Gulf Coast Residents Dismayed as Effects of Oil Spill Continue
By SABRINA CANFIELD – “GRAND ISLE, La. (CN) – A billboard on Highway 1 says: Devastating Spill, Devastating Feelings. Inside the Gulf Coast Claims Facility building on the far end of Grand Isle, about 60 people have turned out for a National Resource Damage Assessment public scoping meeting. ‘You talk about 18 months or so before we get started,’ a resident tell trustees. ‘That’s a long time for us who live here, while our environment and animals are dying.’
‘We have a huge problem,’ Beverly Armand, continues. ‘We have to stop denying it. We can’t fix the problem if we deny it is there.’
The National Resource Damage Assessment, or NRDA, is being conducted by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association, the Department of the Interior, and the states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.” Read more.
- Sweden: Gang Of “Youths” In Muslim Area Viciously Assault Elderly Man After Thinking His Hearing Aid Was… wp.me/p1qlPa-6XR 9 hours ago
- Erekat: If Our UN Bid Fails, We'll Join Int'l Organizations 10/22/2014PA chief negotiator threatens to apply for membership to 522 international organizations and statutes.
- Canada Raises Internal Threat Level 10/22/2014Canada’s federal government raises its internal threat level, cites an increase in “general chatter from radical Islamist organizations”.
- UN Chief to Investigate Attacks on UN Facilities in Gaza 10/22/2014Ban Ki-moon announces investigation into attacks on UN's Gaza facilities and the use of UN sites to store weapons.
- Pentagon: Airstrikes Have Helped Keep ISIS Away from Kobane 10/22/2014Pentagon spokesman warns that the town of Kobane could still fall into the hands of ISIS and that the situation is "tenuous".
- Watch: US Weapons Airdrop Falls into ISIS Hands 10/21/2014American support for Kurdish fighters in embattled city of Kobane goes awry, as brutal jihadists sarcastically thank US for the ammo.
- Jordan Pressing Israel not to Allow Jewish Temple Mount Prayer 10/21/2014Jordanian ambassador to 'Palestine' reveals diplomatic war against new prayer bill, and vast financial network to Arabize Jerusalem.
- Egyptian Court Sentences 7 Sinai Jihadis to Death 10/21/2014Members of Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis found guilty of deadly attacks against Egyptian military targets
- Obama Prepping to Amnesty 34 Million?Administration caught red-handed with smoking gun document.
- Revealed: U.S. Cut Off Arms Supply to Israel During Gaza WarWhy the decision likely came from the White House.
- Why Republicans Don’t Get ItThe folly of sidelining the conservative base.
- Paul Krugman Uncovers a Right-Wing Conspiracy at Amazon.comThe Times columnist suggests a government crackdown for selling conservative books too quickly.
- Loyalty and Enmity: Parallels between Islam and the MafiaThe deadly price of betrayal.
- Wave of Acid Attacks in IranWomen living in fear.
- The Blood on Obama’s HandsA radical president spawns an unmitigated disaster in the Middle East.
