says his country may not replace its forces in the Golan Heights given recent tensions.
- Egypt: Israel's State Land Designation An Obstacle to Peace 09/02/2014Egypt says Israel’s plans to declare land in Gush Etzion as state land contradict international law.
- Iran's Foreign Minister Optimistic About Nuclear Deal 09/02/2014Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif voices optimism that a dispute over Tehran's nuclear program can be resolved by November 24.
- PA Denies Reports It Will Pay Hamas Salaries 09/01/2014Wage war between 'unity partners' continues as PA nixes reports of imminent payment, fearing aid cuts for funding terror.
- The FBI’s Islamic Terrorism DenialBut it’s on alert against…Puerto Rican nationalists.
- Moderate Islam Is Multiculturalism MisspelledWhy liberals are the real moderate Muslims.
- Marxist Feminism’s Ruined LivesThe horror I witnessed inside the women’s “liberation” movement.
- The Unfinished WarWhat Israel must do to prevent the next onslaught from Hamas.
- Hijab Rising on Santa Monica’s 3rd Street Promenade — on The Glazov GangIslamic Supremacism’s totalitarian presence on the streets of L.A.
- Is Jihad Un-Islamic?Wishing something doesn't make it true.
- Hypocrite Warren Buffett Uses Canada as a Tax ShelterTaking advantage of tax loopholes while promoting tax hikes on those beneath him.
- Boko Haram, the Islamic State, and a “Super Caliphate?”ICC Note: The following is an analysis of the relationship between Boko Haram, a radical Islamic insurgency in Nigeria that recently declared towns it controls in the country's north as part of the Islamic caliphate, and the Islamic State, which has declared an Islamic caliphate stretching from Aleppo, Syria to Mosul, Iraq. 08/31/2014 Nigeria (Mother Jo […]
- Boko Haram Occupies Madagali Parish After Declaring Islamic CaliphateICC Note: Following its declaration that several towns under its control are now part of the Islamic caliphate, Boko Haram has reportedly targeted Christians. According to the Catholic Diocese of Maiduguri in Borno State, Nigeria, Boko Haram has beheaded Christian men, enslaved their widows, and burned down a number of churches in the last week. For years, B […]
- Boko Haram Beheading, Raping, Enslaving Christians in Newly Declared Islamic CaliphateICC Note: Boko Haram, a radical Islamic insurgency, has taken over several towns in Nigeria's Borno and Adamawa States, declaring them part of the Islamic caliphate August 24. In a recent email from the Catholic Diocese of Maiduguri, Borno State's capital city, Rev. Fr. Gideon Obasogie wrote that Christians trapped in Boko Haram's caliphate ha […]
- Outraged Muslims Throw Somali Expat Off Fourth-Story Balcony for Converting to ChristianityICC Note: A Christian convert living in Nairobi, Kenya's Eastleigh Neighborhood was thrown from a four story balcony by Muslims outraged by his decision to leave Islam. After suffering a five-day coma, Mohammed Ali is recovering but remains in critical condition as result of the attempted murder. Many other Somali Christian converts like Mohammed suffer […]
- Boko Haram Leader Declares Islamic Caliphate from Ransacked Christian Town in NigeriaAbubakar Shekau Declares Islamic Caliphate as Boko Haram Militants Execute Civilians in Video Released Sunday 08/24/2014 Nigeria (International Christian Concern) — International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that Abubakar Shekau, leader of the radical Islamic insurgency, Boko Haram, has declared an Islamic caliphate in Nigeria’s northeastern Borno Sta […]
- The Common Link Between Boko Haram, Hamas and the Islamic StateICC Note: Newt Gingrich, co-host of Crossfire and author of several books, wrote an Op-Ed for CNN explaining the common link between Boko Haram, ISIS, and Hamas: the establishment of separate Islamic states to be ruled by Sharia law. In July, ICC published a story exploring this same link between radical insurgencies across Africa's 5-15 window. In Nige […]
- Families Divided: Persecution at the Hands of Loved OnesAcross Africa, Converts Are Being Abused, Disowned, and Murdered by Their Families for Their Christian Faith Cameron Thomas, Regional Manager for Africa 08/09/2014 Washington, D.C. (International Christian Concern) – To many in the West, the face of persecution is repressive governments, infuriated mobs, and radical militants, but for many of its victims, th […]
