Gulf Coast Residents Dismayed as Effects of Oil Spill Continue
By SABRINA CANFIELD – “GRAND ISLE, La. (CN) – A billboard on Highway 1 says: Devastating Spill, Devastating Feelings. Inside the Gulf Coast Claims Facility building on the far end of Grand Isle, about 60 people have turned out for a National Resource Damage Assessment public scoping meeting. ‘You talk about 18 months or so before we get started,’ a resident tell trustees. ‘That’s a long time for us who live here, while our environment and animals are dying.’
‘We have a huge problem,’ Beverly Armand, continues. ‘We have to stop denying it. We can’t fix the problem if we deny it is there.’
The National Resource Damage Assessment, or NRDA, is being conducted by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association, the Department of the Interior, and the states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.” Read more.
- Islamic Jihad Spokesman: Israeli Soldiers Use Arab And Palestinian Children’s Blood To Knead Dough For Bread wp.me/p1qlPa-6FW 13 hours ago
- Nasrallah Promises 'All Means of Support' to Gaza 07/25/2014Hezbollah chief promises to support Gaza, threatens Israel against expanding its offensive.
- EU Calls for Immediate Ceasefire in Gaza 07/25/2014EU calls on Hamas and Israel "to agree to an immediate ceasefire based on the November 2012 ceasefire agreement."
- Iranians Rally for 'Death to Israel, America' on 'Quds Day' 07/25/2014Demonstrations erupt in over 700 towns in Iran on Friday calling for Palestinian 'resistance' to Israel.
- Iran: We Provided Hamas with Rocket Technology 07/25/2014Iranian parliament speaker boasts that his country provided Hamas with the technology it has used to rain down rockets on Israel.
- Kerry Focusing on Humanitarian Ceasefire 07/25/2014U.S. focusing on a week-long humanitarian ceasefire, during which intensive negotiations will tackle other disputes, according to officials.
- Israel Calls Out UNRWA for Claiming IDF Shelled School 07/25/2014UNRWA's claims that an evacuation of a Gaza school was prevented are untrue, says the IDF.
- Kerry Reaches out to Hamas Allies to Press Truce 07/24/2014US Secretary of State turns to Islamist-led Qatar and Turkey to help pressure Hamas into accepting a ceasefire with Israel.
- The UN’s Propaganda War Against IsraelAs Israel defends itself from terror, the international community supports a death cult.
- Dr. Anna Geifman on “Life in Israel Under Siege” — on The Glazov GangThe author of “Death Orders” shares life in Jerusalem during a state of war -- and what it means to confront a death cult.
- Israel’s Pyrrhic Moral VictoryAt what cost must the Jewish State try to win public opinion?
- A Thank You Letter From Hamas to the MediaPlease keep up the good work.
- The Long-Awaited Investigation into Alexander V. Litvinenko’s MurderFormal inquiry finally launched into the killing of a KGB-agent-turned-dissident.
- House of Worship or Palestinian Arsenal?Who is interested in what was found inside the Al-Farouq Mosque in Gaza?
- Americans Say Obamacare Is Hurting FamiliesThe public has yet to be seduced by big government health care.
