Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood Takes on Egyptian Military
Like I said, it’s only a matter of time …
After claiming that it is not trying to control parliament, that it favours consensus over monopoly and that it would not field a candidate in the presidential elections, Egypt’s most powerful political movement has broken all its promises.
Scepticism about its intentions was already rife last week after the Brotherhood packed the elected panel charged with drafting the post-revolution constitution with devotees. The move provoked a walkout from the panel by representatives of liberal parties, the constitutional court, the Coptic Church, and even al-Azhar, the centre of Sunni religious authority.
Then the Brotherhood dropped a bombshell at the weekend with a decision to nominate Khairat al-Shater, its strategist and most formidable leader, as its candidate in the May 23 presidential election.
The movement’s brazen push for power is a dramatic departure from its decades-old approach of cautious, gradual politics and its more recent preference for sharing in the responsibility of ruling Egypt’s 80m people.
‘It’s a turning point in the history of the Muslim Brotherhood,’ says Dia Rashwan, analyst at Cairo’s Al-Ahram Centre for Political and Strategic Studies.” Read more at FT.Com.
- Kerry: There's Progress, but I Can't Tell You About it 12/06/2013Secretary of State John Kerry says that progress has been made in talks Israel-PA peace talks, but won't provide details.
- Released Terrorists Reveal No Regret, Fun in Jail 12/05/2013PMW exposes released prisoners and their families on PA TV revealing ease of prison life, and familial visits in contrast to PA libels.
- Abbas Rejects Kerry’s Offer 12/05/2013PA spokesman says Abbas has rejected every offer put forth by John Kerry on Jordan Valley security.
- American Teacher Shot Dead Jogging in Benghazi 12/05/2013Ronnie Smith, chemistry teacher at International School, shot while jogging near US consulate in the Libyan city.
- Western States Hold First Talks With Syria's Islamist Rebels 12/05/2013Western states, including US, meet with powerful Syrian Islamic Front marks policy shift after failure to back secular FSA.
- 'Tell Obama: No, We Can't' 12/05/2013Deputy Defense Minister says Israel will not sign an interim agreement 'that will put Israeli lives in danger.'
- Yemen: 29 Killed as Al Qaeda Gunmen Storm Defense Ministry 12/05/2013Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula suspected in audacious attack in the heart of Yemen's capital Sana'a.
- Obama’s Pointless Dog and Pony ShowWhy Americans won't buy the president's new crusade to sell ObamaCare.
- The Birth of TruthRevoltDavid Horowitz, Ben Shapiro and Jeremy Boreing discuss the Right's newest weapon at Restoration Weekend.
- David Horowitz on “The Real Goal of ObamaCare” — on The Glazov GangThe Freedom Center's president unveils the true agenda behind the Radical-in-Chief's health care plan.
- Why Hillary Will Lose AgainThe inevitable candidate isn’t inevitable.
- Ukrainian People PowerUkrainian revolutionaries choose Europe because they know who Putin is and what Putinism means.
- Plundering Sold As PopulismThe IMF plots outright wealth confiscation across the entire globe.
- The Dutch Academy vs. The HereticOne student's courageous fight against the socialist establishment.
- Pope Says ‘No Middle East without Christians’ICC Note: Following a meeting with the leaders of churches across the Middle East Pope Francis spoke out calling for the church to support the continued existence of the church in areas that have increasingly become hostile to Christians. “We will not resign ourselves to imagining a Middle East without Christians,” Pope Francis said. This further highlights […]
- No One Wants to Admit That There’s a War on ChristiansICC Note: “We ignore too many things, and even more indefensibly, we pretend not to see too many things.” This is the reality for how much of the world has treated the intensifying war against Christians in much of the Middle East. Among many in the West there is a massive, and sometimes willful, ignorance of the realities confronting Christians around the w […]
- The West Must Not Ignore the Plight of Christians in the Muslim WorldICC Note: The plight of Christians in the Middle East is a story that often never makes the headlines. Unless the persecution of Christians happens to overlap with a major political interest, chemical weapons in Syria, a potential military coup in Egypt, etc., the story hardly gains any traction among the media and the political elites. There are many reason […]
- Islamist War on ChristiansICC Note: When attacks occur on churches such as what happened in Pakistan, or the string of violence in Egypt over the past month, or the horrific stories that have emerged from Syria, they are often treated as isolated incidents. Through many of them there is a common thread of an extremist interpretation of Islam that motivates them. While certainly a min […]
- A Post-Christian Middle East?ICC Note: The violence and unrest across the Middle East has resulted in the Christian population of the region falling from 20% a century ago to about 5%. In some cases Christians have been the direct targets of violence from militant Islamic groups and campaigns of repression by Islamic governments that see little place for Christians in their society. Wh […]
- Killing Christians: Interview with Nina SheaICC Note: This interview highlights the work of Nina Shea and her colleagues at the Center for Religious Freedom who are working to raise the level of rights guaranteed to all faiths across the globe. In a recent book, Persecuted: The Global Assault on Christians, they highlight country by country the severity and variety of abuse confronting followers of Ch […]