- Analysis: The ISIS Threat to America 08/28/2014In the wake of reports that two American citizens were killed recently fighting alongside ISIS in Syria, I appeared on the 700 Club today to discuss the ISIS threat to America and how this brutal terrorist army is getting its funding. The segment starts around the 1:54 mark, after a report from my CBN News colleague Mark Martin. Click on the viewer below to […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Analysis: ISIS and Hamas One in the Same 08/25/2014Last Friday, I spoke to my CBN colleague Mark Martin about the rise of ISIS and Hamas's ongoing jihad against Israel. I made the point that these two jihadist death cults are cut from the same savage cloth. Click play to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: WWII Veteran Warns About Dangers of Appeasement 08/20/2014This week's Watchman show was very special for me. I had a chance to sit down with World War II veteran Bill Langfan, a true American hero, to discuss his experiences fighting Hitler's forces in Europe and helping to liberate the Nazi death camp at Buchenwald. Bill warns that the West is making many of the same mistakes today in refusing to confron […]Erick Stakelbeck
- M 3.9 - 3km W of American Canyon, CaliforniaShakeMap - III DYFI? - VTime2014-08-26 12:33:16 UTC2014-08-26 05:33:16 -07:00 at epicenterLocation38.178°N 122.302°WDepth12.30 km (7.64 mi)
- M 6.9 - 43km ENE of Tambo, PeruPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - VI Time2014-08-24 23:21:45 UTC2014-08-24 18:21:45 -05:00 at epicenterLocation14.586°S 73.578°WDepth101.00 km (62.76 mi)
- M 6.0 - 6km NW of American Canyon, CaliforniaPAGER - RED ShakeMap - IX DYFI? - VIII Time2014-08-24 10:20:44 UTC2014-08-24 03:20:44 -07:00 at epicenterLocation38.220°N 122.313°WDepth11.30 km (7.02 mi)
- M 6.4 - 18km WNW of Hacienda La Calera, ChilePAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIIITime2014-08-23 22:32:23 UTC2014-08-23 18:32:23 -04:00 at epicenterLocation32.705°S 71.397°WDepth35.00 km (21.75 mi)
- M 4.2 - 7km SSW of Guthrie, OklahomaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VIITime2014-08-19 12:41:35 UTC2014-08-19 07:41:35 -05:00 at epicenterLocation35.819°N 97.472°WDepth3.46 km (2.15 mi)
- UK: Special Forces Move Into London As Gov’t Fears “Mumbai-Style” Terrorist Spectacular
- “Infidels!” Christian Churches In Indiana Vandalized With Pro-Terror, Antichrist Verses From Qur’an
- Poll: 95% Of BBC Viewers Think Multiculturalism Has Failed
- CNN Host Stunned When Muslim Cleric Makes 9/11 Joke During Soundcheck
- “Islamic State” Children Taught To Fire Machine Guns, Forced To Watch Beheadings, Crucifixions And Stonings
- “You Christians All Need Beheading”: Female Rock Band Singer Converts To Islam, Has Sudden Urge To Put Christian Heads On Display
- Lying Wonders: “A Mark Which Resembled Allah” Miraculously Appears On Muslim Man’s Forehead
- Willingly Ignorant: Former US President Carter Says “The Principles Of Allah” Will Bring Mideast Peace
- Former Mufti On Muhammad: “So Many People Can’t Live Properly Because Of Him”
- ISIS Caliphate Vows To Strike Down Every Obstacle On Its Path Towards Israel To “Kill The Barbaric Jews”
- Canada: University Of Ottawa Student Converts To Islam, Threatens Christians Will “Face The Sword” If They Do Not Convert To Islam
- Report: Muslims Behead Six-Year-Old Boy Because He Was … A Christian
- “It Is An Open War Now”: ISIS Declares Denmark An “Enemy Of Islam”, Vows To Eliminate Danish Non-Muslims
- “Great Persecution”: Christians Beheaded After Islamists Take Over Church And Christian Homes In Nigerian Town
- “Islamic State” Beheading Women And Children After Stripping Them Naked
- Obama’s Escape From Planet Reality
- Locust Swarm “Like The Plagues Of Egypt” Descends Upon Madagascar’s Capital
- Yemen: Muslim Brother Burns Sister To Death For Converting To Christianity
- Feds: Islamic Terrorists Are Planning “Imminent” Attack On Southern Border, “It’s Coming Very Soon”
- Seized ISIS Laptop Shows Plans For Biological Weapons Attacks
- Report: ISIS Terrorists Planning To Assassinate Pope Francis, Italy Issues Nationwide Terror Alert
- UK Terror Threat Level Raised To Severe, Jihadist Attack Now “Highly Likely”
- Unprecedented: The Truth About ISIS And Why This Terrorist Group Is Different From All Others
- Fort Hood Shooter Nidal Hasan Petitions To Be a “Citizen” Of The Terror-Loving ISIS Caliphate
- Believers Behaving Badly: Chicago Muslim With ISIS Flag Leads Police On Car Chase, Threatens To Blow Up Authorities
- Fiendish Friday Favorites: Report Reveals ISIS Caliphate Prefers To Maim And Kill On Islam’s Holiest Day Of The Week
- New Al Qaeda Magazine Hints Of Imminent Attack On America, Urges Bombing Of Oil Tankers, Las Vegas
- Experts: Number Of “Islamic State” Followers Growing Leaps And Bounds, Fighters Now Top 100,000
- Sickening: ISIS Terrorists Slaughter Hundreds Of Captured Syrian Soldiers
- If You Can’t Beat’em, Bomb’em: Sister Of Boston Bomber Threatens To Blow Up Boyfriend’s Ex-Girlfriend
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,580,058 Visitors Since March 2011