- Chaldean Archbishop: a Mideast Without Christians?ICC Note: Speaking to a gathering of Middle Eastern Church leaders, Chaldean Archbishop Meram expressed his concern and support for Christians across the Middle East. In recent months jihadi militants “have violently purged cities in Iraq and Syria of their Christian and other minorities.” The issue though is one that has been building for years as Christian […]
- Boko Haram Violates Alleged Truce with Nigerian State, Claims Town for CaliphateICC Note: Following the announcement of a truce between the radical Islamic insurgency, Boko Haram, and the Nigerian government—against which it has fought for more than a decade for a separate Islamic state in the Nigerian north—militants belonging to the terrorist network reportedly attacked two towns, slaughtering innocents before claiming a third town fo […]
- Senior-level Nigerian Officials Allege Imminent Release of Kidnapped SchoolgirlsICC Note: Following the abduction of more than 300 schoolgirls—ages 14 to 19—from the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, Nigeria by that of the radical Islamic insurgency Boko Haram, talks began between government officials and senior members of the terrorist network over a potential prisoner swap for the release of those still in captivity. Saturd […]
- Nigeria Announces Truce with Boko Haram, Experts Express SkepticismICC Note: Friday, the Nigerian military announced a truce between the Nigerian state and radical Islamic insurgency Boko Haram. Responsible for the deaths for more than 3,000 Nigerians this year alone, 1,700 of whom were professed Christians, Boko Haram has waged a campaign of terror against the Nigerian people for more than a decade in pursuit if the establ […]
- Facing ISIS, Middle Eastern Evangelicals Exchange StrategiesICC Note: The threat that ISIS poses to Iraq’s Christian community is felt by Christians around the world, but perhaps more acutely by Christians in the Middle East who themselves have faced similar persecution at the hands of extremists both in the recent and distant past. Christians from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and elsewhere are joining to provide aid to t […]
- ISIS Declares Christians No. 1 EnemyICC Note: Showing the religious element of its agenda, ISIS has threatened to break the crosses of Christians in the latest version of its English language publication. The cover image shows the Vatican with the black flag of ISIS flying over top. The group continues to attempt to solidify its hold on territory in Iraq and Syria and continue to attract suppo […]
- Christians Under Siege In The Islamic Middle EastICC Note: Persecution for Christians in the Middle East is nothing new, but looking across the region today the church is under attack in nearly every country. The rise of Islamic extremism has driven a militancy that often violently targets Christians in its attempt to create an “Islamic State” or at least countries where Islam is in power. Whether they are […]
- The Watchman Show: Is History Repeating Itself? 10/15/2014On this week's edition of The Watchman, we take you to the recent rally for Israel in Washington, D.C., featuring former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. We also sit down with bestselling author Harry Crocker to discuss his new book, The Yanks are Coming! A Military History of the United States in World War I, and lessons we can learn today from the Great W […]Erick Stakelbeck
- Qatar: Shady "Ally" Embraced by Obama Administration 10/15/2014It's a tiny Muslim nation in the Persian Gulf that you can barely find on a map. Qatar may not be a household name for most Americans -- but the Qataris are among the Obama administration's closest allies in the Middle East. They're also the main sponsor of the terror group Hamas and have helped jihadists in Syria. Check out my latest report, […]Erick Stakelbeck
- CBN News at Rally for Israel in DC 10/06/2014Here's an excellent report from my CBN News colleague Paul Strand on yesterday's big Rally for Israel in D.C. sponsored by Concerned Women for America. Featuring Gov. Mike Huckabee, Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard, Penny Nance and Alison Howard of Concerned Women for America, Gary Bauer of American Values, Victor Styrsky of Christians United fo […]Erick Stakelbeck
- M 7.3 - 67km WSW of Jiquilillo, NicaraguaPAGER - YELLOW ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIII Time2014-10-14 03:51:35 UTC2014-10-13 21:51:35 -06:00 at epicenterLocation12.576°N 88.047°WDepth40.00 km (24.85 mi)
- M 6.3 - 154km ENE of Hachinohe, JapanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - IV DYFI? - IIITime2014-10-11 02:35:46 UTC2014-10-11 12:35:46 +10:00 at epicenterLocation40.987°N 143.216°EDepth13.48 km (8.38 mi)
- M 4.3 - 2km SSW of Cushing, OklahomaPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - VITime2014-10-10 13:51:21 UTC2014-10-10 08:51:21 -05:00 at epicenterLocation35.964°N 96.773°WDepth4.32 km (2.68 mi)
- M 6.6 - Southern East Pacific RisePAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I DYFI? - ITime2014-10-09 02:32:05 UTC2014-10-08 19:32:05 -07:00 at epicenterLocation32.109°S 110.890°WDepth10.00 km (6.21 mi)
- M 7.1 - Southern East Pacific RisePAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - I Time2014-10-09 02:14:32 UTC2014-10-08 19:14:32 -07:00 at epicenterLocation32.115°S 110.779°WDepth15.50 km (9.63 mi)
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,696,354 Visitors Since March 2011