- G7 Leaders Term Boko Haram Abductions An “Unconscionable Crime,” Pledge SupportICC Note: Wednesday, June 4, the leaders of the G7 (or group of seven, referring to its membership of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States) released a joint statement on a plethora of issues, separated by country, as well as some more general human rights and international security issues. In closing the statement, […]
- Three Clergy Freed From Boko Haram Captivity After 57 DaysTwo Italian Priests, Canadian Nun Released by Boko Haram to Cameroonian Security Forces 06/02/2014 Washington, D.C. (International Christian Concern) - International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that Boko Haram released two Italian priests and a Canadian nun the group kidnapped following a raid on a small Cameroon Parish on April 4, 2014. Fathers Giam […]
- Christian Mother to be Released to Nurse Newborn Before Being ExecutedSudan Foreign Ministry Announces Intention to Release Meriam Yahia Ibrahim from Death Row for Two Years Before Carrying Out Sentencing 05/31/2014 Washington, D.C. (International Christian Concern) - International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that, according to a Sudanese official, the government of Sudan intends to release Meriam Yahia Ibrahim, a moth […]
- Christians Targeted in Global PersecutionICC Note: “The West is sleep-walking into a tragedy,” says Lord Alton of the UK. The reality of persecution of Christians in the Middle East and beyond is occurring with near daily frequency and yet the response to these attacks is muted at best. While structures exist to protect Christians and to prosecute those responsible for the acts they are often not e […]
- Concern Over Attacks on Middle East Christians Grows in WashingtonICC Note: Attacks on Christian minorities in the Middle East is far too often unreported. There are many factors to why this issue that affects so many is often ignored in the discussion of broader human rights abuses. Even when leaders like President Obama speak out on the issue there is often very little follow-up. By Jerome Socolovsky 04/17/2014 Middle Ea […]
- Global War on Christianity Is Violent And RealICC Note: Was the killing of a Dutch priest in Homs, Syria just an isolated incident? The reality is that his death, while just one of nearly 150,000 in the past three years in Syria, is also just one of many such incidents that are driven because of ones identification as a Christian. From a Coptic girl in Egypt, to a Dutch priest in Syria, and many, many m […]
- Lebanon Cardinal: Christians Not Persecuted Minority, But In Middle East FabricICC Note: Addressing the United Nations, Lebanese Cardinal Rai spoke about the realities confronting Christians in the Middle East. Rather than Christians being treated as a persecuted minority, a group that is somehow alien to the area, he pressed that Christians must be seen as a part of the Middle East fabric. They have suffered alongside of many others i […]
- The Watchman Show: Israel's Fight is Our Fight 07/23/2014On this week's episode of The Watchman, we sit down with David Brog, executive director of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), to discuss why Christians need to stand with Israel now more than ever. We also talk to Rabbi Ken Spiro about Jerusalem U, a unique online course designed to educate about Israel. Plus, we feature some clips from my speech at t […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Ludicrous U.S. Travel Ban to Israel 07/22/2014And so it begins. The Obama administration and its cohorts in the European Union have been unable to browbeat Israel into stopping its much-needed operation to root out terrorists in Gaza. So now they are getting personal with Israel--and shamefully so. The Obama administration has announced a 24-hour ban on travel to Israel's Ben Gurion Airport for all […]Erick Stakelbeck
- The Watchman Show: Israel's Operation Protective Edge 07/16/2014On this week's edition of The Watchman, we analyze Israel's latest conflict against Hamas with CBN Middle East Bureau Chief Chris Mitchell and Israel's Ambassador to the United States, Ron Dermer. Click play to watch.Erick Stakelbeck
- M 6.9 - 94km NNE of Ndoi Island, FijiPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - III Time2014-07-21 14:54:41 UTC2014-07-21 02:54:41 -12:00 at epicenterLocation19.829°S 178.464°WDepth616.44 km (383.04 mi)
- M 6.3 - 86km SSE of Pondaguitan, PhilippinesPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - IVTime2014-07-14 08:00:00 UTC2014-07-14 16:00:00 +08:00 at epicenterLocation5.681°N 126.570°EDepth44.94 km (27.92 mi)
- M 6.5 - 135km ESE of Namie, JapanPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - V DYFI? - V Time2014-07-11 19:21:59 UTC2014-07-12 04:21:59 +09:00 at epicenterLocation37.040°N 142.425°EDepth10.50 km (6.52 mi)
- M 6.3 - 13km NNE of Port-Vila, VanuatuPAGER - GREEN ShakeMap - VI DYFI? - IVTime2014-07-08 12:56:26 UTC2014-07-08 23:56:26 +11:00 at epicenterLocation17.617°S 168.359°EDepth114.00 km (70.84 mi)
- M 6.9 - 2km NNE of Puerto Madero, MexicoPAGER - ORANGE ShakeMap - VII DYFI? - VIII Time2014-07-07 11:23:55 UTC2014-07-07 06:23:55 -05:00 at epicenterLocation14.742°N 92.409°WDepth60.00 km (37.28 mi)
Islamic Terrorist Network In America
- 1,326,093 Visitors Since March 2011