- Christians are in Peril throughout the Muslim WorldICC Note: This report highlights the frequent but often under-reported cases of Christian abuse across the Middle East. The abuses of Western governments are often splashed across the headlines of newspapers, the violence experience by Christians is often overlooked. As the article points out, between Morocco and Pakistan there is hardly anywhere that a Chri […]
- More Fallout From the Iran Deal Debacle 12/04/2013The fallout continues over the Obama administration's disastrous deal with Iran's regime regarding the Iranian nuclear weapons program. Iran's leaders insist that they will continue to enrich uranium and are crowing about Israel's isolation. There are even rumors floating around in the Arab press that President Obama plans to visit Tehran […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Hamas PM's Granddaughter Admitted to Israeli Hospital 11/19/2013This is far from the first time that Israeli hospitals have treated patients that are sworn to the destruction of the Jewish State. One recent example saw Syrian "rebels" -- some of them undoubtedly Jew-hating global jihadists--treated by Israelis on Israeli soil. Needless to say, these instances say a lot about the inherent humanity of the people […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman: Muslim Brotherhood 'Inside the Wire' 11/06/2013On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with national security expert Frank Gaffney for an in-depth look at Muslim Brotherhood infiltration of the U.S. government. We're also joined by topographer Mark Langfan, who maps out Iran's strategy for controlling the Middle East's oil supply. Click play below to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.4 - Kepulauan Barat Daya, IndonesiaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - VITime2013-12-01 01:24:13 UTC2013-12-01 10:24:13 +09:00 at epicenterLocation7.014°S 128.376°EDepth10.01 km (6.22 mi)
- M 7.0 - South Atlantic OceanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - ITime2013-11-25 06:27:33 UTC2013-11-25 02:27:33 -04:00 at epicenterLocation53.881°S 54.882°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 6.5 - Fiji regionPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - IIITime2013-11-23 07:48:32 UTC2013-11-22 19:48:32 -12:00 at epicenterLocation17.114°S 176.542°WDepth371.00 km (230.53 mi)
- M 7.7 - Scotia SeaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VII Time2013-11-17 09:04:55 UTC2013-11-17 06:04:55 -03:00 at epicenterLocation60.274°S 46.401°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 6.8 - Scotia SeaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V Time2013-11-16 03:34:31 UTC2013-11-16 00:34:31 -03:00 at epicenterLocation60.213°S 47.108°WDepth9.98 km (6.20 mi)
- Cameroon: Islamists Kill Christian Missionary, Burn Several Churches
- Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood Supporters Attack Christian Homes, Throw Christian Girl From Building
- Investor: ‘Eventually, The Whole World Is Going To Collapse’ Because Of The West’s ‘Staggering’ Debts
- An Islamic ‘Inheritance’: Muslim Sex Gangs Are Spreading Across The World
- India: News Reporter Severely Beaten By Muslim Mob After Trying To Help Elderly Muslim Woman
- Russia: ‘Unidentified Extremists’ Burn Churches In Tatarstan, Christians Pressured To Convert To Islam
- Islamic Movement: All Negev Lands In Israel Belong To Islam
- Islamic Party Member In Egypt Threatens Christians: You ‘Will Regret’ Supporting Overthrow Of Morsi
- No Joking: Saudi Muslim Offers ‘Castrated African Slave’ For Sale On Facebook
- And A Child Shall Bleed Them: Muslim Teen From Canada Labelled As ‘High Risk To Commit Terrorism’
- Barack Hussein Obama: ‘The Taliban Are Not Our Enemies And We Don’t Want To Fight Them’
- Muslim Persecution Of Christians: September 2013, A Month Of Horror For Christians Under Islam
- Michigan: Suspected Muslims Threaten To Burn Down Couple’s House Over Israeli Flag Hanging Outside Home
- Indonesia: Hundreds Of Islamists Attack Christian Church During Prayer Service
- Syria: Al-Qaeda Jihadists Seize Christian Church And Transform It Into Their Headquarters
- Nigeria: Four Christian-Dominated Villages Decimated, Dozens Killed Including Pregnant Women And Children
- ‘We Love Death’: German Convert To Islam Develops Urge To Wage Jihad And Establish Islamic Caliphate To Rule The World
- Central African Republic: Muslims Tell Refugees In Church To Leave Premises By Morning Or Face Death
- USA Today: Islamic Law And Suspicion Fueling Polio Resurgence In Muslim-Majority Nations
- Pakistan: Former Muslim Shares His Stories Of Persecution After Coming To Faith In Christ
- Exposing The Qur’an: Islam’s ‘Holy Book’ Teaches A Flat Earth
- Syria: Islamists Attacking Christian Children, Schools In An Effort To Rid Country Of Christianity
- 450,000 Christians Flee Muslim Violence In The Central African Republic
- Comet ISON Set To Become Brilliant Spectacle … If It Survives Today’s Close Encounter With The Sun
- Afghanistan: Devout ‘Religion Of Peace’ Locals Shoot Couple Dead For Falling In Love
- Greece: Authorities Concerned As Muslim Attacks Against Churches Increase In Crete
- ‘The Situation In Gaza Is Very Bad’: Hamas Cracking Down On Christians, Forcing Them To Convert To Islam
- Islamic University Professor: The Muslim World ‘Has Yet To Learn Mutual Respect And To Listen To Others’
- Egyptian Fatwas: Women Only Created For Sex, Swimming Women Are Adulterers, Touching Bananas Forbidden …
- Russia: 15 ‘Extremists’ Arrested In Moscow With Weapons, Explosives … And Qur’ans
- 1,061,312 Visitors Since March 2011